Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tabby

while i was looking in the last pages i saw your granneis i loved them and they are huge :clap

cherinec5

welcom

i can`t wait to see photos

Pam

i love the colors

it`s exactly as my colored room :cheer

I'm in on this one. I just started a rectangle granny on Friday for my daughters day care teacher who's expecting a baby in june. I'm using bernat baby coordinates in lime ice, pink, yellow, blue, and purple. she wanted the main color to be the lime so i'm doing 4 rounds green, 3 yellow, 4 green, 3 pink, 4 green, 3 blue, and so on. i'm on the 3rd round now for the blue. i'll try to post pics as soon as i get my cam back.

Can't wait to see it. Sounds neat.

tabby

while i was looking in the last pages i saw your granneis i loved them and they are huge :clap

cherinec5

welcom

i can`t wait to see photos

Pam

i love the colors

it`s exactly as my colored room :cheer

:cheer:clap Yeah! It looks wonderful. Purples look great together. Don't you feel good when a project is FINALLY done!

Well done, ladies!

It's been very warm here so I've been working on my baby afghan project instead of the big granny rectangle. However, a cold front is arriving today and I expect to get a lot done this weekend while I huddle under it.

Well, I am now up to 42 rounds. But in all fairness, I have company so I haven't really crocheted much. I will eventually get it done! I will! I will! :hook

I had to take a break for a few weeks. Could it be that I was crocheted out:( . Anyhow Im back and I have started 2 new granny's. I am not sure where they are going when I am done but more importantly I am getting to stash bust.

Free

Blue on Blue Granny

pics 021

I've just started a couple afghans using this pattern, one in monet(variegated yarn) and white Red Heart colored yarn and the other in black colored yarn and plum pudding(variegated yarn). Great pattern and it works up quickly. Thank you For posting the link to pattern!!!. It's already a favorite.

I went to buy more yarn for my granny but they were out of my color, what a pity, so I had to buy more thread and yarn for my cousin. She is having her second child and is due in october. With all the projects I always have on my plate I figured I should get started with it since she is past her first trimester.

Free, I very much like the colors you chose for your 2 granny afghans! They are going to be lovely in those colors! :cheer

Champygirl, your 2 granny afghans sound lovely as well! :cheer

I'm working on one of these, and have two more to do, all for birthdays/Christmas this year. The one I'm working on is solid black, although I may do a row or two around the edge in a colour (haven't decided yet). It's for my youngest brother, possibly his birthday in June, or I'll tuck it away til Christmas. I'm on row 10, not sure how big I'll end up making it.

I'm going to be making a second for my mom, in black and at least one other colour stripes, although it's likely I'll do two or three colours with it. I'll be doing a third for my best friend in a rainbow of colours, as per his request, because his mom used to make ones like it in many, many colours.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

I wanted to post the CAL buttons for this CAL, I just thought that maybe there is someone that would like to use one on their blog!!!

gcalblogbutton.jpg

grannyalongbutton2346789.jpg

grannycalbutt.jpg

Please save them to your hard drive!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody!

Well, I just finished 4 more rows on my Giant Granny afghan and have 10 more stripes to go(that's 4" per stripe). Each stripe has 7 rows so if I do 1 row daily I should be finished with this by July. :cheer

Archived