"Stripey" Blanket crochet-along

creativepassage

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok fellow CALers, call me silly, mad, insane or all 3, i have started another stripey blanket, the blue one for my aunty, she is coming to visit us in oz in about 4 days and going back to the uk at the end of march....so i have plenty of time, BUT i thought i would get started because they are so much fun!!

ill post a update when i have done more rows (only on row 4)

chat later

Wow Clare, you are going to be busy.

I have found the easy way is to sit at my computer desk and lay out the stripey ghan on top of the desk and as I crochet i push the ghan along the table. Its a lot easier than it hanging over my lap and onto the floor where my cats like to play with it.

I will post a pic soon as I have done some more rows.

My stripey ghan is on hold until the yarn I ordered arrives.

I''ll post pictures as soon as my full color scheme emerges.

How are people doing the row starts and ends?

Still making a V?

Slip knots? Or have you modified this in any way?

Who is weaving in the ends? Thought I'd do fringe on the ends, and I'm the one who hates fringe. I'm so hapy the way mine is coming out! It will goto Project Linus. I had lots of bulky yarn I didn't know what to do with. I'm on row 13. Charlene

hey charlene, I am weaving in the ends as I go. Since this one is going to be in my house, and I hate the feel of fringe, it irritates me, this is going to be a fringeless blanket. What I am going to do though, is when I am done, I am going to sc in each space around, ch 3 in the corners, 2sc in each dc side down the blankets sides, and then go around a 2nd time doing reverse sc to make it have a corded type finish/edging. My hubby likes the corded look, so thats what I'm considering for my eedging. but then again, i'm about 5 years away from doing any of that, :rofl

Well after much chopping and changing of my mind. I finally settled on a pattern that is done in stripes that I like. ( I have a huge problem with myself when it comes to making up my mind and sticking to it :P. This is a scrap afghan and still I am so fussy!) Any how, I restarted several times and am now on row 10. I will post a picture later today. :yarn

hi all

i am leaving mine with a fringe as i have never done a blanket with a fringe. i am up to row 49 woo hoo. i worked out how long it has taken me to do that much and it is 6 hours !!! wow i didnt think i was that obsessed with it lol

i managed to get a quick snap of my progress so far :D

its on my queen size bed so u can get a idea on how big it is or should i say small :lol ...its only a baby one compared to others;)

as you can see i need to trim my fringe:hook

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

thanks for looking :heart

That looks great Clare. :yay

Who are you making it for.

the fringe looks good Im still debating whether to do a fringe or make a border around it.

thanks aussie:hug

the blanket is for me:) i love it its so funky with all the different colours. i think i will have it as a baby blanket or something, something fun for my baby...which i havnt got yet:lol ... in the future i mean:)

If it's not too late, I think I'll join. :) I plan on making this for Project Linus as well, so I think I'm going to make it a bit shorter, as most of the blankets around here go to newborns and premies (so no fringe for me either...). I plan on working on this one as I complete other projects (since I want to steal yarn from them...) They look great so far.

They look fantastic Clare and Klhcrochetgirl. Love the colours. Heres a pic of mine (Hope this works)

URL%5D

url%5D

URL%5Durl%5D

This is 3 hours work. 12 Rows. 183 chain.

My photo is being stubborn. So please just follow the link in my signature.

Hello Ladies,

All of your stripey's are sooo cute. I just started mine today. It is pastels and white. I think have about 3 rows done. I will take a picture when I am further along.

Everyone have a wonderful evening! :hook

clare and klh those look great!! i'm really enjoying looking at everyone elses progress!

Pauline- i followed the link ,and saw the pics.... did i see spike stitiches in white on yours?? it looks really cool, great job!! I am hoping to get a few more rows done on mine tomorrow, but first i need to work on the january birthday gifts listed in my siggy.

KLHCrochetgirl - I like your ghan so far. the varigated colors really give it a different look. I really like it.

Pauline - I like yours as well. How did you do those white stitches.

I have shown my 12 year old daughter how to do this and she is now on her

5th row. She says its easier than doing squares. It will be interesting to see how long she lasts. But Im glad she is at least learning to crochet.

Archived