Hobby Lobby's "I LOVE THIS YARN"

salos

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also kept my word and bought some on Saturday. At our HL it is 1.99 a skein! Still a super deal! I bought white to make a shawl that I am waiting to get the pattern in the mail. I love this yarn!!!! Our store had about 8 different colors of it. :yay

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across it myself yesterday and bought 1 skein of the red to try on something today. It is so nice and soft I only saw a few colors too and hope they decide to get more colors in of it.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw that last night too! I like the feel of it. Now to find a reason to buy some... :devil

:eek You need a reason to buy yarn??? :blush Boy, am I in trouble!!!

LOL well yeah, if you saw my stash shelf. okay shelves, and boxes, and bags.... :blush you'd know what I mean. At this point, I need a reason to get more, anyway. :lol

I noticed my HL has increased their stock on this yarn slowly but surely too. :) Along with their Homespun-ish one (Fleece Lite, or something?) I wonder what other HL brands are to come. :) I'm enjoying the new variety.

:) I used it to make the granny throw from the last Crochet Today magazine. My Hobby Lobby had three different colors of red, so it worked out perfectly. It is very soft to work with and it is a little thicker than RH SS but it felt so much nicer on my hands. :hook It turned out very nice but I haven't had a chance to wash it yet. But it looks like it will wash very nicely. The yarn didn't pill and it didnt' split while using it. Overall, I loved it and hope it comes in more colors soon. I have only seen a royal blue, white and black other than the three reds.

Patricia C

Golden CO

:) I used it to make the granny throw from the last Crochet Today magazine. My Hobby Lobby had three different colors of red, so it worked out perfectly. It is very soft to work with and it is a little thicker than RH SS but it felt so much nicer on my hands. :hook It turned out very nice but I haven't had a chance to wash it yet. But it looks like it will wash very nicely. The yarn didn't pill and it didnt' split while using it. Overall, I loved it and hope it comes in more colors soon. I have only seen a royal blue, white and black other than the three reds.

Ummm...the Blushing Grannies on page 27? :rofl That's what I'm making! Let me guess... you are using Aubergine, Cranberry and Red?

I am working on #3 Shells afghan from Leisure Arts Quick Crochet Afghans book 3, using the Royal blue. the yarn is very soft I hope they come out with some nice bright colors. I really like this yarn.

I came across it a couple of weeks ago while I was in Hobby Lobby looking for some yarn I could use to make my aunt a blanket with. I saw it, and noticed that it was comparable to Red Heart's Super Saver yarn, but cheaper and softer, so I bought as much as I could for the project.

I can see why they call it "I Love This Yarn", because it's definitely an appropriate name for it!

I was sad, though. I only found it in Royal Blue and in Navy Blue. I think there was a red color there, but I didn't see any other colors of it. Hopefully they'll be getting some more? Sounds like it must be new, so maybe they're trying out a few colors to see how well it does before launching a lot of different colors, do you think?

If it was available in other colors, I would buy THAT yarn whenever possible!

I've found this yarn in White, Black, Navy Blue, Royal Blue, Red, Cranberry and Aubergine. (different stores seem to stock different colors..)

Currently making a Red, Royal & White afghan for Project Linus.. the squares sure are cuddly/cushy. Not sure what I will do with the other colors I bought...

I was just at my local HL today and they have more colors :clap:clap

They have black, white, navy blue, royal blue, red, cranberry, aubergine, soft blue and ivory. The soft blue and ivory are the 2 new colors. And of course I had to buy those new colors!!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some white and baby blue skeins the other day and am currently working on a round baby ripple blanket with it. I love it, its super soft, 7 oz skeins (355 yds) and only $1.99. My HL had quite a few colors to choose from. I will be using this yarn for a lot of projects. It is also nice to work with, it just glides off your crochet hook and doesn't get stuck like RH does sometimes. Great find!:hook

I'm glad they're getting new colors. We only had white, navy, rust red, and burgundy. Now I know I can ask for other colors if they're not on the shelf.

I know! Maybe we ought to write them some letters expressing our love for their new yarn, so that they'll be even MORE encouraged to produce it in more colors and keep it available? :cheer

Hey, if nothing else, maybe writing a short letter about it will get you some kind of coupons, yeah?

If you wanna contact them by letter, here is the address:

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

7707 S.W. 44th Street

Oklahoma City, OK 73179

Archived