"Stripey" Blanket crochet-along

creativepassage

i am just going to use every different colour i can think of, that i have. if no-one in my family wants it , then i also work for a charity and i know that some-one will LOVE it. BUT!!! i might have to do another one later using yellow/blue. i am stuck on these colours, even with my quilting. they go so nicely together. helen

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hi

here is the yarn that i got for my aunty's blanket, yes her fav color is blue:cheer i am going to put white in between rows not sure if each one or not yet

the 3 lighter blues that are on the bottom row are really different in color it just doesnt how in the pic:think

ps i had to buy 4 balls to make up some of this project, naughty naught me, i have like 300 balls of yarn and i had to buy more :)

IMG_0769.jpg

I have to figure out how to do the camera thing, I have one but need a cord. I want to post my stripey. I did a what the @#$% did I do. I was about half way through a row when I discovered I picked up the blanket and crocheted a row across the foundation chain. I had done the foundation chain and the last row I had worked in two slightly different oranges. I was almost done when I realized my error I marked the starting end of the blanket so I don't make the mistake again. I am at row 13.

. I have started again with yellow as I had heaps of different shades but I just cant get it to stop bunching up.

:scrachin i wonder y it is bunching, maybe the wool is too thick for the hook :think what are you using:think i am using 8 ply with a 4.5 mm hook, but i crochet loose

i am doing my blanket a little different to the pattern ....did my foundation chain, DC in 2nd ch from hook, DC across, ch 1, turn, DC in first DC and then DC across in each DC and keep going until you run out of :yarn or its big enough,easy:hook hope this helps:)

Clare, I started again and it is now flat as a tack. You know what I did wrong. First I did the chains too tight and second I did the v stitch on the first row instead of the second. Im now finishing the second row and it looks great. Im still doing the yellows but I know that I wont have enough to finish. So I thought maybe once I run out of yellows I could put a row of white or black then start another color in different shades but I will worry about that when I get there.

Clare thanks for cheering... hehe Im glad I have finally worked this out. Although when I started the 3rd row it started to bunch again, so have worked out that the yarn I buy at Big W and the magnum yarn from Spotlight must be different. So now Im not doing a all yellow but an all magnum left over ghan.

If I keep it to the same brand I shouldnt have a problem, technically this shouldnt have made a difference but in my case it has.

Now I have a bag of wool and once I have finished a row I put that yarn aside and reach into the bag to see what color comes out next. It saves having to sit there and decide what color to do.

Everything sounds great so far. I may just use up my stash for this. I am saving certain colors for the middle of the bed so they can be seen. My eight year old saw pics of the stripey's in progress. Dylan said "Those are really nice mommy." I think if I survive this blanket I will make some throws for the boys beds. A wee bit smaller though.

aussie, the magnum is thicker than the spotlight 8ply. i am only going to use the spotlight yarn. i have changed the start of each row, by just starting with 3chn not doing the slip knot as the pattern says. looks better for me. also i was thinking of useing the starting and finishing strands as a fringe, but have now changed my mind. helen

20mins till the new year

Hi Helen. Im not doing the slip knot either. Are you doing the 250 chains. I cant believe how big its going to be. I used a heap of magnum when I made my mums blanket so I have about 7 colors in that brand so I will use that. How far are you with yours.

I see your ahead of us by half hour.

43 minutes to 2007

aussie, i did the 250chn and have now done 13rows. must say i looks good already, but then i am a scrappy girl. lol will get my DD to take a pic and post it, i am digital camera illiterate. helen

12.21am now HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. this is going to be the best year.

Wow!

Everyone ghans look and sound wonderful. I must get started on mine. I still have to frog that one ghan so I can start....so I guess I will get started on that today. Also I don't think I will be doing 250 maybe 150 or 200 and I will use an I hook. Mine will mostly be pastels and white I may throw in a bright color or two every now and then.

Everyone have a happy and wonderful New Year!!:party

here is mine so far, doesn't look like much yet, but will soon I'm sure. The one pic is of it hanging in the archway from the entryway to the living room. I am using a k hook, and started with a chain of 300. This is gonna be big!

th_december16124.jpg

th_december16123.jpg

happy new year all!

lea i couldnt load yours earlier, but i've seen it now, and it looks so great!!!

ooo, i completed 3 more rows on mine.... takes me 35 minutes to complete a row, woot! I'll finish this sometime in the next 5-10 years, hope this CAL keeps going for a while :rofl

Ada thats looking good. Are you doing a more manly colors? or is that at random, I like it. I did relize at 250 chains it takes quite a while to finish each row.

lea i couldnt load yours earlier, but i've seen it now, and it looks so great!!!

ooo, i completed 3 more rows on mine.... takes me 35 minutes to complete a row, woot! I'll finish this sometime in the next 5-10 years, hope this CAL keeps going for a while :rofl

Thanks bunches.... I'm finished with that sequence and now I'll do perhaps 12 rows( if I have that mcuh yarn) in black, white and red before digging in the scrap pile again.....what a project!!!

Archived