"Stripey" Blanket crochet-along

creativepassage

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone. I found the stipe pattern in a Scrap Afghan book I have.

every 3 rows I do a long single crochet 3 rows below, they alternate to look like bricks. ( That's what I think they look like anyway :D ). that pattern is a bit more involved than that but I don't want to violate copyright by describing too much. I think the book is called Ultimate book of Scrap Afghans and it's on page 52. It just seemed to fall into the strip pattern catagory but be a bit different.

I've also seen a tutorial for that stitch at Crochet me -- they referred to it as "spike stitch" (http://www.crochetme.com/Aug_Sept_2005/feat_spike_stitch.html). I've used it before when making a scarf for a guy friend, and it looked really nice.

It's so neat to see how everyone's afghans are coming along! I keep meaning to start mine, too, but it seems like I keep finding other things I have to finish first....

Can I still join? I bought some white yarn today to go in between my scraps. I wanted to make sure I got some other WIPs out of the way first before I committed and now I am ready to get going. Hope it is okay to still join.

And also, everyone's stripeys are looking great.:manyheart

hi, just checking in with an update on my rug. i have started row 25, but slow going here. remember it's our summer and it's a HOT one. LOL

hoping to get my DD to take a pic tomorrow and then work out how to load it. fingers crossed. helen

I can wait to see picture of your Tami. It sound too cute!

I have about 14 rows done on mine. To me it looks like cotton candy!I will try and post a pic on my blog this weekend.

:clap I am working on a stripey with single and double crochet using varigated baby yarn and stripes of yellow, pink, green and white. It is turning out fairly well. I expect it to be crib size.

Also have one going in guy colors, but can only work on that when it is daylight. At night when I'm working a dark color I can't see the work very well. :think

I've looked at several of the pictures and think your stripeys are really looking good. I've got to learn how to post my pics. (you know the old saying can't teach an old dog new tricks--well I am determined to prove it wrong!)

Happy crocheting this weekend!

Marcie

Archived