STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Back from shopping and managed to only buy 7 skeins of yarn :think That was amazing self control! I bought one skein of Joanne's Angel hair yarn (OMG that stuff is SOOO soft) that I plan to make into a One Skein Scarf (from SnB) for myself. And I bought 3 skeins (50g each) of Moda Dea Prima and 3 skeins (50g each) of Moda Dea Jai Alai yarn (both on sale at AC Moore for 2 for $1). I'll probably make One Skein Scarves out of those too (and probably for me :lol ) So that gives me -14 for today (so far but I plan to use up some of the new yarn this afternoon) and a total of +12 for the week so far. Here is a picture of the yarn:

th_DSC06933.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got WAY too many WIPs right now, but they're all about done, so I should have some more points soon, but I don't know if I'll get to post again before tomorrow, so I'll post what I have so far.......I used up 2 skeins of some funky yarn I found at Big Lots making a scarf for myself and then I used up 4 balls on my scrapghan, so +8. That brings me up to a +4 for me for the week.

Oh boy I went back to AC Moore and bought some more yarn :lol 32 skeins :eek They still had lots of the Moda Dea fluffy stuff on sale for 2 for $1 and I scooped up a bunch (plus one more skein of white to use together with the fluffy stuff). That gives me another -64 (ouch!) But I have used up some of the stuff I bought yesterday already. I have made three scarves and used up two full skeins and three part skeins (for +7). My total for the week is now at -45. If I get more done this evening I will update the score.

Here is a picture of the damage done today:

th_DSC06946.jpg

Hubby thinks I am spelling out a message here and he thinks it says "HELP I have too much yarn" Little does he know :devil

Nothing this week, unless you count +2 for the skein I LOST. I saw it just the other day, went to get it today and it's just not there. I found another skein to take its place, so I'm sure the missing skein will show up very soon.

Sally

I didn't post my score last week before the deadline, so I'm posting it now instead. I hit up a sale at Michael's and bought 14 skeins, and then I got 2 additional skeins of Peaches n Cream in the bookmark swap, so my total for this week is -32.

for the week ending 11/24,

here are the winners;

Gold Award.....................................rlanto18

Silver Award....................................KellyA14

Bronze Award................................angelfire 8

congrats to all the winners

DesertCrocheter 6

Krystal 16.........4

tamugrad..........4

Elle_13.............4

DesertCrocheter 4

tamugrad02.......4

coolhockeymom..3

crochetsal.........0

Nght.................0

hseger -21

laughlovehook -29

renegade -32

econ-nerd -45

SHOOT THE MOON-carousel(-200)

didnt post last week that was a +6 and i used another skein late last night so another +2 for the week putting me at +8....hope to use a few more this week....want to get out of the -200's! although it was fun getting there!

Oh whee!! Congratulations to all the winners this week. I'm about to embark on a mitten making escapade, so we'll see what this week holds in store for me!!!

I've busted 1 full skein and rolled one into a ball on a doll outfit * 3 points

I used 2 full skeins on a commission blanket. I should have 8 more skeins used up tonight as they are only a few rows away from being used up. * 4 points

7 points so far for the week.

I didn't get to post my points from Fri. and Sat. so I'll add them to this week. I went shopping Fri. and only got 1 skein of white (needed it -2). I got 2 penguins done, used 2 balls and turned a skein into a ball (+3). Sun. I used 1 ball and finished 3 more penguins. 2 more penguins and 3 snowmen to go. Every time I think I'm almost done, someone asks for more - LOL. Oh well, it keeps me busy.

Ellie 13

Well, I've managed 1 skein and I may get more tomorrow, we'll see. I think that will be it for me this week, because I have actual real work that needs to be done. *sigh* I wish I didn't have to do real work. Perhaps I'll get a bit of down time to crochet, hopefully. I hope everyone's Turkey Weekend (at least in the States) was pleasant.

So far, so good this week. I made a little blanket for the back of the couch (where the new kitties have decided is the best place to sleep) and used up 4 skeins and made one skein into a ball, so +9 just on that. I still have about 4 other projects to finish up, so hopefully I'll have some more points soon.

I got itchy red spots :eek on my arms, sides and back. Doctor said it's a virus, so I didn't work today. I got the penguins done, 2 balls used :clap. I started on the snowmen, should be good for a skein and and some small balls. I found another unfinished Christmas stocking and a "what is it?" :think UFO. If I frog it as I crochet does it count as a ball? Or should I just frog it and add the points? I'll be able to go back to work tomorrow, but I should get a lot done tonight.

Ellie 13

Yesterday I received four skeins and 8 balls of yarn for -16 points, andtodayI received a package from my Holiday swap partner with 4 skeins, -8 more points for a -24. Earlier in the week I used three balls making some squares a ball trimming a baby blanket for +4 which evens me out at -20

Oh! Itchy red spots! I get something like that on my arms when I get super dooper tired. I thought forever that I was allergic to something, but there wasn't anything consistent in my diet, hygiene regimen or anything else that would indicate it.

I am failing at busting this week. I don't think I'll get anything more done. I've just been too tired at home and work has been crazy with the research for a project. I love it. I beg for months for something to do on my shift (3rds) and there's "nothing." Then, suddenly, 2 weeks before something is due (and we've known about it for 3 months), I get handed this research project. *sigh* So like the world.

Archived