Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still working on my project, but it has slowed due to the baby afghan that I have not yet finished. :blush However, since the baby shower is now past (I made a quilt instead), it is now my take-a-long project, so that I can work on my giant Rectangle Granny while watching TV. It's clearly too big to take-a-long now. I did anyway the other day:eek and several people commented on it. :) . Dad is borrowing Mom's afghan to stay warm due to the sudden drop in temps. :hug Oh, well, it would have been done before the cold weather...but stuff happens.

Stephanie

Hello, I am a little late in joining this, and this is my first CAL ever!! I am crocheting a Giant Granny Square already, so I need to join this!! When I finish the one I am working on now, the next one I try will be that Rectangle one. I like everyone's color combinations and this will be a great way to use up my three :eek large plastic tubs full of yarn!! Thanks for all the great ideas everyone!!

I'm glad to see this thread is continuing because I will be starting a big granny rectangle next month. It will be a high school graduation gift and the recipient hasn't decided on a color/colors. She's debating between the school colors of her first choice of colleges and just picking some of her favorite colors. I'll see her in a couple of weeks and get a final decision. Then, I get to go yarn shopping!:hook

:welcome Sprtsbear and Redheart! I know I'll be here for a while, cuz I am going to make another rectangle granny for DH after I finish this one. DH is EXTREMELY colorblind, so I am going to let him pick the colors that look good to him, whether they look good to me or not, lol. Should be interesting. :lol

Okay, since I don't have a digital camera or the technological know-how to put a picture on here even if I did , I am going to have to describe it for you...

I started out with some of my left over red heart yarn, I picked the colors I liked best and had the most of. I started out in the center with a medium mauve, I went about five rounds with this color. Then I did three rounds of hunter green, then three rounds of medium blue, then two rounds of cherry red, then three rounds of dark purple, then back to the medium mauve for eight rounds...to finish off the skein,... then one round of hunter green again, one round of med. blue, one round of cherry red, four rounds of purple, .....and now I am reversing it back to cherry red, then blue, then green about five rounds each, then I have a medium purple I want to finish it off with for however many rounds I can go with one skein. And there is my picture of my large granny square, about 3/4 done!! Boy, a picture would have been worth a thousand words!!!! :confused

Finished mine. I plan on giving it to a local hospital or charity. I really enjoyed making this. Thanks for the thread!!

granny1.jpg

Closeup of pattern/border:

granny2.jpg

I'm still working on my GG and I was wondering how big everyone else is making thiers. It is right now good enough to use as a lapghan but I wanted to use it to cover up with.

Pat Ada

I'm still working on my GG and I was wondering how big everyone else is making thiers. It is right now good enough to use as a lapghan but I wanted to use it to cover up with.

Pat Ada

I'm making mine large enough to use as a spread on a twin bed for my DD. I haven't actually measured it, but it is almost as long as my couch now. I think I'm going to put another 12 to 15 rows then a border.

I'm making mine large enough to use as a spread on a twin bed for my DD. I haven't actually measured it, but it is almost as long as my couch now. I think I'm going to put another 12 to 15 rows then a border.

I guess I have alot more to do then. But the thing I like about it is when I don't want to work on anything else I can still work on this while I'm watching tv. I don't even have to look when I'm doing the dc's except to go to another spot. And my stitches are the same as the ones I look at.

Pat Ada

I am still only on row 23 or 24 because I had to put it on hold to finish my moms purse, but I am rapidly catching up to where I should be. I hope to finish soon so I can work on an afghan that I made up.

I updated my blog...found some pictures of some old crochet projects and a couple of the pictures were of a rectangle granny afghan that I made in 2004. Thought you all might like to see them.

http://iamtotallyobsessedwithyarn.blogspot.com/

The other picture I added to my blog was a crappy webcam picture of an American flag afghan. (ignore me in that picture...it's a crappy shot of me)

Kim your granny afghan is just lovely. I love the verigated colours.

Erin Love the colours in your rectangular granny. I still have to try your pattern out.

I have just started a giant granny square for my son. I found some camo yarn (here in Australia it is amazing to find different colours like this) The lady at the count help alot when she realize how excited I was. lol

May I join you all.

Archived