Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

Gosh andrea...I don't have a measurement for you, but I am sure someone will chime in this morning sometime for you.

dewbaby00 - there are more than a few that will be trying the 2T to 3T sizes...just stay tuned!!!

Kitty, row 25 should have 37 stitches - yes you go over the chained part.

Ginny, please if you are going to do it for a 4t, please let us know how you do it!

Yes Barb, I am making it for someone that is due in November...she knows she is having a little girl.

Everyone seems to be doing well with this!!! Can't wait to see more photo's of finished projects!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrea- On the pattern it says the 12 month size should be 11 inches long. Sooo... I am guesstimating here... (I did the six month size) If mine is supposed to be 10 inches long, and six under the sleeve, a 12 month size would be seven inches under the sleeve? You could keep crocheting until it was as long as you wanted it to be before you get to the sleeve part, though.... Mine, though (of course) is not 10 inches long, it's nine. But I still think it turned out cute. I finished it last night.

th_Picture1150.jpg [/url]th_Picture1147.jpg

(Clickable Images) Just for fun, I put in the other one I had already made, too...

KnicKnac, what hat pattern did you use? The Mary Janes are so cute! :clap

I don't think I'm going to have enough yarn left to do both.

Tina

Tina, your first picture takes us back to the forum...I wanna see it BIGGER! LOL

Yes, I used that first pattern you found for me, that is the one Donna said she used. I gotta say they were about the quickest thing I have EVER made in my life to turn out SO CUTE!!!!

Yours are so cute Tina!!!

:think I'll fix it. I only know how to do clickable images, not bigger like everyone else.... :(

What hat pattern did you use KnicKnac? Thanks for the compliments; the pink one is the one I finished last night for my (great) niece. :)

Tina, your first picture takes us back to the forum...I wanna see it BIGGER! LOL

Yes, I used that first pattern you found for me, that is the one Donna said she used. I gotta say they were about the quickest thing I have EVER made in my life to turn out SO CUTE!!!!

Yours are so cute Tina!!!

Oh yes, NOW it works!!! How adorable is that????

Here is the hat pattern, I thought I had posted it last night but I didn't. We both followed the same hat pattern, I just added a pom pom and my friend added a button...If you make it you will see WHY we did that! :lol

http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/sweet%20baby%20hat.html[url=http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/sweet%20baby%20hat.html][/url]

No way! I was thinking, if she doesn't have it or it was in a book, I'm going to make the one from Marlos Crochet Corner- the exact same hat!! How weird is that? Thanks for the link KnicKnac. :hook Hopefully I can get these hats finished soon now, too.

Tina

I'm hoping to upsize for my 4yo dd - closer to a size 6. :think We;ll see wha I can do!

If you can upsize to a size 6 will you let me know? I would realy like to make one for my dd but I'm not very good at wearables and upsizeing.

Actually dewbaby00, I am going to make this for my daughter who is in a size 7 - but it will be later this week before I tackle it...I absolutely HAVE to finish this comfortghan I am working on...I had too much fun this weekend and didn't work on it at all.

But I will keep track of stitches and such...

Barb, make sure you post a pic as soon as your done!

Actually dewbaby00, I am going to make this for my daughter who is in a size 7 - but it will be later this week before I tackle it...I absolutely HAVE to finish this comfortghan I am working on...I had too much fun this weekend and didn't work on it at all.

But I will keep track of stitches and such...

Barb, make sure you post a pic as soon as your done!

That would be great!!!!:clap Then she will have a little room to grow:eek . I have tried upsizing sweaters before but they never have worked out.

My mom has a niece in Africa maybe I should start on a small one for her then I will have the main idea of how the pattern will turn out. Hmm maybe I will get my :hook and :yarn out tonight and see.

Oh Jessi, how completely ADORABLE!!! Glad you joined in!!! I am going to add your link to the beginning post...

dewbaby00 - that sounds like an EXCELLENT idea!!! Work with the pattern so that you know how it works together and then when we upsize it, it will be that much easier!

Jessi- Your baby looks so sweet :c9 , and the sweater is great! I guess you can use all different types of yarn with this, as long as your guage is right. :hook Nice Job! :clap

Tina

I wish I had this patter when I was looking to make a sweater for my cousins new baby. I have to use up the yarn I already have and finish the gifts I am making right now, but this is definitely on my list of things to try soon!

lilybean...you poor thing...I am so thankful I don't have a job that is sitting in front of a computer. I would go nutz!!! Join us when you can...

Knikki! When you do decide to join us, you will have fun!!! Welcome to the board!

I just wanted you all to know I'm still hanging in.......hopefully, I'll get to do more tonight.......pesky work keeps getting in the way! I'd be nowhere without all the help.....thanks!

ok - I'm off to measure a sweater that is a little big for my 4.5 yo daughter... check that against some size 6 published patterns and then go from there. I want this one to be like a sweater jacket so, I'm definitely leaning toward the bigger side.

I'm still in. I've bought my yarn and plan on starting Wednesday.

I'm finishing up a ripple baby afgan for the baby the sweater will be for, and I have about two night worth of work left to go on it.

Everybody's work is beautiful, I've had this pattern saved for a while but never got round to having a go - so count me in!

I will get started just as soon as I finish up my scarf which should be finished tonight.

Hellbo!!! Great to have you with us, be sure to post pictures when your done!!!

Mandi, can't wait to see what you have in store!!!

Cool Ginny, just make sure you keep track. I am actually thinking of doing the same thing...but with a twist...I am going to do another double strand...but this time I am going to use a black base with all my scraps!!! It's going to be the amazing technicolor coat!!!

Kitty, that is what CAL's are for!!! Just hang in there and always ASK!!! Can't wait to see your finished project!

Archived