Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

OOHHHH......with a Niece that was born this past June and a 1st Grandchild (boy) being born Feb. 2007.....guess I know what to do with some left over WW yarn.

to JUSTME......I love the black/white one.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't stitched together yet but it is crocheted at this point

S362-1.jpg

I need to find buttons for this and maybe add a couple rows of edging on the bottom. also on the lookout for youngster to try it on :lol

S362-1.jpg

Please bear with me.

I bought some Homespun for my first sweater, but man...I really don't want to use it. The few times I've tried to crochet with it I just can't get it right. Does anyone have another yarn suggestion that would work better for me? Thanks!

Darski your sweater is lookin' great! :wink

Population 800 I think you could use two strands of a smaller weight yarn, too; like Darski said. I think other people have just used regular worsted weight, too. Just whatever gets the right guage. :)

Glad to have you with us. :hook

Tina

:eek The pressure is on me now. I got an evite today for my SIL's baby shower. Now, I am not going to be able to go AT all. It's in Texas, a whole days' drive, and on a Sunday. :think Helloooooo.... Anyway. Now I feel like I have to get all my crocheting done and sent in the mail, by next weekend! Ugh.... I know you all are probably thinking ('Uh, shouldn't this be in Off-Topic Conversation or something...) But I am making her a BICO, so that is why I'm venting here....:sigh Sheesh the baby isn't even due til March. Is that normal to have a shower so early? Or is it?

Oh well- it's a good thing they work up so fast!! :lol

Tina

that is super early for a baby shower. I had my first dd in March and didnt have my shower till February. Why in the world would you have a baby shower 5 months before you have your baby? I mean they must have just had thier U/S. sorry dont mean to sound like a ranter here but Tina, its not just you. I feel for you here.

I know, Kristen! I was kinda thinking that too. And this isn't her first child. I don't know.... (They did just have their ultrasound.) I was wrong about the due date, though. I think it's in February; but still..... Seems like I *just* found out they were pregnant. Actually, I did just find out, two months ago. Then they email me a week and a half before the shower? I live two states away. It seems like they would give me more notice than that to save up money for the trip. Unless they don't even really want me to come- in which case why even email the invite; just to irritate me? :irk

I can't keep up! :blush

(You think you were ranting? LOL!) I have more where that came from, too...) :devil

Tina

You are so tempting me to try to design one that large. i always have me as a built in model...hmmmmm

I'm just wondering what a scrap BICO would look like - could be fun. I mean, how hard can it be? :lol:hook

Hi! I'm thinking about joining this CAL. I have a 7 month old son who wears about 18 month clothing (born 12lbs 10 oz, and is now about 23 lbs) so I was thinking about making this. I even came up with a football to somehow stich to it if I made it big enough. I don't have a picture of it finished on the sweater, but if anyone would like to "test" it out and put one on a sweater or something, be my guest! :)

I used about a size H or I hook, depending on how big you want the football to be. Also, I haven't played with stiching the white stiching that a football has on it yet, but I thought that shouldn't be too hard to backstich...

All I did was chain 10... sc in second chain, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, 1 tr in each of next 3 ch, 1 dc in next ch, 1 hdc in next ch, 3 sc in last ch (corner made). Then along the back loops do 1hdc in next chain, 1 dc next, 1 tr in each of next 3, 1 dc, 1hdc, and then 2 sc in last, join with sl, and finish off.

There you have it. It looks rather like a leaf. Instead of 3 tr, I thought about just keeping it with dc. It makes it a little less curvey, but the tr's seem a little too airy or something... I don't know how it'd work, but if anyone wants to try it out, be my guest! :) I wanted to do something that makes it look a little more boyish. I thought about making it the color of my hubby's fav. football team, in red and white. That'd also make it look Christmassy, but there you go.

Also, I thought you could do a basketball by just making a circle by ch 4, then do about 12 dc in the first chain (4th from hook), and sl st. in the first dc (or the 3ch if you prefer), and there you go. A basketball. Again, you'd have to do the lines in black, but that could even be part of how you attach it to the sweater. Yes... I HAVE to try this out soon! :)

Again, if anyone does this, please take a picture! I'd love to see it if you finish before I do!

Victoria

OK - it took me almost a week to get back here with this. I blogged all my changes to the pattern this morning - along with explanations which should help modifiy the pattern to any size.

This link should bring you there.

If anyone has any questions, sees an error etc, please let me know.

Those of you who want an adult pattern - find a sweater you like measure the width, sleeve length from the underarm, sleeve width, total garment length, neck opening. Choose your yarn and hook, determine your gauge and you should be good to go with what I just wrote (together with the orginal pattern).:hook

Thanks for sharing the size 6 pattern...Your daughter's BICO is great and should be warm for the winter, what a great idea....it could even be done in wool for added warmth...

Well I finally started another BICO. This one I am making with Lion Boucle that someone sent me four skeins of! :clap It's awesome. I am on the first side of the sweater though and I think I am going to run out of yarn. I am already on the last skein. :sigh I am going to go to the Lionbrand site though and see if they still carry it...

Yay! :yay They still carry it!! It's Lion Boucle 'snow cone.' (Hopefully that link will work you know how the Lion Brand site is...)

Tina

:eek I just read that.... 12 lbs 10 oz!!!?? Were you gestational diabetic? My biggest was 10 lbs 9 oz. and I about died (not really, but it was really hard on me...)

I have a 7 month old son who wears about 18 month clothing (born 12lbs 10 oz, and is now about 23 lbs) so I was thinking about making this.

All my boys were a size bigger than what they were age-wise... If they were six months, they were wearing a 12 months... Then my youngest was the funniest because he was bigger in the torso (and head), then his legs. So on top he would be wearing a 12 months, but on the bottom a six months.... :rolleyes People would ask me 'Oh what size does he wear?'.... 'Weeeelll....' :lol If I bought him an outfit in the store with a top and bottom, that was another thing... the pants would be too big... I'd have to buy something that went with pants he already had or vice versa...

Anyway. I am almost done with another BICO! For the SIL who's baby shower is next weekend. Guess what? I ran out of yarn. :blush I went to Michaels, I went to Hobby Lobby.... :angry Michaels did have some Lion Boucle, but not the color I needed. So I had to order it online and pay for shipping. This sweater is going to cost me $40 by the time I am done with it... (Maybe this will be the only present she might be getting...) I could never afford to spend that on one of my kids! (For a sweater; and when they were babies...)

I don't think it is going to be done by next weekend, in any case; since I have to wait for the yarn to come in the mail now...

Tina

I am considering the adult version still but there is this shelf thingy that happens to adult women that has to be considered :blush:lol

I have some yarn from a :frog sweater that could work for this with maybe a bit of white or light rose..

Darski I love that sweater w/ the trim!! And the special leaf button. Is it a Canadian Maple Leaf? :wink (By the way are those all leaves on the ground in the parking lot? :lol Every time I see this for some reason I look down in the parking lot...) Are you giving it to the mom with the three year old or saving it for a gift? I love the finished sweater. That trim really makes it!

Tina

Archived