Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay i finished mine too! i'm thinking it needs a hat to match, and i haven't decided if i want to make a flower to put on it.. i think that would be exciting. Any ideas where I can find a pattern for a particularly cute hat or a flower?

I made it with Jiffy yarn and a K hook, and the trim is "Party," a Crystal Palace yarn.. it is soo shiny and pretty.

th_pinksweater.jpg

And a close -up so you can see how pretty the accent yarn is:

th_pinksweater2.jpg

It's for my niece, Ella. I also made her some little mary janes before I started this -- they don't match, but they're cute anyways. :D

Andrea and Theresa -- they are so cute!!...i'm thinking of starting another for my older DD, i'm going to make the 12 mon. size and see just how much bigger it is, if it's too small Leslie will just grow into it :)

Andrea, that is so adorable! I LOVE the fun fur, I've never thought of that! :clap I was going to use this hat pattern KnicKnac posted; but for a boy. (I have all boys, too, so I am kind of at a loss when it comes to girls...) :lol

And Theresa, yours turned out so cute, too! (Of course, like I already said, I am partial to boys...) :P I like it sewed up the *wrong* way, too. No one will ever know (unless you tell them). :wink

Tina

Here is the hat pattern, I thought I had posted it last night but I didn't. We both followed the same hat pattern, I just added a pom pom and my friend added a button...If you make it you will see WHY we did that! :lol

http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/sweet%20baby%20hat.html

I just got to row 1 of the new side and if I attach on the outside edge (shoulder, not neck) the rows look wrong. It looks like RS, WS, RS, RS, WS instead of RS, WS, RS, WS, RS. Did anyone else notice this or am I reading wrong? I used Bernat's Haven instead of Homespun and the stitch pattern is really obvious so I can't stand doing it where the pattern doesn't stay the same. I tried just attaching at the neck but that puts me at the wrong side when it comes time to chain again and extend the front on that side.

Does any of this make sense? Any help is appreciated.

Lara, help me out here...are you talking about this?

Row 1: With front of sweater facing you, begin at the outside edge. Insert hook into first st and Ch 2. Hdc in next 21(23) sts. - 22(24) Hdc.

Ok, this is what happens when you have to stay home from work because you are sicker than a dog! You finish another BICO!!!!

It's here

I don't have the specs yet, I can hardly even breathe, but I wanted to post it, and I will tell you how I did it later!!!

Lara, help me out here...are you talking about this?

Yes, but when I begin at the outside edge it puts me going the same direction as the last row, so it looks wrong. I don't know which side is RS or WS at this point, but it is the same way as the last row. I pulled it out or I'd take a picture.

Laralou- I think I know what you are talking about. That's what I did. I can't tell WS or RS, but my yarn is not the same as what you are using. I think it will even out in the end. I've done two so far, and they both look fine to me. Hope you can figure it out! :hook

Tina

I posted a pic on my blog. See how the rows look really obvious? 1 RS and 1 WS = one row. Well, when I crochet per the directions, I get a short row on that shoulder. Is that supposed to happen and just doesn't look as obvious when you use Homespun? Or am I totally crocheting wrong to begin with. I am a total newbie and taught myself totally from books, so I could just really be wasting yarn here...

I think I get it now, this could get annoying especially if you can see it in the work, like mom 4/ a motif said it may even out once you keep going.

Yay for you knic knac, I am finishing up a pull over version now and will post pics when I am done, I did what I hope is a 2t for my nephew

Lara what you have on your blog looks right so far to me! Just keep going. OT you have your hands full! A boy, twin girls (what, three or four year olds?) and a baby! So sweet! I thought for sure I was going to have twins; turns out I just have huge babies. (My dad is a twin, and my moms' sister had a twin who died at birth (premature). I will probably have quadruplet grandkids or something... (Should I warn the future DIL's?) :lol

Anyway, keep going I think what you have is right. :cheer

Tina

Here's my updated picture with the hat I just finished tonight. I used a hat pattern in the latest FC Easy Crochet magazine. It turned out 16" wide this time Woo Hoo! I think it will fit.

th_Picture1172.jpg

(Clickable Image for Bigger View)

KnicKnac did you say you made one of these in a newborn size, too?

Tina

Yes Tina, if you go here you will see the newborn...and how I made it newborn is I used two baby yarns together with a "j" hook.

Emily, someone here I think is attempting this in a size 3T - I am sure they will chime in with some specs.

Very cute.

I really wish I had more time before Christmas. There is so much I want to do. And your a great source of inspiration.

Keep up the good work

Kidge

Archived