"Stripey" Blanket crochet-along

creativepassage

Stripey1.jpg?t=1168865312

Claire, I must say that I love your projects! Here's a pic of mine. It's baby sized since I'm giving it to Project Linus. As you can see, it is very blue and green. I love those colors myself, so that's what most of my stash is :blush

I hope to get more done on it this week as I'm home and not on the road.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished mine, it turned out bigger than I wanted but I figure there is a six foot kid out there from Project Linus who will be perfect for it, I think it was 75 x 42. I felt good to be able to tuck it under my feet! I used bulky weight yarn, was amazed how soft it was! I'm a sucker to take whatever yarn is left at meetings no one else will take. Now I want to start another one but smaller, a great way to use up scraps!! Charlene

Fantastic work Clare!!! I really really like that bag! I'm still plugin' along. I'm up to row 46. If folks are still looking for more inspiration check out Bella Dia's website...she's started a flickr group for stripeys. There's also this link to Yarn Storm's wavy stripey.

Stripe On!!

Wow, I like that afghan by Wavestorm. I was planning on making afghans for my step-daughters for Christmas 2007......figure for something like that I should plan ahead. I was going to do a daisy afghan (using Krystal's pattern) for one and then some type of wave pattern for the other. Maybe I will use that pattern for the wavy one......

My stripey is coming along decently.....LOL, Aussie, not many rows left!!:lol I think I'm on row 18 of 250. I'm trying to do some other projects too, that way I don't use my whole yarn stash on the stripey. So I use the yarn on something else until I only have enough left to do one row on the stripey.

Clare that bag is FANTASTIC! I'm so jealous. How on earth did you make it?

welllll

i made a rectangle easiest way to get size is figure out how wide you want the the bag and times that by 2, thats how wide ya rectangle will be

and then start making the rectanle and then make it as high as you want the bag to be high....

when you have ya rectangle, fold in half, with a opening at the top (this will be the top of ya bag) now crochet any openings together(prob the side and bottom) now you will the bag part done

make a chain as long as you need the handles ~ this is a bit hard to explain ~ but you need the handle long enough to go from bottom of bag, up to the top and then long enough for a handle and then down the same side of bag to bottom of bag:think did that make sence ?? if it didnt look at a bag that you have

make two handles

attach with slip stich or single crochet to the side of bag

on one side i added a pocket ~ its just a smaller rectangle, i sewed it on before i added the other handle

and i think that is it:hook

I caved. I kept stopping in too see all the stripey creations and finally caved in. I started working on one. Here is a pic of what I have so far.

100_0594.jpg

I am doing a row of black in between every color. I have really enjoyed looking at everyones beautiful creations. I just love the bag that Clare did. I think I might try and make one for me.

Hi all...

I just registered for this site this morning and want to join in on this cal. I'm not sure if i will do that pattern or just double crochet, haven't decided yet. I will get started on it quickly and post some pic's when i have a few rows done. Can't wait to get started!

everything is so pretty!!!

Clare I am totally going to have to work on a bag. I am tempted to frog my blanket and use the yarn for that. hmmmmmmm

how big is your blanket??? mine was only about 1.2m wide ...so it was just right to fold in half and i think i had done about 45 rows???

how big is your blanket??? mine was only about 1.2m wide ...so it was just right to fold in half and i think i had done about 45 rows???

I was a little further along than you and I seem to have stopped working on it for the moment ;) so recycling the yarn won't be such a bad thing for me if it means I can complete something.

I was a little further along than you and I seem to have stopped working on it for the moment ;) so recycling the yarn won't be such a bad thing for me if it means I can complete something.

yup and the yarn that you pull off the blanket, use it for the handles and the pocket :clap waist not wont not :hook

ok, i haven't checked in here since the 9th or something, and oh wow how much I have missed!!! Mine is 10 rows now, last row being white, what I am doing is making every 10 rows white, and doing spike stitches for the 5th then every 10th stitch, that way the last stitch isn't a spike stitch. And then I am not repeating any colors in the same section between white lines, tho some colors will be repeated during the course of the blanket. Anyway, I NEED to finish the yo-yo ghan I am doing by March, so I'm going to end up buying yarn for this one, since I started with a chain of 300 this is a serious stash buster, and my stash isn't as big as I thought, lol.

Anyway, Clare, I LOVE that bag, and I'm now planning on making 2 of them this year for gifts.

Everyone's stripeys look so great! I just read like 8 pages of this thread, so I'm not sure of all the names, the hues of blue looks great, there was a baby one for project linus that was greens... beautiful. And just a page or two back one that looked more black with brights through it. I love the range of this blanket, everyone is doing so great!!

Anyway, Clare, I LOVE that bag, and I'm now planning on making 2 of them this year for gifts.

oh you made me have a proud moment:blush i didnt think it was that good ;)

i have used it a couple of times and its soooo rooomy:hook

Oh. I think I have to join in this CAL. I'm making a stripey (well of lime green and hot pink) afgahn using hdc and v-stiches, with the hdc being ribbed and this might just help me to make it all go a bit faster! And maybe I'll actually get to complete the CAL this time. Darn life getting in the way!

Archived