Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

WOO HOO Barb! We told you it was easy!

I just finished another one tonight! 3 hours? We started at 3:15 - I finished mine completely, including weaving in and embellishments by 10 - now this includes cooking dinner...eating dinner WITH company...doing the dishes...doing about 4 loads of laundry...looking for yarn over at a friends house...looking for a hat pattern...dealing with dueling kids...so no, it didn't take 3 hours, but it was pretty darn close!!!

BJMudd! Thanks for joining in. That is what CAL's are all about...helping each other out thruout a pattern!

WOW!!! So excited there are so many interested in doing this!!!! Both my friend and I want to make some for our BEARS!!! They are SO CUTE!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about the three hours, either. That's what it said on the pattern. Maybe if you sat down and crocheted non-stop you could finish it; but who has three hours straight to sit down and crochet? :P Did you take a picture yet, KnicKnac?

I am almost done with my second one. I can't seem to find time to work on it, though... Maybe Monday when the kids are back in school...

Tina

I'm done:fluffy it was so fast and VERY easy, this is the 1st crochet sweater i've completed ( i'm almost done a shrug for me), i've made a similar, one-piece knitted sweater that was just too small for DD so my oldest DD uses it as a doll sweater LOL it is almost midnight so no pics until tomorrow :elle

I've seen this pattern before and thought it looked so simple and cute...BUT...my "babies" are 2 y/o now. I would love to make both of them a sweater though and I really do like this pattern. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to increase it...any thoughts? Has anyone made this before but in a larger size?

While my friend and I were working on it yesterday we kept saying how much we would want one of these for ourselves!!! It's really so simple, I think if you had the right measurements you could definitely make one for someone older.

I think I might just do that. My daughter is 7 and I might just make one for her.......hmmmmmm

No pics. When I went to take pics last night, I realized I had left my camera attached to the computer the last time I had downloaded my pics and that always kills the battery. So they are charging now.

Barb!!! Woo Hoo!!! You finished!!! That is too cool. This is definitely ONE of those projects that you can do in a weekend, that is for sure.

Poder1, I've made this in an 18 month size before, and I'm starting on a 2T size this week.

Both times, I took a sweater that fit the intended recipient and just crocheted with a slightly larger hook, making sure to hold the crochet up to the example sweater as I went. If you don't have a sample sweater accessible, the message space beneath the original pattern gives some simple directions (someone else asked the same question there).

Count me in! Am off to buy yarn today..lol hearing my hubby say what???? another sweater and the baby isn't even here yet..(cackles and preens to go shoppinggggggggg yeahhhhh)

I started last night with bernat soft boucle and then had a total brain fart:think when I got to row 11 and couldn't understand it at all. So I put it down and weaved in some ends on an FO then looked at the pattern again and:idea. I didn't get too much further before I went to bed but hopefully I'll have time to finish it today. I'm not sure if the guage is right, it's hard to tell with the boucle and I've never made a wearable before.

Barb, my little girl was born on May 18. She decided to be 2 weeks early and then changed her mind when it came time to push and she wouldn't budge! She was 8lbs 12ozs and I had gestational diabetes so I can't imagine how big she'd have been if she'd waited til her due date.

Donna, that's too adorable! I just LOVE those colors, so fall and so soft looking. I was wanting to make a matching hat and mary janes too, but didn't have a pattern for either. May I ask where you got the pattern? I love, love, love the sweet flower embellishment. Great job!:clap

Oh my! How totally adorable is that????? I NEED THAT PATTERN FOR THE BOOTIES!!!

I love how you embellished the sweater with the flowers!!! Great job Donna!!!

Faded Blue...tell us where you are stuck and we can walk you thru it!

Sweets! Happy to have you join, let us know when you start ok???

I live in Texas, so we don't get lots of really C-O-L-D weather, but it does sometimes get chilly. I'd like to make one of these for my 2yo DS, but the pattern is for babies. Does anyone have any tips for making a larger version? I'm not good at winging things on my own. THANKS! :manyheart

Donna says she has made one for an 18 month old so you might want to ask her what the measurements were for that and go from there.

Someone on here just made one for a child in Miami...it was a little bit more holey than the ones you see most of the time, but it sure worked. Here is her post.

Podger- I am interested in making a bigger size, too. If anyone tries it please let us know! :yes (How you're doing it, that is...)

Barb and KnicKnac I can't wait to see your pictures! I am still working on my #2 one.

Tina

The Donna- Your sweater is gorgeous! I love the flowers and the Mary Janes. :manyheart I want to try doing one in a darker color too. So far I've only done pastel blue and pastel pink; but I did buy a navy blue Homespun yesterday to do another one with.

I think seven people posted while I was doing my last post. :lol

Tina

LOL! Barb, you were posting a picture of yours while I was doing this!! Your sweater is great!! :cheer I love that blue variegated. What yarn is that? Very nice!!

Tina - It's one of those Red Heart one pounders that WalMart has for about $6...it's a lt. pink/md. pink/ green varigated and the contrast is Red Heart Country Blue...the pic is not so great, it's much prettier in person LOL, a little later i'm going to put Leslie in it and put up pics on my blog:yay

:yay Oh I can't wait to see Leslie in the sweater! :c9

The one I am making is for my great niece (that makes me feel sooo old... :( I'm only 36 and I'm a Great Aunt...)

Tina

Oh my gosh!!! Barb, that turned out great!!! I can't wait to see the pic of your baby in it!!! Take her outside to get a GOOD picture!!!! Natural light is always so much better!!!

How much fun is this????

Too much fun! :D I found a pair of Mary Janes at Crochet Pattern Central, KnicKnac. I don't know if they are the same ones Donna used, but...

Here's another pair of Mary Janes. :hook I couldn't get the picture to come up for me, but... I think I'm going to make a pair of Mary Janes, too. If I have enough yarn..

Tina

How much fun is this????

The first link that Mom w/a Motif posted is the exact pattern I used for the Mary Janes. One skein of Homespun made the 6 month sized sweater and the hat. I had to get another skein to make the Mary Janes.

Here is a photo of the 18-month sweater. I modified the pattern to make it a pullover, but it's the same pattern. The measurements are 12" starting chain (so 24" around the bottom) and sleeves that are 7" before folding back.

12-18moGreenStripe.jpg

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing that pullover with us, and giving us the directions Donna!

And thanks for the pattern for the Mary Janes!!!

WOO HOO - Anyone know what I will be doing this afternoon????

Archived