"Stripey" Blanket crochet-along

creativepassage

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading posts and looking at all your great photos. Sooooo, I started a stripey yesterday. Only have 6 rows done, but it takes about 30 minutes to do a row. I did the chain with an I hook, and am working with an H hook (mainly because I like to use a plastic hook better than aluminum). I love how the stitch looks working between the stitches! So far every row is a different color.I think I see a future for some forgotten stash yarn!

Alice

All the Blankets/Rugs look great. I need to find someone to take a pic of mine& e-mail it to me so I can post. I am going to start working over the ends as I go because I spent far to long trying to weave the ends in after the rows were finished. For the one wondering about age. I am 33.

Well, I finally started my Stripey! I'm onlly doing 125 chain, since this is a kid's blankie. I'm about 4 inches in and it looks great! It is going to be mostly blues and greens, as that's what I have lying around :P

Afternoon everyone. I have been slack the last few days cause I joined the Valentine CAL and those projects I could finish real quick. Just got one more to do and I will be back on my stripey afghan.

It sounds like everyone is doing great and the ones I have seen look awesome. I only have about 6 rows done and so far I am liking it. When I get a couple more rows done I will take a picture. I'm using up my stash but bought some white yarn to do inbetween each of the colored ones.

hi everyone, its good to hear everyone is making progress. I showed my mum yesterday and she said your crazy thats going to take forever. but you know I am really enjoying it and it doesnt take that long to do a row and because we are changing colors I think it helps.

Hey All!

Well, I've completed 36 rows. I ended up frogging the first 11 rows and redid them....I really like how it's taking shape! Here's my progress so far:

stripeyprogress1-1.jpg

Wendy, I think you're right on the color changing thing...it's harder to get bored when you are thinking about which color to use next :)

Sarah your blanket is excellent! And as far as my age goes. I'm 44 in reality but if you go by the colours I choose, I'm only about 12. (Guess I'm a big kid at heart LOL)

Archived