Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

noQcrocheter~it looks nice :)

I suppose i could join this cal as I just started a baby blanket using this pattern. I am not sure yet if I will use it as a gift or donate it. Will wait and see how it turns out.

Not sure if it's too late here to start in this CAL - but I started doing a giant granny square just last night. I figured out the whole tilting mess and it's looking really pretty.

I'll try to post a picture of what it looks like later on today when I place a few more rows on it. The colors are sage green and white - really pretty. I decided (which yes I know is making a mess and I have lots to weave in when I'm done) to change the color every round. The neat thing about doing it this way is that it looks like a checkboard - very cool looking.

Anyways, gonna go work on it

Congrats to those who have finished! :clap

I have made exactly no progress with Christmas in the middle of things. Hoping to get to them soon now that gifts are done. :hook

I'm in! I saw one on Flickr recently and thought it was gorgeous. I made a ripple blanket using Harrisville Designs Highland wool for my oldest dd, but that thing took forever so I got halfway done and called it quits. :D I want to make a blanket for my youngest dd, but I'm undecided on the wool. I want it to be wool so that it'll be warm, but it was to be washable because of her dust mite allergy and it has to come in the colours I want (spring-y pinks and greens, periwinkle/lavendar maybe orange...). Sounds easy enough, but I'm having a tough time finding the right yarn!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings to all of you:cheer

I haven't been here in a while, I'm helping take care of my mother.

I have 2 CAL buttons, for anyone that has a blog, & would like to use them!!

grannycalbutton04.jpg

grannycalbutton02.jpg

Can I join? I never did although I did start one a while back. Which I found last weekend. I was going to give it as a gift, changed my mind and put it away and forgot about it:blush. I know I used some of the purple yarn for something else, but have one skein of it. So I did some the other night with white and more purple. I'm thinking a verigated with purple would look so cute with this. And these are so easy and stress free type afghans I do like it. Not sure what I'll do with it when I get done, I made my friend another afghan (here in my blog) and so this one probably wouldn't go to her, unless I save it for next year. But this is a good one to do when I can't sleep or want something else to work on. And I would like to finish one of these:yes

Debbi

Hi! I forgot to add my picture of the blanket I made for my husband for Christmas! I finished it just in time to wrap it for him and he loves it! He was excited that I finally made HIM something! hahah... I have a couple more Giant Grannies to make that need to be finished by the end of the school year. (I'm making my kids teachers each a blanket as end of year gift for them!) So I will be popping back in here once I get started again. I love the photos of the finished blankets so far!!! Keep 'em coming! :cheer

thomblanketrs.jpg

I wasn't part of this CAL. (but would have joined in had I been a member!) I just finished a Giant Granny in Dec. Here is a link to the pic on my blog. I made it for a friend.

I made it with Navy, Bone, and a variegated yarn. I love how quickly they work up and how you can just stop when it's big enough. :)

http://davisgang.blogspot.com/2007/12/merry-day-after-christmas.html

• 2 weeks later...

i'll join also. i started a granny a couple of months ago just because. i'm using joann rainbow boucle in the light blue with white. i love how it looks so far. i've gotten about 20 rows done so far. maybe i'll get inspired to work on it at least once or twice a week

Librarycat your giant granny looks nice!

My giant granny has been put on hold for now. I can't find the hook that I was using for it. I will continue as soon as I find it.

Is it too late for me to join??? I just started one last night using vanna's choice yarn, four colors: dusty green, olive, silver blue and dusty blue...

This is my first granny square, not just granny square afghan but granny square, I think I'm hooked :hook, pun intended :lol

Great afghans! I'm doing the rectangle one and I haven't for a while. Kind of forgot about it:blush... well when I put it aside, then get going on the Babette blanket, do a scarf... I just didn't think of it. :lol. I would like to finish it though. So thanks for bringing up this CAL it's a good reminder.:yes

Do we want to do a photo Friday? Some other CALs do it. Just to see where we're at. Then anyone who hasn't worked on it, may be inspired to do so. (Of course I need to remember to do that also:lol).

Debbi

Debbi I think that would be a good idea. It would be nice to see everyones work progress and it is nice to have that looming that I need to get something done on mine so that I an show it off. :)

Archived