Elegantly Edwardian Runner

Yammy

I've been working like a mad woman here since starting this Saturday. I have a few more to go... I plan to give this as a christmas gift to a friend. The pattern is from a vintage book bedspread and tablecloth book, it wasn't listed as a runner. I did it in vintage thread I had on hand. Now to start the next one.

DSCF0373.jpg

That is just beautiful!!!! I don't know any hints for blocking. I still have a hard time knowing how to block big doilies..... :think Do you have a big piece of cardboard maybe you could put some saran wrap over then pin it on there? That would be my only guess....

Anyway it is just gorgeous! What a lovely gift! :manyheart

Tina

beautiful,,,,,,,,,Did you know you can go to lowes, home depot and buy that blue hard foam insulation board for blocking doilies? Been using it for years. I recently had to go buy a bigger one for my latest doily that was almost 22" inches wide. The blue insulation foram board -- it was so big it wouldn't fit the van,, so we use that line on the board and broke it on the line so it wouldn't be as wide. There are lines on the board you can break it on the line. I wanted it big and wide and plus stilll got that part that we broke off on the line. I use a knife to cut it the other way and that was a little harder. I did end up using the box cutter and that seem to work better.

Now my husband understand :think why I wanted that blue board :yes .

gorgeous runner! if it wasn't listed as such then i am glad to see you use your creative license to produce such a fabulous result

sunnywolfgar: That is an excellent suggestion, I will have to take a run and get some of that. I have a smaller styrofoam I use for doilies and snowflakes but for something like this that's almost 4 ft long I really need a better system.

Thanks all for the wonderful comments. That's the one great thing about the 'Ville :)

Roli: I really love it but I haven't found the 'right' pattern for me yet, so I keep making things for everyone else. This also wasn't as intricate as it looks, it's basic squares joined and then a border put around it.

Archived