Two PK Doilies

The Shrone

cafelarge-thumb.jpg

cafecenter-thumb.jpgcafecrisscross-thumb.jpg

The above doily is called Cafe Au Lait from PK's Coffee N' Cream doilies. It is made using Valdani size 12 thread in the color scheme called Algae. It measures about 12" in diameter. I really love the luster of the Valdani thread, and the colors are rich. It works up nicely; I recommend it for a more colorful look. I found the thread available at: DS9 Designs

ultimatedoily-thumb.jpg

The second doily is one from PK's Ultimate Doilies. The exact pattern's name escapes me, and I don't have any detailed photos of the design. It is made using size 10 Steinbach Wolle and measures about 16" in diameter.

Both doilies are for Secret Pal swaps. I'm currently working on a few more PK doilies and should have them completed soon to share. My crocheting time has been reduced a little since starting my internship.

Take care,

Lori

gorgeous doilies! the cafe au lait has a very peacock look about it with those colours. you do such gorgeous doilies!!

I forgot to ask, what or who is PK?

Shell, I assume PK is Patricia Kristoffersen (Sp?) - a prolific doily-designer as far as I can tell :)

Those doilies are beautiful! I love the thread and colours of the first one (Cafe au Lait) but they're both stunning.

-- Michelle

I love Trish's patterns. Some of her stuff is pretty advanced although her books provide a lot of help. Have most of her thread crochet books and found the 99 Little Doilies the best teaching tool for me. She features a lot of highly textured designs especially in her thread crochet patterns. Her web site address is http://www.pkcrochet.com/store.html

I don't know why, but for some reason I can understand her patterns. I've made at least a couple of dozen of her thread projects and haven't found any errors in the patterns so far. Hope she never retires from designing.

Barb

It is amazing the colors you have chosen. Lovely doily. I like that. First, I thought you had put beads and then I realized that the color of the thread was giving that effect.

I was about to make the same comment Shell did! As soon as I saw the first one, I thought 'ooh, a peacock doily'. Both are beautiful, but my favorite is the first one. :manyheart

I love them both, but the first one is just absolutely STUNNING!!!! I love the blue/green varagation and just the deep tones in that thread is just simply gorgeous!!! :manyheart

Archived