Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

I love it as a pullover!! And :eek a 7 month old in a 2T?! Wow. He is bigger than my kids were! Anyway, it's so cute! I love the stripes. :manyheart If you happen to have written it down, I hope you'll share it with us. I would love to make one as a pullover, and in a size 2T, too! :cheer

Tina

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, woe is me. What's wrong with me. Everyone else "gets it" and I'm still struggling. Second half: I start on the outside......the end of the sweater not the part by the neck. All is well until Row 3:

hdc across......I'm in by the neck?

Row 4: hdc into 3rd ch and Hdc across..........this I don't get at all. I chain up the 8 go into the 3rd ch and I have this piece just hanging there??

Maybe I started at the wrong place.......I thought the outside was the end of the sweater. Now I'm ch 8 by the neck, maybe that's the wrong place?

I could cry. A friend helped me with Row 23 which is the same deal, and I don't remember what we did.

Someone help. I love this sweater, and want to make a few...but I'm totally stuck here. I don't want to think about Option 1 or 2....yet.

If someone could explain like you're talking to a 2 year old about Row 3 etc., I would deeply appreciate it.

Aw, don't be so hard on yourself! You are chaining 8 because that is going to be the front left side. Then you turn and chain in the third chain, and across. (Kinda like when you start with a chain, then crochet into the chain.) Then when you turn and go back (row 4), you hdc all the way across to the end... you will see how it works... I don't know if that helped any... :think

Tina

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. If I was there I'd help ya. Do you have a photobucket account? (It's free.)

What is the piece that's sticking up? :think The ch 8 part is going to be the left front side. (Like you already have the front right side...) Now you are crocheting the left front... (by the neck.) If it's on the outside, by the sleeve, then you did attach it wrong.

Tina

Okay, your ch 8 part should be laying parallel with the row you just did (horizontally, not vertically) for starters. Then you hdc in the third chain from the hook, and the next remaining chains. Then just keep hdc'ing on to the end of the row. Did you understand it? (I hope?)

Then for row four, you just turn and hdc all the way down (27 hdcs).

Tina

I like your sweater colors, BTW! :yes

But what do I do now.......I crocheted up the 8 now if I crochet into the 3rd chain........that ch 8 is sticking straight up

wait.......I'll try and take another photo

I haven't forgotten about you guys or my sweater! Haven't picked it up since Monday evening. :( :( :(

Busy week w/ post-surgery dh, sick teenager, teething toddler, and just life in general...:eek

Going to try to work tonight on it some. What I have though is looking good and upsizing the pattern is so much easier than I ever would have thought. If I can afford it, I would love to make an adult size for myself. Big kids are @ high school football game, little kids are in bed, dh is up in his office working....ah, it's the quiet moments like this that moms only get every once in awhile, so I'm off to crochet! :hook

Now, you hdc in the hdc to the left of the hook. Just keep going all the way down to the end of the row! You're doing it right! :clap (Take that post it and turn it the other way. You are crocheting to the left, not the right.) :hook

I'm going to look at my own photo and try to reason this out. (I understand what you're saying, sort of, but that piece sticking up...I'm still working on reasoning that out..........I am so sorry I'm so dense!

ch 8 turn hdc into 3rd ch..........////and hdc across. How can I go across with the chain sticking up?

It will even out. You keep crocheting all the way down. You are making the left front; the thing sticking out is going to be the left front. Here, I'll take a picture of one of mine to see if it helps...

th_Picture1174.jpg

(Clickable Image to see what I wrote on the note.) :P

The chain 8 part is going to become the left front placket (I think that is what it is called.) Your right front placket started with the chain 12. I hope I'm not confusing you more. I wish I was there so I could show you in person.

Tina

Yup. It will even out. Just keep crocheting and it will lay flat and parallel with the row you are working on...

I hope I helped and didn't confuse you more.

Tina

OK, so ignore the thing sticking up and just keep going.....your photo helped alot. Your sweater is beautiful! I'm printing it to refer to. Sorry for the delay, the cats got in the yarn.......not having a good night. I wish you could be here too. I appreciate your time and effort!

no, you didn't confuse me, it's working out!:clap Of course, I dread turning the page to Option 1 or 2 but that's tomorrow's trauma.:eek

Thank you again!

Ok, maybe I didn't actually mean next week... maybe I meant to say this week or maybe even today... :lol

This thing really does grow very quickly. (row 16 at this point)

I am using Mexicana (explosion in a crayon factory) and I am thinking it will go well with a blankie I made using pointy sticks in the same yarn...

Love it!

Oh gosh, I am so sorry your having such a hard time Kitty, it will work out I promise, and Tina to the RESCUE!!! Today is another day, just come back...if we have to make a video for you we will...you WILL finish this project, do NOT give up!!!

Darski!!! Too much to resist eh? That is the beauty of this project is that it works up so fast!!! It's addiciting!

Podger...life ALWAYS gets in the way! Let us know your progress! If you do it in adult size, let us know the specs!

Archived