STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've barely been at the computer this week, and thus doing more crocheting. I managed to make a small Flannelghan for hubby using up 4 skeins (+8), a modified Crochet Graden Scarf pattern for another 3 (+6) and have managed to get half a sweater from Crocheted Aran Sweaters done (for myself!) for another 3 (+6)... and nowhere a yarn shop this last week. Oh, and rolled two remnants into balls and threw a ball out (A varigated yarn that had been gotten into by some rodent... ugh!) (+3).

So final score for me: +23

here are the winners; Week ending 12/15

Gold Award.........................laughlovehook 44

Silver Award...........................hseger........24

Bronze Award.........................JennyBunny23

congrats to all the winners

Nght ..................20

norahkate...........12

krazy-kitty............7

Krystal 16 ............7

crochetsal.............6

Super Granny........6

craftytoo.............,,4

scc51055...............2

econ-nerd..............2

DesertCrocheter...-4

tamugrad02.........-6

angelfire.-............-7

SHOOT THE MOON -rlanto (12)

I used up 4 balls of yarn last night and probably will use up a few more today... I'm making Santa and Elf Purses for my nieces for Christmas... I'm trying to figure something for 5 boys ages 6 to 13 any ideas... I want something quick and easy the party is Sat..

Wow! I got the Shoot the Moon! I guess I deserve it after last week! ;) Am working very slowly on a pounder. Making making hats and scarves for a friend and her 2 1/2 year old daughter.

i just gave 16 skeins and 3 balls to my mother...i taught her to crochet last week and she's made 5 scarves. there's just no stopping her now! also, i used up a skein on a sweater for my niece and a skein and 2 balls on scarves so i'm at +41 for the week! wow, that was fun:clap

the problem is that i still haven't made it to the store for my christmas yarn-buying trip, so i may still be in trouble. do i go this week and ruin such a pretty score, or do i wait until after we get back from ohio (which will be in january and therefore a new year) and put myself in the negative right from the get-go? we'll see how long i can resist!

I couldn't get to the library to post again before Sat. because it was snowed on Thurs. (my day off-:lol). Everything is so icy now, I'm afraid to even walk to work (fell on ice beginning of the year). I'll add the points this week. I finished 3 the penguins - 3 balls (+3). It snowed again on Sun. so I stayed in crocheted and watched videos all day. I made 2 snowmen and a stocking - 1 skein, 3 balls (+5). So + 8 this week. They're predicting more snow in a few days, so the market has been very busy. If workers get stuck, they'll call me because I live up the street (I hope not). Extra money is nice, but I'd rather crochet. :hook

Ellie 13

Oh no. I broke down this morning and bought 2 skeins for my 3 color flannelghan, and this afternoon the yarn I ordered and was expecting in January showed up. 18 Skeins for an Aran sweater for hubby. (-40 this week unless I can get my tushie and hook in gear!)

Finished a lb'r on another new RR I started... of course I still haven't finished RR#1, only #2 :lol

The 3rd one is gonna be huge I'm afraid... and now I'm not sure if I have the yarn for it! :eek

I have done absolutely nothing as far as busting goes. I've crocheted, not a whole lot - as I needed to finish some research and cleaning. I plan on some mad crocheting between now and Thursday afternoon though because I have to finish my mom's sweater!!!

Finished a lb'r on another new RR I started... of course I still haven't finished RR#1, only #2 :lol

The 3rd one is gonna be huge I'm afraid... and now I'm not sure if I have the yarn for it! :eek

well, judging by the scores i'd say that someone here has to have the yarn you need! ;)

OH NO!!!!!

I got my mill ends order today. And theres 10 bags that aren't simply soft. Which means they go into my stash for the time being. 22 skeins worth. -44

Plus I also got the yarn I need for my commission blankets 12 skeins worth *well actually 24 but 12 are going out in the mail tomorrow* -24

I won't add the skeins of simply soft to my score because they are all going out in the mail tomorrow to people who ordered them for the Warm up America/Crochetville CAL.

Shoot the moon HERE I COME!

Archived