STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

If no one minds I can change the totals, I posted earlier than usual because of my migraine I wanted to be in a dark room ASAP

Thanks :hug I have been busy this week too so far and have been making myself a 2SUB using white and fluffy yarn (the stuff that I got for $0.50 a skein and that put me deeply in the hole earlier :D ) I'm at +11 for the week already!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used 2 skeins last night working on yet another sweater. I can't wait to post tomorrow morning before I go to bed, because I'll have put together my donation bag and I know it'll be good!!! I may make it into positive stashbusting numbers this year after all!!

Oh, there's no hope of ME doing that! :lol

I forgot that I finished a ball of yarn up, but I received one in the mail to finish my autumn ghan, so those cancelled each other out... At least I'm plugging away...

:lol and having fun doing it too :hug

I didn't get to post on Sat., was too busy soaking in oat meal baths to get rid of the spots. I tried to crochet in the tub, the yarn drooped down and got wet. I also dropped the hook a couple of times. I finished the snowmen - 1 skein, 1 ball (+3), also the stocking - 2 balls (+2). I made 2 more stockings this week - 1 skein, 1 ball - (+3). Plus 8 so far this week! I'll try to post again before Sat. I'm going to visit my parents new place on Sat. Should get some crocheting done on the way.

Ellie 13

Ellie, did they ever figure out what those spots were?

When I get spots, it's usually hives from a reaction to medications. Benadryl takes care of it if I get it early enough and keep at it. Only problem is then it makes me fall asleep. At least I don't itch when I wake up! :lol

Krystal

My doctor said it was a virus, Benadryl and soaking really helped. I found out one of my nieces had spots a few weeks ago and her sister got spots a few days after me (I was there for Thanks Giving). I'm O.K. now, a few pink spots and no more itch. I got a day off and some crocheting done, so it wasn't all bad - LOL.

Ellie 13

I bought 1 skein today for my sister's shrug I need to make. so back down another 2 :)

I don't think I'll ever get back to the postive numbers either unless we are starting over at the first of the new year :blush

:angry My etsy sale was a complete bust.

The buyer decided that she didn't want to pay the actual shipping fees and thought I should take it from the cost of yarn. Ummm...:think NO! :no

So I add the 29 skeins back to my stash, but I already have plans for alot of it. :lol *goes to subtract 58 points from score:eek*

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better, Elle.

Krystal, I don't know how possible it would be if I weren't donating the yarn to teach a crochet class at the homeless shelter I work at. I plan on being very generous with the yarn for the women. :devil It takes more then one skein to make a scarf/hat set! What if they want to make one for a friend! Also, they shouldn't use the nicer yarn to learn on, so they'll have to have a ball/skein to learn with! Really, it all makes sense.

More people want penguins now. I hope I have enough black for 4 more. I'll have to buy it if I run out. I finished another stocking - 2 balls (+2) and started a penguin - 1 small ball (+1). Plus 3 more for me this week!

Ellie 13

:angry My etsy sale was a complete bust.

The buyer decided that she didn't want to pay the actual shipping fees and thought I should take it from the cost of yarn. Ummm...:think NO! :no

So I add the 29 skeins back to my stash, but I already have plans for alot of it. :lol *goes to subtract 58 points from score:eek*

:eek:eek The nerve!! Has she ever bought anything through the mail before. :think

:yay You are on a roll Megan. I wish I was doing that well. :hook

Jenny, it's an ongoing thing - jump in whenever you want. We keep an individual tally of our Year to Date (YTD) scores, but the "Competition" is tallied weekly (WTD). Ever Saturday we post our scores and see who "Wins" for the week...

Don't forget the Shoot the Moon Award! Sometimes there is more of a battle for that, than first place

:rofl

:clap I want a penguin Ellie :wlol

:devil

:crocheting been finishing a project that I started last month. Used up a ball of cotton and trying very hard not to buy anything until at least Sunday as I have one present to finish beofre Christmas that DH told me I had to do:blush. I have +1 for yesterday.

I don't know. If Nght's around, Shoot the Moon is generally her's.

So, I just taught my first crochet class and it was awesome! I loved it so much. Also, I donated about 75 skeins and about 25 balls of yarn to the shelter I was teaching at. So, my stash is SO SMALL!!! I loves it! It also made me realize how many abandoned projects I have stashed away. So, that's +175 for me!!

Archived