Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

Kitty- Don't even think about option 2! Just do it one row at a time. :hug If you have any more problems let me (us) know, okay? :hook If I was at that point in the sweater I could take pictures and show you exactly what I mean, how that 'thing sticking up' is going to be the front of the sweater...

I can't wait to see it!

Darski your color sounds like it will work up great for a kids' sweater ('crayon explosion') :lol

Tina

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made another one last night. I used the Carron Pounder and some boulce that I got from JoAnn's. The gauge came out the same as the homespun. It's not quite as soft but it's cute.

I have to do the buttons yet and then I'll take a picture.

Then today I was at my local Walmart and they had some homespun on clearance for 3.50 so I bought 4 more. :)

This is so neat. quick to make and just adorable.

I edged my crayong colours with white and then black and it really looks good - very chinoiserie (chinese looking). I have to decide on a button effect but that isn't much.

I can see these going over well at my local pregnacy support centre. Love this pattern.

Can't wait to see your finished project crochetgoddess!!!

Told you Darski! I can't wait to see pictures! That hat we made with ours is just adorable! Is that the one your making?

Theresa!!! Another one eh??? They are addicting eh?

Kitty? How you holding up?

Uh oh. Don't pitch it out the window though! You are almost done with it!

It looks like you did the front placket part, but on the outside of the sleeve. :think Maybe that was row 8? You should have been starting from the inside of the neckline, and hdc in the first 12 sts. But it looks like you did the first 12 sts from the edge of the sleeve.

If you weren't so far away I would drive over and show you. Sorry you are having such a hard time.

Tina

Thank you........off I go until the next mistake! Everyone is writing in how easy this is, and I'm plugging along. I'm writing notes to myself on the directions, so hopefully the next one won't be as crazy making.

Kitty, I am wondering if you got the pattern from the site with all of the pictures?

I copied it all into a Word doc so I had ti all in front of me. I knew where it was going and didn't need all the photos but the one would show you the general shape you want to achieve.

Yes Kitty! Keep working back and forth on those 12 stitches, until you reach the bottom of the sweater! Then it's all downhill from there. :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer Yay! You can do it!

Tina

It's looking good, by the way. What yarn is it? I like it.

Tina you make me laugh. Finished. OK, which is easier Option 1 or 2. It's going to be very warm outside by the time this is done!

Why can I post to you but not back to Darski. There's no reply button. Anyway, I got the pattern from when you Google "Baby It's....." I am now re-writing the pattern in Kitty speak for my next sweater!.......if there is a next sweater.:P

I can see my poor grandchild wearing this sweater until he/she goes to college....."wear it, it took me forever to make it!":devil

Don't give up on me ladies, I'm coming into the home stretch!

AWESOME Kitty! Your doing great! I found the option 1 was my best bet, but it really depnds on what you like.

Let us know! That is why we are all here. And by the way Kitty, you can reply to anyone...just use their name in the post when you want to address someone particularly.

I feel bad for missing out on being able to help, I kept meaning to check in yesterday. I guess I was too busy crocheting the size 8 for my neice. I am almost done, I have done all of the back and am working on the right front, after the sleeve. I sure hope that it fits I am going strictly by yarn standards measurments, these are just the childrens ones they have adult and baby as well.

Again I need to figure out what color to do the trim in, I am using Carons' deep violet, any suggestions?

Kitty, I know this is a bit late but do you crochet right handed or left handed? I crochet left handed and sometimes because of that have to do the oppisite of what the directions say and sometimes it takes me a couple minutes to figure out what exactly I should be doing.

Kitty, I always do option 1, too. (I didn't think about the left handed thing either, Jessi. My husband is left handed, too....)

Kristen- I don't know if you saw my question about your pullover version (I posted it in the baby children one...) How many stitches wide is it? (What are the measurements, too- across, and then up to the arms?) Did you use RH ww or homespun? I would love to make one in a pullover version and especially size 2; but I don't have anyone here in a size two anymore. :P

Thanks Kristen!

:blush I just saw the yarn measurements chart-is that what you used? Duh.... I can go by that then, thanks Kristen for posting that!

Tina

Yes it is. The parents have strong colouring so I'm guessing the baby will be able to carry this colour. Still have the hat to go. (it is 12 months size too that might affect the effect of the colour

I have enjoyed seeing the pictures of the wonderful sweaters and decided to make one or two.....they sure are adicting. :blush I tried to post a picture earlier but it was coming out too big. I think I got it right now. I'm almost done with the second one and will post a picture when it is done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/24523/BabySweater003.jpg[/img]

Coralie

Archived