"Stripey" Blanket crochet-along

creativepassage

I'd love to see pics of the other items people are coming up with to use this pattern for. I haven't worked on mine all week, as I'm on the road and hauling about a bunch of partial skeins just won't work on airplanes..... :D

I hope to get a bit more done this weekend and post a pic at that time.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clare and Wendy, I keep forgetting y'all are dealing with a different climate than I am!! :P Here in Mississippi, it's just the right kind of weather for cuddling up with a ghan and work on it!

I can't wait to see what it looks like Clare!!

Clare and Wendy, I keep forgetting y'all are dealing with a different climate than I am!! :P quote]

its has been 40 degrees the couple of day and we have no air conditioning !!! eeewwww:eek

ok you have all waited long enough :lol

say this in a french accent, here is my piece da resistance :clap

it has a pocket on the front , but not the back

it is a HUGE bag, but hey i made it for my crochet stuff so i need it BIG!!!:D and did you see the badge that i got ;) hmm carnt really see it in pic, its the crochetville "im a hooker" badge

hope you like ...oh yeah and i was inspired by the loverly person that makes the crochetville bags, thanks you to Tampa doll :hug

IMG_0865.jpg

i added this pic to show you the size comparison:eek

IMG_0871.jpg

Clare - very nice bag, I love it!!

Well, I got to row 9 of my stripey and decided I didn't like the way it was turning out (Didn't like the stitch and the foundation row was too tight). So I frogged the whole thing and started over. Now I'm doing just a regular double-crochet stitch (instead of working in the spaces) and I took a tip from that one website (can't remember the name) and used a larger hook on my foundation row than the one I'm using for the rest of it. I love it now. I will take pictures soon and post them. BTW, I'm on rown 15 of 250......ack!!:eek

Tamugrad02, I feel your pain :-) I frogged 8 rows of my stripey yesterday. I thought all my yarn was acrylic, but decided to do the burn test on the rows that were finished. Aaack! Eight rows back, there was a row of wool! I want it to be machine washable, and can just imagine a felted row. I'll post a picture when I'm back to where I was.

Archived