"Stripey" Blanket crochet-along

creativepassage

Very pretty. Mine's moving along. I'm about halfway there. I haven't been able to work on it at all this week, as I had an emergency family trip. I hope to get it done in the next few weeks though if my travel schedule will let me. I'm not traveling with a huge pile of scrap skeins :P

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, I like the effect of doing every other color in black! cool pics, everyone--someday I'd like to do one of these, but don't have enough scraps yet :)

Melissa that looks great!! Mine is still on row 10. I don't have enough scraps to go at it anymore right now. Makes me kinda sad. I was at a poiint where I only had wips, no ufo's but this is gonna be a ufo.... I have to buy yarn to finish a scrapghan, now THAT is funny! However, I might end up frogging it row by row, and doing something else with the yarn at a later time, we shall see. SO, I'm out for a bit, but I'll come in and cheer you guys along on the weekends!

OK. My blankie is officially on hold until 2/10 or there abouts. Too much travel to actually work on it and have a friend visiting this weekend. I WILL get it done by the end of Feb. *crosses fingers* I feel bad that I've abandoned this one for the last few weeks.

hi all

i havnt picked up my stripey in a week or 2 so i thought i better get craking, so far today i have done 5 rows and still have a hour or so till bedtime , i dont need it finished till june, but i have at least 2 other blankets to do by then also, i find that when i get bored with one i go onto the next and so on

Everybody's blanket is looking great. I love the black in between the rows.

I'm moving along slowly. I feel like I'm making some progress and then I look at it and boy I have a long ways to go. I'm almost wishing I didn't start with the 250 chain. My husband told me it looks warm and I should make it big enough to fit our bed. Mind you we have a California king. Um, don't think so. I would still be working on it 5 years from now.

I've added a few rows myself. I realized though, that I'm about to run out of hte light blue I've been using and I'm only about halfway through. Delemas, delemas :think. Do I go out and pick up another skein or just go without for the rest? I'll probably pick up a skein because it's a color I use all the time....

Hi Everyone,

I am making pretty good progress on my stripey blanket. I am going to do something a little different with it. I am doing a row of black in between the color rows and I am also making a yarn yo-yo after I finish a color.

I plan to edge the blanket in black and then somehow figure out a way to attach the yo-yo's as a trim...just like in quilting. I have done fabric yo-yo's but really want to translate this to yarn.

I am loving this blanket and it's the most relaxing project I have ever done.

Thanks again for all the help you gave me.

Jan

Following the same color sequence from this point on:

I decided to alternate black and white between every color so the afghan wouldn't be too dark yet it would still have the contrast I liked between black and the bright colors.

Scrap4.jpg

Thanks! Obviously I am going with bright fun colors for my 9 year old. I plan to fringe the ends too.

I also posted a photo in the Ripple Along of the other afghan I started for her last month.

She'll have two.

I like working on the stripey better than I do like working on the ripple.

I plan to use this pattern again someday with more "mature yarns" for someone else.

Looking good Scorpio59 and MyissaG! I think mine's going to become a UFO for a little while. I need more of the light and dark blues I've been using as I used up what I had on a project for DH. I should have some more of those colors soon. So, until then, it's just going to be a UFO...

I've been reading this CAL for a little while now. About 5 days ago I started my own stripey blanket! I really like how fast it goes. I got 24 rows done my first 3 days! I'm using a G hook on mine. I'd love to see more pics of how everyone elses is coming along!

I am still loving my Stripey. But I am having some trouble with a ripple that I am doing. :eek I would like to frog the whole darn ripple and start over with a new ripple "stripey" style.

Does anyone know how do do this?

Melissa- I read on your blog that you wnat to do this too.

Do you know how?

Here's a picture- http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/knitblog/2006/12/on_the_crest_of.html

Everybody's stripey is looking great. I have made a lot of progress on mine. Every night I ask my husband, "Is it big enough yet?" and he tells me No so I keep going. He is liking how warm it feels and wants it for a napping on the couch afghan so I keep going bigger for him.

I am still loving my Stripey. But I am having some trouble with a ripple that I am doing. :eek I would like to frog the whole darn ripple and start over with a new ripple "stripey" style.

Does anyone know how do do this?

Do you know how?

Here's a picture- http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/knitblog/2006/12/on_the_crest_of.html

Nobody knows ? :(

I

Do you know how?

That is a pattern from the 200 ripple stitchs book. But I am wondering if I could come up with something close to it without buying that book. I havn't had a chance to get to it, as I have been busy working on other projects.

much to hot here to have heavy crocheting on my lap. so my strippy is having a holiday until winter hits.

but keeping my fingers limber crocheting cabbage patch clothes and other delightful things for a stall at the easter quilt show.

helen in ever so hot bendigo

Mine's on hold for a bit. I got about halfway done and ran out of navy and light blue and am almost out of light green. I should have some more navy and light green as soon as I finish my current afghan project, and I might just break down and buy some light blue....

I thought my stripey was going to have to be frogged! I discovered a booboo waaaaay back on the 4th row. I must have missed a loop and it had unravelled a few inches. After thinking about it, I figured I might be able to fix it. And it worked! I pulled out the offending row and using a new strand did single crochets into the loops left on the main part. This is now the new beginning edge. it looks a bit different, but it's working. Yay! I'm back on track!

I thought my stripey was going to have to be frogged! I discovered a booboo waaaaay back on the 4th row. I must have missed a loop and it had unravelled a few inches. After thinking about it, I figured I might be able to fix it. And it worked! I pulled out the offending row and using a new strand did single crochets into the loops left on the main part. This is now the new beginning edge. it looks a bit different, but it's working. Yay! I'm back on track!

I'm glad you could fix the problem!! I hate finding an error/problem waaaay back in the beginning and I'm almost done. Almost a project killer some days :P

Archived