STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happier if we end New Year's Eve/start on New Year's Day. LOL, that means I have more days to get through some yarn!

So far I have only used up two skeins - one on a project I decided to scrap (+4). Pattern was horrid, written poorly and the finishing detail was making me impatient.

I'm considering heading out to the shops and stocking up on some neutral colors and make granny squares 'til I can't hold the hook no mo', just to use up the stash that's hiding everywhere.

We start with 0 in the new year. And no you don't count your stash. You just get points for using up your stash, and points taken away for adding to it in any way.

Where is Krystal? Anyone know? I haven't seen here in this thread for a while.

Guess she has been busy. I sent her a message asking her opinion on it's future.

OK, OK - thanks for the email angelfire!

I decided a few weeks ago that I was HOPELESS and haven't been counting my points. I was HUNDREDS in the hole! :lol

So, a new thread for the new year sounds like a good idea for me - your YTD slate gets wiped clean, and then it sounds like I'd join back in... that -500 was starting to BOTHER me!

I'll let angelfire start off the new year thread since she's been keeping track, that way she can update the first post if she wants to.

:D Thanks for keeping this ball rolling!

I like Ellie's idea too about keeping your 2007 score on the side to compare for yourself how your doing this year. :think did I make sense :)

I alos like the idea of doing the posting on New Years eve to celebrate our last of the year totals. It gives me time to TRY to get to that even -600 or better by then :lol

I just finished off a skein +2 and rolled a skein into a ball +1

I am crocheting my fingers off in a desperate attempt to get my YTD score to 0 before we reset :lol.....I used up 4 more balls this afternoon on my 2SUB, so +4 there.....I think I only have like 15 more points needed to get to 0........:clap

So, we're going until Monday instead of today?

Well, I've taken care of 4 more skeins and I won't get anything else done before the normal time. So, my weekly total thus far is

+20.

So, a new thread for the new year sounds like a good idea for me - your YTD slate gets wiped clean, and then it sounds like I'd join back in... that -500 was starting to BOTHER me!

I'll let angelfire start off the new year thread since she's been keeping track, that way she can update the first post if she wants to.

:D Thanks for keeping this ball rolling!

Due to the severity of my migraines I am wondering if anyone else would like to be in charge of starting the new thread and updating the winners each week. I appreciate Krystal's confidence in me caontinuing this but I want to be fair to all involved.

Due to the severity of my migraines I am wondering if anyone else would like to be in charge of starting the new thread and updating the winners each week. I appreciate Krystal's confidence in me continuing this but I want to be fair to all involved.

I'll help out with this.

If you need help, Megan, I have no problems helping a bit. I have some stuff to get done tonight. So, I'll post updates at work tonight.

Thanks Renee. I'll probably need help answering questions from the new ones starting. I'll do my best to answer them, but might need some help.

I just managed to crank out a hat and scarf out of two skeins (+4), and cranking away at a baby blanket and managed to make a ball out of the remaining yarn (+1), so current score is -17.

(I'm hoping to get through another 2 skeins tomorrow!)

I went shopping today and finally gave in and bought 13 skeins of yarn for new projects I'm starting next week so -26. I'm on my way to check out the new thread and sign up for next year. I can't wait to start at zero again too :lol maybe this time I'll do better :hook

Used up *nearly* a full ball of thread on a doily, found I had screwed up yet again (3rd time) got so frustrated, I frogged the whole thing! (3 or 4 rounds from completion)... no points for me! :lol

Went back to RR #1 (still NOT done, was/is an Xmas gift) :haha Used 3 full and a partial on that +7 Running out of the color I'm using (just HOW does this happen?!??) NEED to buy more :oops

Post Office is closing early today, so hopefully I can get to the store today after work and not wait until tomorrow. Sure would hate to start the new year in the negative! :devil

Archived