what have you crocheted for your husbands?

I have made my husband tons of things...scarves, hats, wallet, 5 sweaters, robe, teddy bears (he love's them...) and an afghan among other things...they have been crocheted or knitted or sewn...in fact I just finished a zipper front jacket sweater last week. He loves what I make him. I feel like I have my own life-sized Ken doll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not done anything yet...I did make a rug for our front door. He build a shop out back and I'll be making him a rug too. I was going to try to graph the name of his company and crochet it into the rug. Now I think I'll make the rug first and then sew the name on later. I should do it soon though - I've had the yarn for about a year now...yikes!

It's great hearing what everyone else has made their hubbys. I have made my bf a cozy the size of a mobile phone that he used for all different sorts of things(I was making it for my mobile and he really liked it and wanted it so I gave it to him). A little wallet type thing with "SACO" written on it that he requested. I think that's about it. I wanted to make him something for his birthday but I've had alot of trouble trying to decide on what so I didn't. I am going to make him an afghan for chrissy cause I know I've got lots of time to get it done and I am very slow with afghans.

Um, is this thread really a wives' club--that is, wives crocheting for husbands? That is, do I have to start another thread for boyfriends, domestic partners of whatever gender, the occasional guy crocheter making something for his sweetheart..... or can anyone join in with stuff they made for their significant others?:manyheart

Um, is this thread really a wives' club--that is, wives crocheting for husbands? That is, do I have to start another thread for boyfriends, domestic partners of whatever gender, the occasional guy crocheter making something for his sweetheart..... or can anyone join in with stuff they made for their significant others?:manyheart

no limitations! join right on in!

I just checked with DH and he reminded me that I have not done anything for him yet and that I promised him a crocheted Care Bear. I guess that I had better get moving so he will still let me buy yarn.:manyheart

Chrissy:yarn

Dh isn't easy to crochet for but I've made him golf club covers, a scarf (used once in a while when it's super cold) & a little bag with candy in it for his truck. It hangs on his ciggy lighter & he always has some hard candies in it like creme savers or butterscotch candies.

Ok, I have a very special close friend that I crocheted a yellow and black afghan for since he had a dream of owning a yellow and black harley davidson some day. Well he said that the dream won't probably won't come true and he loves his afghan! I also used the left over black and yellow yarn to make him a let's just say a funny looking under garment! :rofl:embar

dh claimed the scrap granny I made for the living room, it is now at the foot of our bed. It completely doesn't match a thing in the room, but he loves it:)

I also made each of us a lap blanket for travel, dh included. We have family ranging from 2-14 hours away by car, and I made lap blankies for each of the kids booster/csr seats. DH liked these so well, (they kept ending up with hime instead of the kids) That I made him one in LB t&q light blue:)

Geez. Every afghan or lapghan I make, hubby tries to steal. I'm always making things for others, and rarely make anything for him...

right now I am working on an afghan for him in secret. it is a big granny square done with a bright varigated yarn called "embroidery" - lots of bright colors, and alternating with SS in black. It's really colorful, and when I get done with it, he'll be so surprised.

I can't wait until I get it finished.

I have made my boyfriend a beanie, (in his favorite "colors", camoflage print and black) :rolleyes A lapghan (that our cats use more than him), and a pair of socks. Of all these, he uses the beanie the most, even though it was only my 2nd crochet project. *sigh* I'm bound and determined to make him a new, nicer one though, and force him to wear it. Rawr!

The first thing my hubby every requested was a poncho...a "manly" one (it has camoflauge...which is totally not his thing, he was just being a jerk!!)...i have made him a couple of pairs of mittens, some skullies (he loves them!), an afghan...slippers once, i think...i think that KateCrochets is married to my hubby, though! Everything i make is "mine"!!

On New Year's Day, mine practically stood over me and monitored the progress on a scarf he requested. He had picked out the yarn from my stash-a dark green Lion Homespun color, then he wanted me to use the yarn doubled, then of course he decided on just the right width and length it should be. He even reminded me to stitch my label on one end. Wore it to work the next day, called me to tell me how all his co-workers admired it..but he never wore it again :eek What's up with that:confused

For Hubby I crocheted several vests .... different colors .... a bright orange hunting stocking hat .... and some slippers that look like tennis shoes. I also made him a heavy sweater with a fish design in it (but it was knitted) :)

Never crocheted anything for my first two (you said what have you crocheted for your husbands!) but I have made slippers for my third husband... though they always come out too big!:blush

:rofl Oh my, we MUST be related, I have two exhusbands, and NO I never made them anything, but divorce papers :lol and they were not crocheted! Now hubby #3 current and staying put...I am in the FINAL stages of his afghan, he is a Minnesota Vickings fan, so I am making Bobbys squares, purple and yellow out of Carons SS brights,I will bealternating squares, now, my hubby found out about this, it WAS to be a secret for valentines day, but he didn't buy that I was making charity squares in those colors :eek , THUS I had to come clean...he is in LOVE with it thus far, HOWEVER, I wanted to do a 4x5 square ghan, but oh no!, he wants 5X6...yadda yadda...so there I am working away at this seemingly endless ghan....lol, BUT I know he will love and cherish it.

I also have made him a REMOTE cosy, HOW MANY TIMES A DAY CAN THEY LOSE THEM ANYWAYS????

I've made stuffed animals and an afghan for mine, and I'm working on a huge afghan in camo for him now. The first one was years ago, and it had significance in its design to something in our lives. I've made him a stuffed lion because it was cute and a bear that looks just like him in his mechanic's uniform, complete with wire glasses, boots, removable clothing with buttons and belt, hat and an embroidered name tag.

Just think of something that will give meaning to the gift, in terms of your relationship, and he'll love it, even if it seems silly to others. :)

...I am in the FINAL stages of his afghan, he is a Minnesota Vickings fan, so I am making Bobbys squares, purple and yellow out of Carons SS brights,I will bealternating squares, now, my hubby found out about this, it WAS to be a secret for valentines day, but he didn't buy that I was making charity squares in those colors :eek , THUS I had to come clean...

I can (almost) relate to that! Since I'm working on my hubby's afghan for Valentine's Day, or not, depending on when I finish, I can only work on it when he's not home, and there have been a couple of times that I almost spoiled the surprise. Since there's no one else for whom I'd be making a camo afghan, if any of the yarn is lying around, he'll know what's going on. One day he was sitting on the chair and I noticed that a skein was right behind him on the pillow! I had to divert his attention and grab it. I still am not sure that he didn't see it. The horror! :eek

I have started a second afghan as a decoy, so he doesn't ask me why he doesn't see me crocheting, with all this other yarn lying around the house. So I have my daytime and evening projects going on. :lol

I've made my husband a non-traditional ripple in dark-ish colors (black, purple, and a varigated blue-ish that reads slivery blue), a team-color hat and scarf. He turns down most other things, but asked me to make a dragon for a friend of his and loved the ewok amigurumi pattern I found on craftster recently. Guess what he's getting as a happy present soon? :o) I just keep looking until I find things that fit his taste.

I've made hubby a scarf that he wears when it gets cold enough , and 2 afghans( he wants a 3rd in fluffy homespun) But what Hubbykins loves the most is a new pair of slippers/socks. I have made him all kinds over the years, some dopey looking and some really nice but he wears them all quite proudly. His favorites are the ones I make him using the toes up sock pattern and a soft worsted weight yarn for winter. He literally wears holes in them. As hubby says, New slippers equal love, guess that's why he's got a ton of slippers.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's entries here in this thread! My hubby was always saying that I crochet or kn*t all the time but never seem to make anything for him...except about a million hats and a scarf he never wears, he's also made claim to more than one afghan I've completed...I made him mittens last year and he told me that 'men' don't wear mittens :irk ...so anyway, last Summer I thought I'd fix his little red wagon and I made him these slippers as a bit of a joke, and I figured he'd stop bugging me about 'never' making him anything....well the joke was on me! :lol He loved them and I could barely get them off his feet to throw them in the wash once in a blue moon! :rofl He's worn holes in the bottoms now and keeps insisting that I fix them...I told him I could make another pair but no, he wants these fixed! I've since kn*tted gloves and a hat for the winter, which he wears too, but he keeps reminding me to fix his slippers...oh and he is still saying I 'never' make him anything! :lol

Archived