STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope Nght went shopping! I need someone to save me from Shoot the Moon! :rofl

:lol

Nope sorry, I started my Xmas shopping after work yesterday... ::coff::

not quite done either, heading back out sometime today. Other than that, I'm just working & working & WORKING! (real work, not crocheting, unfortunately!) I seem to be a lit'l *off* this year.

I've been making purses for my coworkers all week and some little wreath coasters for another friend, but I'm not using up yarn real fast......but, I finished all I could before Christmas on the coasters and gave her back the excess yarn so +5 there!! That was the easiest +5 ever.....

Do y'all realize that in about 8 days we get to reset our year-to-date scores!?!?!? Are we going to keep this going into the new year?

*looks around desperately with her head just peeking over the stash of yarn* Help?!

You know, I've been watching my stash grow higher and higher lately, especially with the holidays happening. I think I need some encouragement to get rid of it somehow before adding to it. C'mon who's with me? Who's my cheering squad?

It's Christmas eve and I got all the penguins and snowmen done - 1 skein, 2 balls (+4). I got out a plarn ball I made a while back. I'm making a tote bag. I made one before and gave it to my mom, this one I hope to keep (LOL). Does a large plarn ball count as a skein or a ball?

llie 13

I've finished six skeins tonight. I'm making good progress on my roommate's sweater. I've had to refab a lot with it, but I think it'll be really interesting and unique.

well I think christmas has put me in the hole... I received 17 skeins of yarn as gifts... I don't care it is all beautiful yarn that I wouldn't buy for myself anyway.. I did use a skein of yarn yesterday I'm making a baby blanket for the doll my grandgirl got yesterday...

I'm game for starting from scratch in 2008. My score this year wasn't too bad (or good :lol ). I did manage to use up quite a few skeins and balls over the past few days and am at +13 for the week (so far!) and +33 for the year.

i am going to ask in this thread too....

does anyone have mainstays pounders in green multi that they are willing to sell? i will gladly pay the shipping!

I want to continue on in the new year as we have been doing...see no reason to change...want to get to 0! hahaha!

I started stashbusting when Krystal started this last January, so I was only planning on participating until my 'anniversary' date of Jan, 22. But I think it's a good idea to start over in 2008, why not? That's only 3 weeks early for when I was going to end anyway, and it's a nice, easy-to-remember date for those of you who will still be on the quest to tame the stash! Patty

I dont see why we wouldn't start over from Zero at the new year? Seeing as we have WTD *week to date* and YTD *year to date* scores. Wouldn't that mean that it would start over yearly? And since we all didn't join at the same time, everyones "year" would be different. So starting over Jan. 1st would keep it from being too confusing.

I used up 2 large (almost bowling ball size) plarn balls. I have 2 smaller to go. since they took me 4 (+/-) hrs to make, can I count the large ones as skeins?

Starting over is O.K. with me. You can always keep your YTD as final score '07. Then you can try to beat it in '08.

Ellie 13

I would like to join if we start new in Jan. Do we take inventory of what stash we now have (oh boy!!!!) or start with 0?

This past year ('07) we started with 0, I assume that's how we would do it again, but I could be wrong. I'm all for posting on New Years Eve instead of Saturday.....

Archived