Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

Hi all,

I want to make the BICO ,but as a pullover for a 12-18 months. I was hoping someone could help me with some measurements.

I am looking for:

cuff to cuff

bottom width

length from sleeve to bottom

sleeve length

neck width

Thank you

Emily

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are my 1st 2 BICO's (3rd is almost finished). They are in Deb Norville's Serenity (stormy(12mo) & moss(6mo)), both trimmed in SS. Have to wait till payday to go get buttons. These will be Christmas presents for Nephew & Great-Niece; sure hope they fit!

post-27033-13589747195_thumb.jpg

post-27033-135897471965_thumb.jpg

Thank you, I've looked at that page, but am not sure how all the numbers translate. I was hoping that someone could maybe measure a 12mo BICO that they have made to give me a general idea.

How you work it out...

1. take the measurement (chest 18") and add 4 inches for ease. that's 22 inches.

2. Make a chain that is 11 inches long and add 1 more.

3. Make your BICO

Here are my 1st 2 BICO's (3rd is almost finished). They are in Deb Norville's Serenity (stormy(12mo) & moss(6mo)), both trimmed in SS. Have to wait till payday to go get buttons. These will be Christmas presents for Nephew & Great-Niece; sure hope they fit!

[ATTACH]11632[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11633[/ATTACH]

Those are just fabulous. Good on you :cheer:cheer:cheer

[ATTACH]11632[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11633[/ATTACH]

Those turned out AWESOME!!!

:heart

:mug

[ATTACH]11632[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11633[/ATTACH]

Your BICO sweaters are both very nice and I like the colors you used. It's always fun to see other people's creations using the same pattern but with different yarns and trim. Nice job! :yay

• 2 weeks later...

thanks darski for the link i was just about to ask for it and took the pattern and gonna try it for sure

i noticed the diffrencec between yhe size and gonna add more to make 24mths size for dd

and i relly LOVE the bright green and fushia one yum yum gonna make one for sure

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Can anyone help me make this for a 7 yr old girl?

THank you

You can refer to the following chart for recommendations and edits of how different folks have made it work for varying sizes:

http://sites.google.com/site/knicknac123/Home/bico-chart

Also, here is a link to a blog post where someone made it in a size 6-8. There are photos too!

http://flyinghooks.blogspot.com/2006/11/bico-size-6-sweater-jacket.html

Archived