STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shelly, you are more then welcome to join us! The more the merrier around here.

I still do not have any points to post. I've been busy job hunting. Why in the world have I decided that just because I'm single with no real attachment to the area I live in that I should move to somewhere else? It's very stressful, but also kinda fun. And, no I have no clue where I'm going to, just that I'm going somewhere.

hey can I join in here? I've been lurking and watching your scores... some of you seem to be going backwards though

Going backwards happens sometimes, especially when you join swaps and receive things from others or like some...if you shop Ebay often.

I used up three balls last night making squares to send out today. I am now @ -17 at least I am going in the right direction.

I think you can only have 10 rows *including blank ones* in a size 3 font. I know Amy and Donna changed something in the programming. Perhaps pm Amy or Donna.

Thanks alot, I fixed it. I had to delete some of the CAL's I had down, and my Sherlock Holmes saying.

I forgot to add my scores. I donated 14 partials/balls to the senior center (+14), finished 2 penguins and a Christmas stocking - 3 balls (+3). Tomorrow I'm mailing out 7 skeins to villagers in need (+14). Plus 31!!! WAHOOO!

Ellie 13

I was out of town for most of last week, so I didn't get to post a final score.....Oh well. I'll start over for this week. Right before I left a friend from work gave me 5 skeins of yarn to make her some Christmas wreath coasters, -10 there. And while I was gone I used up one skein of white yarn and made a skein into a ball, so I'm at -7 for the week so far.......I better get crocheting.......

I bought 9 skeins today to make the garland for our holiday tree and a new scarf/hat set to match my new coat. I used 2 skeins for the garland and had enough. Argh. So, in all that's -14. I'll hopefully kill off the rest of the skeins this weekend. But, that's still in my score for now!!

Also, if anyone is in a generous and giving mood, I'm starting something brilliant (in my mind). My crochet class was a hit in my program and other programs within the shelter have asked me to teach classes. If anyone wants to donate stash to us, we would appreciate it. Unfortunately, our program budgets just don't have enough in them for yarn costs. Wal-Mart generously donated a bunch of hooks, but we could always use more as well - especially larger sized hooks for our older residents who have arthritis. For some reason, they didn't donate any yarn. I know it's a lot to ask, but my ladies will very much appreciate it. I was entirely shocked by the progress some of them made in the 2 hours I was with them and the progress they've made since. It's really awesome. Again, thanks for thinking about it.

okay, so i didn't use up anything yesterday (although i got close!) but i also didn't buy more so i'm holding steady (for now)

i did manage to make 3 pair of "christmas pajamas" for the babies in my life, though. so i used up 2 spools of thread on my serger. does that count?;)

just kidding, but it's back to crocheting today!

I bought 3 balls of green yarn for a scarf for my mum, I have used up 1 ball of white, 1 partial ball of green and 1 partial ball of red making a snowman.

1 partial ball of green cotton making a hook case and 1 ball of purple making a bag.

So far this week my total is...+1

I think I"m hopeless. I just bought two bags of yarn at the thrift store... in my defense:

3 skeins RHSS plus 2 Jamie Baby : $3

7 skeins wool sock yarn: $2

6 skeins multi colors (variegates, too) 10 cotton: $2

Sorry, I couldn't pass it up!

I think I'm just gonna consider myself a lost cause and let you guys tackle what I believe is the completely impossible... Captain Kirk, OUT!

I bought 3 balls of green yarn for a scarf for my mum, I have used up 1 ball of white, 1 partial ball of green and 1 partial ball of red making a snowman.

1 partial ball of green cotton making a hook case and 1 ball of purple making a bag.

So far this week my total is...+1

I forgot to add that I gifted 3 balls of yarn this week, making my total so far to +7

Sent out 10 skeins of Handicrafter yesterday +20

And as usual, am working on like 4 different *gotta have 'em done yesterday* projects, so it's going slow. Hopefully they'll start coming to a close soon! :lol

so um, i haven't bought any yet today (it's 6:00am here)

but i am going to this discount store that has a ton of yarn and it's all $1 or less a skein. they have most moda dea yarns and i don't know what else in addition to regular ww acrylic. so look for a dive in my score by the end of the day. but it's so much fun - every year part of my christmas present is going there for yarn (because i try not to let myself go very often)

Try as I do, I just can't seem to use up the blues I've been trying to 'get rid of'. Let's see: two snowman gift pouches, a set of 3 snowman ornaments, a hooded scarf, and I still have just a bit of light blue, and a little more dark blue. I am determined to use them up! I think another snowman gift pouch should 'eat up' the last of my light blue, and the bus driver (my husband's cousin's wife) usually gets a little something from us for Christmas.

I did receive 3 skeins of olive Fun Fur (gonna try for a tree or two), so -6...but then I sent out 6 skeins in a gift box. Not a lot, but at least I'm in the positive at 6!

Sally

Archived