Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

I guess I'm just not happy unless I am completely overwhelmed with projects! :lol I was to the point where I only had 1 WIP. I'm now apart of 3 CALS and I've promised my mother 10 dishcloths.

I started this CAL today on a whim. I absolutely love how quickly it's going. I'm going to hide this project from my husband for a while. I really don't want to see him rolling his eyes in regards to the amount of WIPs I have. :blush I just can't help it! I see so many pretty things that I want to make. :manyheart

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is never too late to join a CAL and this one is fairly new. this is also a busy thread with posts almost every day.

baricrazi, have you seen a picture of a granny square so that you can see those corners to understand how you put two sets of three DC in one *corner*?

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/free/101/f101101basicgranny.shtml

I started one last night but i messed up on row 2 and had to take it apart this morning to redo it but i think i got the hang of it now:clap

:bump

I wanted to move this above the other thread on giant grannies so that one can move slowly down the page into the dreaded nether regions but Amanda can keep her post count.

While I'm here, I feel the need to ask if anyone has a picture they might want to post to feed my pic addiction?

Ok, I'm in. I tried to contain myself until I have at least 1 UFO finished, but...I got the first row done last night. LoL Everyone else was watching a movie and I thought...hmm..gotta keep my hands busy! :lol

Oh no I did not mean that... I am so sorry if I hurt your feelings. Please don't be hurt. :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

I guess my Scottish heart just hated to see bandwidth going to two of the same thing. I can be such a dork at times :blush

I don't want you to delete it because you will lose your post count and that affects your status and privileges here .

darski

ok but i'll stick with this one anyway or maybe both i want to start another one for myself anyway so i'll have one afghan for each one :tup

what does random act of kindness mean? i seen it somewhere on here and it said something about getting extra privilages could someone elaborate for me

Amanda ,Raok is when someone receives a gift from someone else. You may see people have a wishlist in their signature. Once you have more privileges you are allowed to put a wishlist of your own in the wishing well. A wishlist is things you would like to receive as a gift. In turn you can then go and look at other peoples wishlist and if you can send them something that is on their wishlist that is called a sending a Raok. We put on the parcel that its from a FGM(fairy godmother). The person receiving the gift is then required to put a thankyou on the board in the wishing well but only to say its from their FGM.

I hope i have explained this so you can understand the process.

thank you for telling me how many posts or whatever do you need to start being able to access certain things?

Your afghans are all beautiful. I just started my first Giant Granny Square and am only on row 7. I hope mine turns out as good as yours.:clap:cheer

Selanda- Very pretty afghans. :hook

Amanda- I think they just changed the requirements to 40 posts, and 60 days of membership, before you can access the RAOK and swaps.

I have one that I started a couple of years (yes years) ago. I feel guilty everytime I see it. I was making it for a cousin and he chose, baby blue, dark blue and white (some team colors...don't know which team though). I got a really good start, in fact it probably wouldn't take much to finish it up...hmmmm?????

Here is my progress with the granny square. I'm going really good on this one and I think that I am b/c it's a new color every row. I'm excited to see how the new color will look. Anyway, I should be done with it in a couple of weeks.

biggranny_wip1.JPG

Archived