Dollar Tree new yarn shipment

rsisland

i finally found a dollar tree that had the yarn...they had oodles of fancy fur...i bought 15 of one color and 14 of another color..if i had more money they had 16 of another color and 12 of another.....can't believe my luck!!! what are some good things to make with the fancy fur besides scarves???? if i mix it with another yarn could i possibly mix it up into an afghan do you think??? open to suggestions...excited because i cannot usually afford the novelty yarns!! will apprecaite any ideas!!!!! i feel guilty cuz i am just dying to go back and but the rest!!!

msmusic:

Thanks for the info. I had found thte contact info and sent them an e-mail. Haven't heard from them, but maybe I'll send them a snail mail (that sometimes gets a response) --:think.

Everyone else:

Great buys you "guys" have made. I'm happy for all of you (really I am - :yarn:clap:yarn). Just a little sad for me and the others whose Dollar Trees are yarnless (:no :no).

Ann

finally got to my Dollar Tree and they had some left....i got four balls of a funky black eyelash teamed with a tan/white bumpy string, reminded me of leopard or cheetah print which is SOOO my sister....made her a scarf for Christmas in about an hour and a half. dd loved the yard or so left over and begged me to make a doll blanket and put it around the edge....now they're both really fashionable LOL

i finally found a dollar tree that had the yarn...they had oodles of fancy fur...i bought 15 of one color and 14 of another color..if i had more money they had 16 of another color and 12 of another.....can't believe my luck!!! what are some good things to make with the fancy fur besides scarves???? if i mix it with another yarn could i possibly mix it up into an afghan do you think??? open to suggestions...excited because i cannot usually afford the novelty yarns!! will apprecaite any ideas!!!!! i feel guilty cuz i am just dying to go back and but the rest!!!

I'm adding some to crocheted purses. You definitely can add it to afghans :hook

WOW - I drove by my dollor tree today and I recalled reading your posts so of course I HAD to check... They never have yarn so I was doubtful.. well, as I turned the corner... WOW.. a whole display with LB boucle.. I scored 13 skeins and trying NOT to go back and get more!

Keep up the dollor tree yarn sightings!!!:yarn

I did NOT think the Dollar Tree I shop at would have yarn. But there it was in all it's glory- an endcap full of fancy fur and boucle'. I got 6 of the boucle'. Hard not to buy MORE - but with Christmas coming and all, I have to behave. LOL

Well, finally one out of the two Dollar Trees that are by me had Fancy Fur and Boucle yarn by Lion Brand today when I stopped there. The one that had it is the one about 1/2 mile from AC Moore (where I stopped to see what they had it for, AC Moore had Fancy Fur on sale for $1.99 (ha, I got it for a buck) and Boucle for $4.82. Will be going back next week to get more, had a lot of it and only one lady was buying a few skeins. And there were tons of each type. Then I stopped at the one closest to me but they didn't get a shipment in (hope they do, they are closer to where I walk). That is my saving grace, when I walk I can only carry so much home (heaven forbid I take the car) so I usually can contain myself (though it can be hard, LOL).

LI Roe

• 1 month later...

Just noticed this thread, and I am so sad that I missed this deal. I hardly hit Dollar Tree, except when I have a bit of extra time to wander. But on a stamping site that I'm also a member of, someone shared that on the Dollar Tree website there is a link for "need large quantities" that allows you to ask your local store to order you cases of items, if they have them available. You just have to have the UPC and a little other info to find out if it's available. I can only imagine the yarn pile I would have had if I'd put this all together in December. :)

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I worked as a Store Manager for Dollar Tree for 10 years, and not once did we carry yarn!!!! Can you imagine what my yarn stash would look like if we did?!?!?!?

I stopped in Saturday, and found some really cute novelty yarns. Not sure what I'll be doing with it, but I have it .....

I found some Boucle before Christmas and made my cousin a scarf, so I went back and made me one I keep at work because i just leave mine in my car, I hardly venture out, there isn't much out there... but when I need one it's there... (coworkes loved it and there's nothing fancy about it, just the nice yarn)

now they have Fancy fur only and I don't care too much for that, but maybe for a buck I could try something... I really haven't tried it...

This is one reason I hate :angry this site, I make too many charity items, too many squares for my quilt afghan (a major WIP) and I want to crochet so many of the show and tells... I want to buy all the yarn the store has...

Okay I really LOVE this site.... :manyheart I wouldn't have a place to doante (well not as many), my WIP would be a never to be done afghan, wouldn't try certain yarns or patterns... etc., etc.... lol

Debbi

I wouldn't give up on your Dollar Tree not getting yarn just yet! My local Dollar Tree just received a shipment of the Lion Brand Boucle yarn about 3 weeks ago. I had about given up on getting any (I had found about 6 skeins around Christmas at a Dollar Tree about 10 miles away.) when I saw a fully stocked section with the yarn! Yippee! I ended up getting about 20 skeins in each of 3 different colors! No, I don't know what I will make with it, but I'll make something! Keep checking those stores about once a week!

Archived