"Stripey" Blanket crochet-along

creativepassage

Hi all :hi....I haven't posted in awhile.....I finally finished my stripey, however, it has taken on a new look.....I frogged my original one, and then I frogged my second one and then I decided to do a round stripey......it's done now and here's what it looks like.....Ignore the cute puppy in the picture, he was checking out the craftsmanship and giving it his seal of approval....

DSC00553.jpg

Ok this is amazing!!! Now on to the question at hand did you knot or weave? All those ends would make me crazy:eek

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all :hi....I haven't posted in awhile.....I finally finished my stripey, however, it has taken on a new look.....I frogged my original one, and then I frogged my second one and then I decided to do a round stripey......it's done now and here's what it looks like.....Ignore the cute puppy in the picture, he was checking out the craftsmanship and giving it his seal of approval....

DSC00553.jpg

Wow!!! I love it!! What a great idea :clap

• 1 month later...

Is anyone still working on one of these? Mine got put on hold but I'm getting geared up to work on it more. Just curious who might still be working on one.

Ha! I must be crazy... i knew my Stripey Afghan was exceptionally wide/long (depending on how you turn it...) Over 7 feet!! No wonder it's taking me forever! Every row is 7 feet of stitches!

But I've put 15 rows on it in the last day or so...

Traci

swich your work

if the 7feets are the width turn it to the length and keep working untill it reaches the width that you need

That's pretty much what I'm doing. The stripes will eventually be vertical. Big enough for a bedspread I'd say! LOL :hook

Four more rows on the srtipey today... I'm determined to have it done by August. That seems like such a long time, but this thing is taking forever!

WOW! I just got gifted with 40 balls of yarn from my grandmother! My stripey is about to get really colorful!!

I have a picture now too!

Grrr... it won't upload. I'll post it later...

Got it!! YAY! :clap

th_Jun24_79.jpg

WOW! I just got gifted with 40 balls of yarn from my grandmother! My stripey is about to get really colorful!!

I have a picture now too!

Grrr... it won't upload. I'll post it later...

Got it!! YAY! :clap

th_Jun24_79.jpg

Hooray for grandmothers! :clap Your stripey is looking fantastic! I really like the contrast between the solid colors and the varigated yarns. Great work ;)

I think I'll have to make this one too. It looks like it might be good for the beach.

Please do join in! This project is really fun. It can be done in any size and shape. If you've checked the thread some very creative folks used the idea to make a great pillow and a fabulous bag. I'm desperately trying to finish my son's stripey so I can start on one for myself :yes

It's official! I am finished! Actually, I wanted to do a few more rows and beef up the fringe, but my son pronounced it finished :lol It's final measurements are aproximately 4 feet wide by 7 feet long. I used a combination of Lion brand woolease, Jiffy, and Caron SS. Now, to plan the next one :hook

stripeydone.jpg

• 2 months later...

I didn't know you all had been talking about this as recently as this summer ! As soon as September rolls around I am getting back to work on my stripey. Last count I had about 50 rows done but still a long way to go. I'll be happy for the company. Does anyone have the link to the Flickr group?

My stripey is my avatar.

I was sooo wanting to finish this by now, but alas, no. I have been going back to school and started several other projects, so maybe end of september. Doesn't help that I don't want the fringe and will be waving in all those ends!!

I have been away for about 6 months but saw this pop up to the top page. I still am not quite finished with mine so it will be my goal to finish it in October. I need to finish a couple of other things up before I do my stripey. My dog is already using it though it is not completely done so at least it is getting some use.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm late in coming to this, but hope it's not too late. This fits the way I crochet, random and chaotic!

:lol Just like me too! You are welcome to join. There are several folks who are still working on this and I've been contemplating starting another one. Have fun :hook

• 2 months later...

Just curious if anyone can give me an estimate on how much yarn would be needed to make one of these? I have a sister that has a specific color scheme that would love one of these. Unfortunately, I don't have the colors needed in my stash and so I was hoping to go buy them this week and get cracking. I was thinking of using Lion Jiffy in 4 or 5 colors and it says it has approx. 135 yds. per skein. Any ideas on how many skeins I'd need to make an afghan that's about 6' x 4' ?

Archived