Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Coralie, that is simply ADORABLE!!! How cute that one is!!!

Jimmie Lu, can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Oh Darski!!! That is another winner! These are all turning out WAY too cute!!!

Kitty! Can't wait to see your finished product!

I was too busy crocheting the size 8 for my neice. I am almost done, I have done all of the back and am working on the right front, after the sleeve. I sure hope that it fits I am going strictly by yarn standards measurments, these are just the childrens ones they have adult and baby as well.

I hope you realized that those measurements are actual body measurements and you have to ADD EASE. I'm working on a size 6 for my dd. I based it on other sweaters I have meade her. It is purposely a little big as I want her to be able to wear this as a jacket over a sweatshirt or other more fitted sweater. I looked at several other sweater patterns to get a feel for measurements. Here's my sweater so far. Agh - you can tell in the photo exactly where I started the 2nd skein (same dye lot!!)Thankfully the 2nd skein does not appear so drastically different in real life.

I have to keep reading the posts to see if you've already finished this!

Ginny so you think I should add an inch width and maybe length if I am going by the measurements chart Lilybean posted? :think

Your sweater looks good so far by the way. :hook

Tina

Ginny so you think I should add an inch width and maybe length if I am going by the measurements chart Lilybean posted? :think

Yes you need to add at least an inch depending on what fit you want. If you follow her link to the yarns standard page..then follow their link to explanation info... ok I'm confusing myself... go here... to see the explanation of sizing and fit. They say "When sizing sweaters, the fit is based on actual chest/bust measurements, plus ease (additional inches or centimeters). The chart entitled “Fit” recommends the amount of ease to add to body measurements if you prefer a close-fitting garment, an oversized garment, or something in-between."

+Your sweater looks good so far by the way. :hook

Thanks!!

Ginny, I am loving what you have there and also your idea of using this as a jacket type sweater.

This is just thee most adaptable pattern I have seen.:clap:cheer:hook

I want to try lots of variations with this when I have other stuff seen too.

KnicKnac, I want to thank you for putting this CAL together. If you hadn't showcased the delights of this pattern, I might have forgotten it completely.

Thank you all over the place. Great call :clap :clap :clap

I agree with darski. I swore I wouldn't add to my out of control list of wip's, but I had to do it. Here's mine...

BICOresized.jpg

Thanks for inspiring all of us knicknac! :hook

Thank you Darski! :blush I just realized though after looking at everyone elses that my left placket is not as far over. Did I mess up somewhere? Aww, now I'm depressed!:( I LOVE yours Darski. I really like the black and white trim. And your right, it does look very chinoeise!:yes

Liberty, here's the link so you can take a peek. http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/mizduck/crochet/BICOresized.jpg

How adorable! Those buttons are sooo cute! FYI, I figured out what I did wrong on mine...I got my wrong and right sides confused. Duh! :confused:loco BTW, I am naturally blonde....no excuse, but it makes me feel better! :yes

Kris your sweater turned out so cute! I like it in the middle like that. You may have started something here. :wink Sometimes mistakes are like that. I do like it like that.

And I saw your sweater in the babies and children thread, Lynda- great job! I love the ladybug buttons!

Tina

Ok I said after Mexico But but but I got the yarn and I just can not resist. I am gonna start if I can!! Whats one more WIP[/quote]

Excellent reasoning! And besides you could probably make 2 just today... right?

I can't wait to see the results.

OK, as much as I DON'T wanna go head-to-head against flying-fast-fingers-Jimmie-Lu :lol, I'm gonna start one too. These are just TOOOO cute!

Here's my question - my DD is about 18 month size. And I'd like to use the Homespun that I have. But attempting the homespun in the past has driven me NUTSO - I can't see the stitches and get frustrated easily. Any tips before I jump into the great divide? ;)

And what size hook have you homespunners used?

Thx!

Archived