what have you crocheted for your husbands?

The title says it all. I crochet like mad, but I've never done anything for DH. I don't think he really feels left out, but if I had a good idea, I'd love to make something for him. He wouldn't wear accessories, so a hat or scarf is out. Maybe I could do a cover for his iPod, but he always takes it to work, so I'm not sure how to work that. Any ideas? Other projects?

TIA! :hook

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not gonna be much help... I've never done anything for my Hubby either. Not from lack of wanting to, though. Everything I offer to make - hats, scarves, what-have-you - he turns me down.

Oh well... he can't say I didn't TRY!!!!

As for suggestions... maybe a lapghan (very manly one of course!) to snuggle up with? Or even a regular-sized afghan. I know some of our members here have made afghans for their hubby. If you've ever seen MrsPrincipal's avatar, it's a batman afghan she made for her hubby. Not exactly what you'd call "girly." ;)

As for suggestions... maybe a lapghan (very manly one of course!) to snuggle up with? Or even a regular-sized afghan. I know some of our members here have made afghans for their hubby. If you've ever seen MrsPrincipal's avatar, it's a batman afghan she made for her hubby. Not exactly what you'd call "girly." ;)

I don't think he'd go for an afghan. hmmmm....

Erin, my husband isn't one for crocheted stuff either. My kids love to have afghans, scarves and stuff. But hubby is one of those, "I don't need anything." people. So I understand where your at, but don't know how to help you.

My favorite items to make are afghans, ans everyone that I make, my hubby trys to jack it before I can give it away. So he really likes my afghans. Other than afghans I make for home, (i don't know if I can even say it here, but no punn intended) I made him a willie warmer once. We had some good laughs. It was all in a joke.

Val

The only thing I have been able to make for my hubby is 2 Afghans, on is a rectangular granny in greens and the other is a round ripple. The round ripple is in the sleeper of the Semi truck. He does want me to make one of the mini bear rugs posted to put on the dash of the Semi.

Pam

I have made my husband an afghan and a scarf. I surprised him with the afghan for his birthday a few years ago and he requested a green and yellow scarf when he and a friend went to a Green Bay Packers football game last year.

I don't think he'd wear anything I made, like a hat, but maybe he'd wear a sweater. Or some socks.

I am working on an afghan for our living room right now and for some reason, he just LOVES it. He thinks it's the greatest pattern/color combo and he can't wait till it's done. He's more excited about that WIP than I am!

My husband sleeps with a CPAP, because of sleep apnea. The hose that goes from the machine to his mask sometimes developes condensation, and causes odd noises during the night, and some other minor troubles. During his last visit to the medical supply store, he saw a cover for the hose made of fabric they wanted $40 for. :eek

He asked me to make one for him, and I did. No troubles with condensation now!!

He liked it so much, that he asked me to make another for a co-worker, who had been having the same problem with his CPAP!!

I have to think outside of the box with my hubby. He has a metal shift knob in his car that is freezing cold in winter and scorching hot in the summer. So I came up with a simple design for a shift knob cozy....now he wants me to make a reservoir cover for some part of his engine!:D Guys are really tough...I made him a pda cozy, and it just got pushed aside.:( Good luck figuring out something, wish I could be of more help.

Well my husband is a hunter. So I made him a camouflage ski mask to keep his head and face warm. He loves it and wants me to make another one with more of a open face. His brother loved it so I made him one. And a nieghbor and good friend wants one, every time I see him he asks where is his.

So I guess it's to the individual man and his likes.

I made him a pda cozy, and it just got pushed aside.

Mine wouldn't want a cozy for any of his things either.

I made him a scarf in his college colors.

I made him a pillow with his college logo (letter) on it.

He loves them both even though he doesn't wear the scarf much at all.

He's asked me for a beanie (he won't wear it often but on those really cold days) and an afghan.

So I guess it's to the individual man and his likes.

I agree. I think it's the same for women, too. ;)

I made hubbydubs a scarf, a Hello Kitty dressed up as a duck (he makes really funny duck noises, it was made in thread and he hangs it in his truck) and a Hello Kitty dressed up as a panda (his childhood favorite) and it hangs in his truck too...it's around 7 in tall and 4 in round. Since the Kitties have no bow, I'm going to have to name them Dear Daniels instead (HK's guy)

Everytime my kids get in his truck, they mess with his "kitties" and now I think I may have to make my babies some before they outgrow HK (oh like they ever will though :lol)

All's I got to say is...Real Men display Hello Kitty in their tucks :lol Well, Dear Daniels!!

Wow, I feel so blessed to have a husband that loves my crocheting so much that he nearly begs me to make things for him (not that I'm leaving him out in the cold, he's just a greedy bugger and wants to keep everything I make, except doilies, which he has not much use for :U)

When we were dating I made him a long, warm scarf as part of his birthday present, but he can't wear it when he really needs it (at work) because it's a choke hazard - they can't even wear real ties! They have to wear clip ons!

I also made him a double-thick afghan in his school colors (that took foreeevvverrr), and started on an afghan to match his den (which I didn't finish until the next Christmas when we were married, along with a set of matching throw pillows).

Since we've been married I've made him an American flag "chill chaser" for when he's playing on the computer (because men don't wear shawls, we just call it a chill chaser or his shoulder afghan!), an edged fleece blanket, and a 63 squares afghan.

As much as he doesn't love doilies in general, he wants me to make a name filet doily with our house's name on it and our year of marraige, to frame.

I've never made him anything like a sweater or hat or anything-cozy, because I know he doesn't like them, but I could make him an afghan for every occassion and he would be thrilled (and he always hopes I am, so when I don't he's a little disappointed, even though we have enough afghans in our house to use a different one each night for a fortnight, easily!).

I have made my husband an afghan (for one of our anniversares; about twelve years ago....) Two hats for work. I've kn*tted him a few hats, too. I crocheted him some slippers (that don't fit) and kn*tted him some socks.... I think that's about it.

Tina

How about socks, vests or sweaters... those are on the WIP and WIM list for my dh. He's waiting, not so patiently, for his socks (if you've read my blog you may have seen his comments like "sure that sweater is nice for you, but how come my feet are still cold?)

I made a ribbed hat in Camo for Christmas. When he put it on, it came down to his chin. So I frogged it, and with him there as a model, I re-did it. It looked like one of those old-time teeny beanies that had a propeller on it... waaay too small! Frog time! The third time was the charm. I just gave it to him yesterday and whew! it fits.

Joan

I've made DH a cro-hook scarf, which he uses, and an afghan which he loves also. He asked for placemats from rainbow-colored Sugar and Cream cotton yarn, which I made. I've made hunters FIL and BIL camo/orange hats, which seem to be a favorite.

I have made DH a scarf and Beanie Hat. He has asked for an Afghan and he has seen the graph 'ghans on here so he has requested an Afghan with the Harley Davidson Emblem on it :eek

I want to try to do it so bad but I'm ascared!! :scared

I've never done a graph 'ghan before. Maybe I should be like Nike and Just Do It! :dreaming

Archived