STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I don't know. If Nght's around, Shoot the Moon is generally her's.

So, I just taught my first crochet class and it was awesome! I loved it so much. Also, I donated about 75 skeins and about 25 balls of yarn to the shelter I was teaching at. So, my stash is SO SMALL!!! I loves it! It also made me realize how many abandoned projects I have stashed away. So, that's +175 for me!!

Well I guess we know who's getting first place this week! :lol:lol

I used 4 full skeins and 1/2 of 2 different skeins for +10

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I guess we know who's getting first place this week! :lol:lol

I used 4 full skeins and 1/2 of 2 different skeins for +10

:lol:lol:lol Yeah, I can't wait to look at my stash area at home and see it really really empty.

I bought a skein today to fix my MIL's bedspread, but I used up a skein today finishing off my SIL's shrug so it evens out. :wlol

Yeah I can see who's getting first this week :lol

Ok, so I caved AGAIN and bought 24 skeins on ebay :shrug Whadda'ya gonna do, yan'no?! -48

BUT, I did unload a bunch of things on ebay too... so far this week, I've sent out 292 skeins of yarn & balls of thread plus 17 partial balls of thread. I've got another pkg. to mail tomorrow, but will wait until then. +601

I'm about finished with the 2nd new(er) RR I started, but I'm not adding those yet either. Got almost 200 new scents in today for candles too... do I crochet or melt wax?? :think

Ok, so I caved AGAIN and bought 24 skeins on ebay :shrug Whadda'ya gonna do, yan'no?! -48

BUT, I did unload a bunch of things on ebay too... so far this week, I've sent out 292 skeins of yarn & balls of thread plus 17 partial balls of thread. I've got another pkg. to mail tomorrow, but will wait until then. +601

I'm about finished with the 2nd new(er) RR I started, but I'm not adding those yet either. Got almost 200 new scents in today for candles too... do I crochet or melt wax?? :think

Renee it looks like Nght just stole your first place! :rofl

Yes it does! it's a good week for stashbusting, I guess. I know it's good for Nght to unload some of those hundreds of pounds of yarn she has.

I received my mother's yarn finally (read that as I got off my lazy butt and went to the office to pick it up). So, that's -24 out of my total.

Sheesh, Renee and Megan, I was so proud of myself for achieving a +6 for the week ending 12/8. You two make my score look paltry. I'm happy, though, I think that's the third week in a row I've been in the black. I'm off to a Hannukah tamale making party and then a Christmas tree lighting party today, so I won't be crocheting anymore till tomorrow. Have a good weekend, everyone! Patty

My roomie and I are cleaning today, so unless I find ruined yarn, I don't think there will be anymore taken care of today. So, my weekly total is +153!!!!!!

i just saw this and really want to "play along" - but maybe i should wait until tomorrow as i just got back from buying 9 skeins. :blush but 6 of them are to make something to wear over a great new dress i got for my christmas party, and although i will probably only use 4 of the 6 i wanted to play it safe. so (provided i actually get it done) that will be at least +8 in the next couple weeks. and i have about a million projects to finish for christmas presents. also, i just taught my mother to crochet and we have been digging through my stash bins (of which there are 5, not to mention various other piles and boxes):eek to make stash-busting scarves in every color we can think of. so i guess i better read up on the rules, but do i get to subtract points if she uses up my yarn? i hope so! i have a 2 year old and 3 week old and so find less and less time for crocheting every day!

okay, sorry for the rambling, i'll join today and just have to work that much harder. here i am in all my glory at -18. yay for me!:clap

Thank you! but i just got scared when i saw your ytd score (sorry) do i have to count my current stash?:eek

because

a) when i think about the yarn i've bought this month alone i'm probably pushing 100 so i'm sure my numbers will be low enough without it and

b) i think actually going through it all and counting would be darn near impossible

No, Norah - you don't count your stash. That's what people have BOUGHT since they STARTED playing the game. Now, please don't pay any attention to the score in my signature. Yes, I am the one that started the game, and YES, I am the one with the hugely negative YTD score. It's an addiction, I tell ya.

Two questions before I jump in -

1)how do I count frogged yarn? Does it count at all? I'm working on a sweater pattern and no matter how I adapt the pattern it's just not working so I'm going to have to frog four skeins.

And 2) do I count skeins/balls used when they no longer exist in that shape (they are crocheted) or when a project is finished?

A big 1 for me, although I tried to use up all my light blue. 3 out of 4 of my designs this month all used it...a scarf set, snowmen ornaments and snowmen bags.

I have to post now, we're going to watch my daughter in a dance recital, and goodness knows when it'll be over. Not soon enough...I've been up and going since 4:45 this morning!

Sally

Angelfire, actually we have posted the answer before, but the answer was a little different. To avoid confusion, I'll put it down the same way as before, so that everyone is scoring the same way:

When you buy/receive/get gifted a FULL SKEIN, it counts as 2 points against you (-).

When you use up a full skein until its end, you score +2 points.

If you only use part of that skein without rolling it into a ball, it counts as nothing.

If you use enough of that skein that you have to roll it into a ball, it counts as +1.

If you frog something, count each ball as -1 point.

If you use up a ball (ANY SIZE) it counts as +1 point.

If you use a ball but don't finish it, it counts as nothing.

So, the only way you receive points is to COMPLETELY use up a ball or skein, or to wind a skein into a ball. (Gifting or throwing out also counts the same way)

17 skeins sent for an ebay sale and that RR wound up using 4 skeins (1 was a lb'r) for +42

I have SO much more to do but am in the middle of making candles, so no more yarn for this week! Total is +595 :hook

here are the winners; Week ending 12/8

Gold Award...............................Nght ..595

Silver Award............................rlanto..153

Bronze Award.........................angelfire.33

congrats to all the winners

econ-nerd..........27

laughlovehook....24

scc51055............18

Elle_13...............11

DesertCrocheter...6

tamugrad02.........4

hseger.................4