Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have started on an adult BICO but it is still in the testing the back phase. depending on the day Imight get to sleeves.

I was thinking of making shorter sleeves so I could do something in a pattern but then it wouldn't be much of a BiCO if you change everything. What are people thinking? anyon else wanting to try the big girls version?

I would LOVE to have a 'big girl' version. I'm making my daughter one and she always wants to dress like me, so this would be perfect!

I was kinda thinking of a few of us trying to make one at the same time and see how it goes. :ghug

You talented ladies have inspired me!:) My friend just became a grandma for the first time, blessed with a beatiful granddaughter. I've made several blankets for baby Jocelyn, plus a couple of hats.

I was feelin' a bit blue on Friday evening & read through this thread. I searched my stash and found a skein of lemonade homespun & got to work. During a jewelry party Friday nite, I finished about 1/3 of the sweater. This afternoon I finished the rest, with Florida Keys green as the accent color. I'll pick up some buttons tomorrow nite after work & post a pic in the next few days. I think there may be enough leftover yarn for a hat too.:clap

Thank you all for sharing your beautiful finished sweaters, I'm awed by the creativity this group possesses!!

Hi... I am trying to make one of this sweater for my daughter.. but i can't find any bulky yarn here where I live. I am trying to use the yarn which I don't know what type it is :) may be it is WW or Sport (i do not know) and using F hook. I just measure the sweater to fit my daughter , i double the count and measure it. ... wish me luck..... since i am a new crocheter, I am worried ...... I hope it will turn up nice...:)

I'm not almost done the back yet - I hit some snags yesterday as I had stuff that had to be done or finished.

When I say back, I am talking about Before you start the sleeve section.

I am not that fast at crocheting.

This should be my focus today though adn we'll see how it goes

asanie01, an f hook seems awfully small. That's only 3.75mm and I used a 6mm for my first two sweaters.

Is your yarn so fine that it will work? The instructiosn that were posted about finding your own gauge will work with a finer yarn and hook too. when you know how many stitches per inch you crochet you can decide how many chain stitches you need to start to get the size you want.

Darski...I would probably join you with a CAL for an adult version...I have three things I need to finish up first, but they will be done this week for sure...

All the FO's are looking really good!!!

asanie01, an f hook seems awfully small. That's only 3.75mm and I used a 6mm for my first two sweaters.

Is your yarn so fine that it will work? The instructiosn that were posted about finding your own gauge will work with a finer yarn and hook too. when you know how many stitches per inch you crochet you can decide how many chain stitches you need to start to get the size you want.

Yes Darski, I am using the F hook.. this is because I only have the F needle at the moment. And the stores here don't sell any bigger hook. And I can't wait to try the sweater...:) So I started using the F hook....

I almost done.... the sweater....although not perfect... :lol ... i need to ask about the band...

The instruction says that with the right side facing you..... loosely sc along left placket.... Place 3 sc in corner at the beginning of the neckline. SC around......Is that means we have to make the sc from left to right...?

I always crochet from right to left...

Anie...

I almost done.... the sweater....although not perfect... :lol ... i need to ask about the band...

The instruction says that with the right side facing you..... loosely sc along left placket.... Place 3 sc in corner at the beginning of the neckline. SC around......Is that means we have to make the sc from left to right...?

I decided that was an error. I began on the right placket.

O.k. I've finally done it. I made my first BICO sweater. I made it in blue homespun with a light blue terryspun border. I absolutely love this pattern. It took me about 4 1/2 hours from start to finish & I never even had a problem following the pattern, it is actually very well written & the picyures help a lot! I will post a picture as soon as I am able, and if anyone does do an adult version of this as a crochet-along I am so IN!!!

Ok, just an important public service announcement...

I updated the very first post with all the completed projects...could you please check to make sure I have your completed project link listed? If not, please let me know and I will add it!!!

Looking back at these, they are ALL so wonderful! What a GREAT pattern!

Hellooooooo I am back and do you know what time it is

Time for me to finish my BICO sweater.

Report- Halfway done.

estamated finish date- Sometime in the next few days

Why- 2 suitcases full of dirty stinky clothes to wash- a newsletter to write- photos of our trip to download-and a parisite to remove from my body!!!lol

Everyones sweaters are just adorable!!!

oooh more BICO's to look at - love this pattern.

My large size is coming along nicely. I have the full back - with sleeves - almost done now. When I get to the dividing part, I can post what I did for mine and you can see what would work for your size and type

i have made my sleeves fairly short because i don't like long sleeves and I want to add a sizeable and prety border from somewhere to edge mine. I'v seen a million of those pretties and want to try one

I really am looking forward to seeing your Adult version darski. I am really wanting to do this for myself.

What are you using for yarn? Single strand or a chunky?

Darski, I have to add here, that you have been a TREMENDOUS help on this thread and I for one really appreciate it! You are priceless with your directions and instructions - they are so clear and understandable. Thanks so much for being a big part of this CAL!!!

Anie which option are you doing for the band? Because I noticed that it didn't seem right, either. You start out going the wrong way, but don't you go back and do a second row so you will end up going the right way for the last row of the band?

That's what I thought....

Can't wait to see everyone's BICOs!! :clap I am still waiting for my yarn to get here to finish mine... (Had to order it from the Lion Brand site...)

Anie...

Archived