"Stripey" Blanket crochet-along

creativepassage

Hi All!

I'm sure many of you have already seen the wonderful striped blanket over at Bella Dia's website. And this may have already been a crochet along, but I HAVE to make myself one :yes and was wondering if anyone would like to join me? It's a very simple pattern, just what I need after the mad rush to finish gifts. I was thinking of starting Jan 1 or there abouts. Sound good?

Oh, and there is a random stripe generator that can help you with color choices if you'd like a more planned look.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, if you don't mind me not doing it in simple stitches, but making it stripey I'm in with ya! I just got the Crochet Stitch Bible, and there are a few stitches in there (about 200, :lol) that I want to try, but my SIL Marshelle, loves wild colors, and I think the stripes like this is just the way to get all her colors in there.

and i love that stripe generator. thanks for the link.

Oh what's one more CAL among friends..I'll have TONS of time on my hands from now until spring so I'm in... I do so love her things anyhow.. I should ahve bookmarked it when I read her blog back in Nov.. thanks for hte reminder!

:cheerI'm in! I have been planning my projects for next year. Since I got so far behind this year I have decided to plan ahead for next year. :juggle

I will begin offically on Jan 1st.

:2snowmanMerry Christmas everyone

I need to finish a ripple baby blanket first for a pregnant friend but sure I'll join. :devil I just found out yet another one of my friends is pregnant so I guess I'll make a stripey baby blanket for her and bust my stash some more (the ripple blanket was a great stash-buster...)! :hook

I am so in on this one. I have a pastel ripple I need to frog because I miss counted the stitches. So I can use that yarn for this one. Plus I have quite a bit of scraps to use up. I can wait to get started but I will hold off until January! :yay

SO i was thinking originally of doing this for my sil, but now i'm thinking i'm going to do an "ugly stripey" of everything in my stash and try to use it up, and see how it turns out, and make it something for the house, maybe do one for my sil too, but first do one for here. I'm not sure how many different colors I have, but I love that stripe generator.

Good evening all!

Looks like the ranks of the striped are filling up fast :hook I'm still in the process of rounding up stray skeins. I've collected several skeins in navy, red, rust, rose, natural, chocolate brown, wheat, and grey. Hope to have a pic up on my blog soon, but right now I'm having trouble getting them loaded....:think

Very Cool Afghan !!

I just today went to AC Moore and purchased a ton of yarn for a ripple.

I think I'll do this stripe afghan with other yarn in my stash.

My stripe afghan will be on a smaller scale though. A lap throw for the couch.

Love the pattern!

I started mine last night. I did not realize how big 250 chains would be until this morning when I had my first two stripes done and they were about the width of my bed. My random color system is easy. Two sons and DH will pick out the colors (providing the weight is compatible.) It will end up on the bed or sofa depending how big it ends up.

ok i had a rumage:yarn and this is what i came up with, gee's it suprising what ya find when you dig deep in that stash:lol

not sure if i will use them all? what y'all think

anyone doing a certain colour or just using what they find?:think

i have seen a blanket simular to this somewhere:think and it put black between all the rows, it looked pretty kool, so i think i will do that:D i have HEAPS of black :yarn :yarn

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

Archived