what have you crocheted for your husbands?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made my bf the Baby Snow Dragon and will be posting it in Show and Tell very soon. He saw it and demanded I make it for him that day(which was Saturday) I spent 11 hours straight making it while he watched me and played the Xbox360 the whole time! He loves it and wants more now!!

I have made my husband an afghan and I make him slipper socks. He really uses them during our cold winters. He also asked me to make some crochet snakes to put at the base of the doors to keep the cold air out. They work good plus they look nice!:D

Last winter, I made his mother an afghan using larger style granny squares in her favorite colors. I intended for her to use it while she watches TV, but she thinks it's too fancy, so she has it on the bed in her guest bedroom to keep it nice. So I made her a plainer lapghan, and when he gave it to her, she literally grabbed it and said "ooh, I like this." My husband was very happy. I think he'll keep me! :hug

For various men, I've made scarves using back-loop single crochet working lengthwise (fewer very long rows instead of more short rows) which ends up looking ribbed. Also, hats made in the round with back-loop single crochet, which ends up having a texture but not extremely ribbed as if you completed a round and went back in the other direction. Neither of these look as fussy as other kinds of crochet stitches can on men.

My spouse has always willingly worn whatever I've made because he's cold all the time, but after seeing this he's requested that I a set of Miyazaki amigurumi for his office.

--Elissa

• 2 years later...
My husband sleeps with a CPAP, because of sleep apnea. The hose that goes from the machine to his mask sometimes developes condensation, and causes odd noises during the night, and some other minor troubles. During his last visit to the medical supply store, he saw a cover for the hose made of fabric they wanted $40 for. :eek

He asked me to make one for him, and I did. No troubles with condensation now!!

He liked it so much, that he asked me to make another for a co-worker, who had been having the same problem with his CPAP!!

I have a good friend that has to sleep with that machine. Do you have a pattern you could possibly share or post a picture so I can get an idea. I would love to crochet him one too. Thanks

My DH loves everything I make, but most especially likes his scarves, his wooly hat and his afghans. He also loves homemade socks. He is next in line for some knitted socks. Recently, he even asked me to make a doily for a table that had been his grandmother's.

I also think amigurumi are great for men. My husband really likes waterfowl, so one Christmas I made him a duck that looks like a mallard. It is really cute, and he keeps it on his desk. I didn't do this, but you could put the pellets in it to give it weight and it could be a paper weight.

I made a rectangle granny that is the size of a bath towel to use to cover the back of my hubby's chair. He didn't like it because the holes were too uncomfortable and now it's a doggy blanket. I was just learning to crochet back then, so I didn't know how to do much. One of these days I'll make another go at it with thinner yarn and a solid stitch, probably even all SC or HDC would be fine. He asked for some slippers, but they have to be thin, no holes, and very soft....thinking I may just buy those, but we'll see lol. He's very picky.

I got around the accessory issue by buying my DH an absolutely awsome coat and then telling him that it really needed a scarf to fill the neckline, and that if he wore them both together, it would make me really hot! (Bribery always works). My scarf is posted under FOs and I am hoping to post the pattern soon (with better pics)

Mine likes earth tone colors..

the orange cable hat I posted in Show and tell ended up being his. He claimed it upon weaving in the ends because it matches his fleece jacket.

He has a few scarves that I've done - he really likes the homespun one when he is working outside in the snow (he tells me it keeps him warm)

I am in the process of finishing a very simple ripple in solid burgundy. It's in the "Are you done yet" phase...

And he's going to be the victim of my first wearable. I'm doing a vest for the Games :)

------

Also have to ask on the hose pattern for the CPAP machine. My dad sleeps with one and I know the sound you speak of!!!

I have made my husband 2 afghans, a snowman, socks, scarves and a few hats. He rarely asks for anything there were a few afghans he tried claiming but they were already planned for others.

His socks he only wears on occasion they were the toe up socks and made just for his feet.

I haven't ever made anything for my husband either. I've offered, but he's too manly to wear a scarf or crocheted hat. :think The only thing he'd use is a blanket with no holes in it. I should start working on one, because i'm sure it'll take me a year or so to complete (since I have so many projects on my "want to make" list. :) ).

My daughter did make him a coaster out of camo yarn that he uses almost everyday (sits on the end table where he watches TV).

My ex never wanted me to make him anything, but I did make a lot of the Christmas presents for the ladies in his family. That in and of itself was a gift for him. Had I learned to knit while we were together he might have wanted socks...we had enough afghans from gift beween ourselves to cover a small country.

The title says it all. I crochet like mad, but I've never done anything for DH. I don't think he really feels left out, but if I had a good idea, I'd love to make something for him. He wouldn't wear accessories, so a hat or scarf is out. Maybe I could do a cover for his iPod, but he always takes it to work, so I'm not sure how to work that. Any ideas? Other projects?

TIA! :hook

OMGoodness, now I don't feel so bad! I've been crocheting for YEARS, and the only things I've crocheted for DH are a round ripple done all in bright, rainbow colors (at his request, he picked them out), and a hat to wear when it gets cold. That's it. I've been promising him a sweater for what must now be centuries but never seem to get to it because something else always ends up taking precedence over it. I am about halfway through it at this point, though, which is further than I've ever gotten, and I have started it at least half a dozen times using different yarn each time. :blush I HOPE to have it finished for Christmas this year, but I haven't said that out loud to him yet for fear that something else comes up and it doesn't get done. I figure it's safer to keep him in the dark about it. :lol He's getting antsy about it, though, because just the other day he passed a comment that perhaps one of the Shawl Ladies would let him borrow their shawl if he got cold this winter. :lol

My hubby has watched me make tons of things for others so I made him a 52x52 granny for his recliner in the library. And he uses it!!!!! He is usually very warm so the granny pattern works great for him - not too hot when he falls asleep reading - opps, I mean closes his eyes to process, as he would say. hahahaaaaa

Hope this picture posts but if it doesn't, the picture here next to my name is the blanket.

post-24793-135897472168_thumb.jpg

I am in the process of making my dh a scarf. He rides his motorcycle until it snows and the only part of him that gets really cold by the time he gets to work is his neck and under his chin. So I found a few simple scarf patterns and I'll make him a couple. I wish I could find a pattern that has orange flames on it. It would match his helmet. Other then that, I've never made him anything, but he likes all the stuff I've made for our house.

This is a cool thread. I read it all and some of you women have made some really beautiful things for your husbands!

Well I've crocheted my fiance a drumstick case for his drumsticks not sure what I will make him next maybe a cute light brown hat to go with his new coat that his mom got him at the thrift store.

My husband worked in the woods and he used chopper mitts. The liners for them are really thin and no warmth at all so I made liners for him and he loves them. I have made him several pairs thru the years and now he is retired and hasn't needed them so I will have to find something else to make for him. smokey

Archived