"Stripey" Blanket crochet-along

creativepassage

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah, nice ghan.

I have posted a picture of mine on my blog. Click the link below to see it. I showed it to my mom today and she says she may have to claim. I was thinking about keeping it for myself.....oh well.

:hi

ok i have a question ???????i no this is a stripey BLANKET CAL....can i make my blanket into something else?? i have a crazy idea :lol

i am making 2 stripeys so i will still have one blanket to keep going with :)

i thought tonight i might start doing some of the ends. WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO. i need to weave them in far enuf so they don't peek out. maybe if i do a few each day before and after i crochet a couple rows. hey there is no time limit on this is there????? could be here this time next year.

off to do a few more helen

:hi

ok i have a question ???????i no this is a stripey BLANKET CAL....can i make my blanket into something else?? i have a crazy idea :lol

i am making 2 stripeys so i will still have one blanket to keep going with :)

Clare,

Of course, let your imagination fly! Now you have me wondering what your thinking of :think

Helen,

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that...it would definitely make things easier to do a few ends before I start working on it! :yes

I definately like mine better since I've woven in the ends! I test it out every night after I add another five or six rows. I'm amazed how soft bulky yarn is!! I think I chained 180 with a K hook, long is the word, nice to be able to wrap it under my feet and have it come up to my nose!! I'm at 24 inches wide and still going. Charlene

myissag im not doing the 250 chains coz it would be too big!!!! not sure how many chains i did but it measures about 1.2 meters across

MyissaG,

Some of us are doing the 250 chains, some are doing more and some are doing less. Just depends on how big a blanket you'd like to make ;)

I did the 250 chains and the first row. Then I measured. Frogged the first row and about 20 inches of chain. Still about 60 inches but more managable.

waht do ya'll think of using this pattern to make throw pillows to go with the blanket?? I'm also seeing this pattern done in thread for bookmarks, and done with a shorter chain to do scarves.... and if done right a nice big triangle that would be a shawl, for those who like funky.

ada, i was thinking that i would make a scarf when i was making my blanket...when i got about 10 rows in i was like this wil make a kool scarf!!!!

darn it one more thing to add to the list !! :lol

I am having fun. Mine is so semi random most the colors are coming at me at random but I was doing a grey row a while back and thought that lavender I had would go good with it. I am slowly working on it. My friend is going to take pics for me. I am kind of scared now thinking that it will float through cyber space for all to see.

Clare -- I'm on pins and needles.

After the first few rows of my blanket my daughter had put it around her neck and asked, are you making me a scarf? For some reason she thinks everything I make is for her. I got to thinking that it would be a really awesome scarf too but I am determined to make this a blanket. It may take me forever and I think it is just for ME. Some reason though, I think it will find its way into her room. It seems everything does.

Is it too late to join this CAL? I started my stripe blanket today. It's going to be pretty big. My finace wanted me to make him a blanket for the couch, so this will be perfect, especially since we have no idea what color we're going to do the living room!! I'll take pictures when I get a little further along.

Welcome Tamugrad, no its never too late to join in.

Danielle, my girls are like that too. Everytime I start something they say is that for me and I want it. They think that I just crochet for them.

Clare, I cant wait to see what you have made. Come on dont keep us in suspense.

Archived