Krystal16

Finally I get to post. I finish my potholders and dishcloths, I also

made some coasters. I finish a new skein and 1 small ball, so that's

3 points.Now to change my score.:cheer

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tina- Thanks for the link to the scrappy bear pattern! :waving

I am hoping to be able to pick up my hook this weekend. I am still at "0" for the week! I usually make time to crochet everyday and life stuff is eating up my time. It's driving me nuts. I guess the only positive is that I am not going in the negative direction either. :lol

Well, I made two skeins into little bitty balls last night. Once I pick up my daisy afghan again, I'll get the other point for each of those. Hopefully tonight I'll get some more done......I've been working 7 days a week trying to make up for the 3 weeks I was out of work, so I'm having problems finding time to crochet and read.....so much to do so little time:eek

Mom w/motif - YES! You are welcome to join in - anytime!

Thanks for the pattern - I have yet to look at it.

Things are going slow here, and I'm sure I'll get that Ebay box dropped on me soon. I might be getting the shoot the moon award this week, and I'm not even trying! LOL!

OK...so I actually did need to buy yarn (white) for an on-going project...so I'm down 3 points...but I'm working on a double-strand scrap play blanket for the kiddies, so I know that won't put too big a dent in my score this week...and I'm very proud of myself. I went to AC Moore, I grabbed what I needed and I left...I only got the yarn I went in to get, nothing extra...of course I also picked up a couple of other things that I hadn't intended on picking up, but at least it wasn't extra yarn LOL!!!

I'm off to adjust my score...

Jessie

Well I went to Walmart today but I was very good; I only got 3 skeins of yarn and I actually need all of them to complete projects. I found a skein of the Read Heart Baby Econo in Seashore so I can make that blanket bigger, I needed the Bernat Softee Baby in white for another baby blanket that I started, and then the skein of Caron SS in watermelon is for a scarf a lady at work asked me to make. I may be in the negatives, but I know i'll gain the points back.

My mom gave me a bag of knit squares (9 X 7) and a skein to make blankets. I went home yesterday and found another skein (RAOK) at my door, -4 pts. I think 1 blanket, 4 sq X 5 sq, crochet together with hdc edging uses 1/2 skein. I should be back in the + soon.

Ellie 13

Ginny, just talking about me mind you, but I have dug out all my small balls to do this stash busting game because it was a motivation to finally do something with them.

I am working on my regular projects in the mean time, nowhere NEAR fast enough to get points, but they are getting done. The main point for me to join this thing was to get rid of my stash. Mostly small balls!

Tina, I LOVE THAT BEAR!!! I am SO making one tonight!

OK. A little late, but joining my first CAL!!!:cheer Yay for me!!:yay

Now...where to begin??? What pattern to start with??? I'll start with the scrap slippers I'm currently working on since I just started yesterday. :hook

Do you think anyone would notice if I screamed and ran in a circle for a few minutes???:woo

I'm actually using up wayyy more yarn than I normally do. I've been using the half skeins, and yarn that I had no clue what do with mostly. It feels good to get rid of funky yarn I bought when I was a noobie crocheter! :D

OK. A little late, but joining my first CAL!!!:cheer Yay for me!!:yay

Now...where to begin??? What pattern to start with??? I'll start with the scrap slippers I'm currently working on since I just started yesterday. :hook

Do you think anyone would notice if I screamed and ran in a circle for a few minutes???:woo

nope...you would just be like the rest of us...we love to scream and run in circles..:clap:yes

:woo Seeing as how I can't afford any new yarn right now anyway, this will be a good thing for me. Now I'm off to look for stashbusting projects... :hook

Mom w/motif - YES! You are welcome to join in - anytime!

Thanks for the pattern - I have yet to look at it.

Well, my ebay BOXES came in today! Where's that moon, cuz I think I'm there! 19 skeins and 1 ball of yarn in there - that would be ANOTHER 39 points off! :eek

I'm trying to get myself out of the hole! I'm working on a double-stranded hat that's burning up yarn, but not done yet!

Krystal wow I was wondering how I was ever going to finish a skein of yarn just to get on the board and here you are in the negatives big time. You will have to crochet your hands off to get that figure down or up.:lol

Doing all my little squares I have got heaps done but still my skeins arent coming to an end. I stare at them wondering why one isnt finishing. Its like Im willing it to be gone just so I can get on the board.

:lol If I told anyone they would think I was mad.

Yeah, it's hard to deal with it, but all skeins are 2 points. BELIEVE me - I use pounders A LOT! It just makes you go find some of those abandoned balls and use them up more!

:D

I finished the one part of the had - only used up MOST of the two skeins (double yarn) - have two balls left. Two points!

Ok I got rid of a skein today with all my little squares I got going so I'm back to the postives even if it is only 1 lol. The good thing about the pounders being only 2 points is you get more yarn for the points being subtracted but the bad thing is the same you get more yarn that takes longer to get through lol.

Um, well I don't think I was able to remember the rules when I was at wal-mart, nor when I went to AC Moore..... um, here's what I did, and if I did the math right, my score is now -12 not +12

th_2007.jpg

And I'm still awaiting the stash from my mom, :rofl

oh, well. :sigh

Archived