Dollar Tree new yarn shipment

rsisland

I go for allergy shots every Thursday. On my way home I just happen to pass a Dollar Tree. There must be something "wrong" with my car though....it pulls into the parking lot each week :lol . Works out great 'cuz new shipments arrive Wednesday evening. This week I went in on purpose to get a pair of Xmas socks for my 7yr old son.

th_IM000213-1.jpg

I always go and look at the craft section just in case there is something new...and luckily today there was :yay

th_IM000217-1.jpg (all clickable)

th_IM000216-1.jpg

th_IM000215.jpg

th_IM000214-1.jpg

so I grabbed a bunch of lionbrand fancy fur and Boucle.

I also had a nice chat with a few ladies that were also buying yarn. They said ooohhh looks like someone will be crocheting or knitting today. Then they said they grabbed some yarn also. They showed me the 1-2 skeins they were buying. I guess they don't have the same addiction that I have :think:lol

I needed some fun fur type yarn for a purse I wanted to make for my Stepdaughter's 20th b-day in January anyways. I almost bought some 30 minutes earlier at Walmart....glad I waited. Bought a couple of those 97 cent pattern books instead.

I have two Dollar Trees within 10 miles of my house.....the strange thing is that they both have different items! I need to go check out the other one soon to see if they have different colors.....

I was just going to post about this:)

It was a bright spot in my day!!!

I got 6 skeins of the boucle and 4 skeins of the fancy fur!!! Not sure what I'm going to make, but I have it!

Pat:hook

You know, I am going to have to take a trip to my dollar store. I went in once to get dark stockings for when I stuff animals and never got back to the yarn section.

Of course I was at Wal-mart this morning and finally found their Christmas yarn. Nice Pluch in Red, Green and White with silver running through it.

Love your haul there. I really believe you have to be a member of a crochet group,especially here, to appreciate an addiction we all have.

Can't wait to see the purse you make.:hook

I just stopped taking those shots after 6 years. :clap

You know guys know that my Dollar Tree does not sell any yarn! I am so unhappy! The clerk said that they never have yarn. What's up with that?! Can I write their HQ? Who decides on a store's inventory anyway?

Just venting a bit 'cause I made a special trip after reading about all the yummy finds that you guys have made. Oh well (deep sigh)....

Oh My Went to A Dollar tree today and came out with 4 bags of yarn :cheer :cheer They Had Lion Brand fancy fur in all different colors and the Lion Brand Boucle in All different colors.... Can't wait to check another one...I have one right across the street in the plaza and they haven't had yarn in a long time....

Thanks for the heads up on this :cheer :cheer :cheer

I was just at both my Dollar Trees (one is about 1 mile from my house, the other about 3 miles) today and yesterday and neither one had yarn this time. They may be getting it in though, since at one point both stores had tons of Bernat and Patons yarns. Will be on the lookout (though I always check each aisle anyway, heaven forbid I miss anything, LOL). Thanks for the heads up.

LI Roe

I bought three skeins of Fancy Fur at my Dollar Tree on Monday... normally I never touch that kind of thing, but I like to experiment, and $1 is a cheap experiment. I knitted the scarf pattern on the label with all three, and they're really very pretty--I think my young nieces will love them, though they're definitely no good for warmth.

I don't know that I'd want to try crocheting with Fancy Fur, though... let us know how it goes...

Today when I stopped by the Dollar Tree, they had the yarn out. Yeah!

I got 8 skeins of Lion Boucle Wild Berries, 6 Lion Boucle Parfait, 8 Lion Boucle Popsicle, and 8 Lion Boucle Jelly Bean. I'm so glad they got it in finally.

I even have some ideas for it. :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

man-oh-man, so jealous! Checked mine today and nada. The clerk even had the nerve to tell me they probably wouldn't get any more yarn until after Christmas! :eek

Oh well, I guess I'll have to be patient :P

~k

kelle, i am going to check all of the ones around me tomorrow i have lets see within driving distance and a full tank of gas, 5 of them i can think of off hand... woot can't wait to go, dang it now where am i going to hide it all this time.last time when i went a splurging, i was sooooooooo bad, but this time with christmas being so close, i better limit myself to 3 or 4 bags full lol, love the haul you got there, i should resist, i should resist, i should i should, but guess what, i am not i am going to go tomorrow:clap :clap :clap

I went last night and scored $13 worth. I had to control myself. I think I am going to use the boucle and fun fur together with regular worsted yarn and make lapghans for next Christmas. (I donate to the local nursing home)

Never too early to start for next year....right?!?

Never too early to start for next year....right?!?

That's what I was thinking!! I want to make afghans for the kids/grandkids nect year. I had better start NOW:lol

You know guys know that my Dollar Tree does not sell any yarn! I am so unhappy! The clerk said that they never have yarn. What's up with that?! Can I write their HQ? Who decides on a store's inventory anyway?

Just venting a bit 'cause I made a special trip after reading about all the yummy finds that you guys have made. Oh well (deep sigh)....

I live in their headquarters town - here's their info right off their website, I'm sure they'll listen and consider your request:

Dollar Tree Stores, Inc.

500 Volvo Parkway

Chesapeake, VA 23320

757-321-5000

We have lots of yarn in our area DTs, maybe they are test marketing yarn sales in specific areas?? The amounts of yarn differ from store to store - one of the DTs in the local mall doesn't have any yarn at all, go figure. I hope you can find these great yarn bargains in your hometown soon!

I went today and bought some boucle. They also had paton's voodoo---has anyone used this yarn before? It looked interesting but I couldn't figure out what I would use it for.

Archived