Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too late to join in on the fun? I have started a rectangle granny afghan, it won't be too huge, as I believe it will just be for a baby, but still, I LOVE these types of blankets! Mine is in just one color, cream. For the border I'll do some girly color since the tobebaby is a girl :)

Hi Everyone!

How are your ghans coming along?

I have to find my other skein of mint sparkle yarn so I can finish this baby ghan. I need to have this done before the 24th because that is when they are having her baby shower at work.

I was thinking about make a little hat to go along with it. Since I don't know how to make booties.

What do you think?

Ok so I am making a little progress I finished the baby blanket I just need to weave in the ends. I will post again as soon as I take a picture.

I started a queen size afghan for myself last week (whooohoo I get to keep something) :clap and I set a goal of 10 rows a day but it seems that I forgot that the rows start taking a longer time the further along you get :(.

How is everyone else doing???

I found more of the skipper blue :yarn I needed to continue my GGS and I'm now working on it. I found I can crochet and watch tv at the same time :yes:lol . We've been having rainey weather and its colder now especially at night. So I covered my legs with it last night. :yes I was wondering how big and how many rounds everyone is making in thier GGS ghans.

Pat Ada

Ok, I've been lurking long enough. After looking at all your pictures I decided I needed to give this pattern a go. I started last night and I'm using RH Plumberry, Lt Plum, Dk Plum, Windsor Blue and White. I have so many baby afghans to make it is crazy, but this could always be for a baby depending on how much I want to keep going and keep it for myself. Thanks for all the great pics for inspiration.:cheer

I've been reading the directions for pictures and I will show them to my hubby this weekend. I go to him for tech support!:hug Hopefully between the two of us we can figure it out. I guess thats why I haven't piped up sooner because I didn't know how to post pictures. I love being able to see everyones work so I'm going to figure it out one way or another!:devil

Has anyone made a rectangle granny to fit a queen size bed. If so I would love to know how many rows to expect:think. Its always more motivating to me when I know just how much further I have to go.

Thanks!

if you started a granny afghan see the wide of it in the first row

each row it will get bigger in the width and the length

so you can know how many row you need when you calculate how many inchs is your bed length and width

useually in this pattern the length is bigger than the width in 10'' or so

good luck :manyheart

Oh dear that is such a simple way to calculate yet I never considered it. Thanks!!!

if you started a granny afghan see the wide of it in the first row

each row it will get bigger in the width and the length

so you can know how many row you need when you calculate how many inchs is your bed length and width

useually in this pattern the length is bigger than the width in 10'' or so

good luck :manyheart

Dear Free2be

Well I am making a square granny afghan right now for my queen size bed and I am using a G hook and making it in (Purple and White) 6 rows of each over and over and I will need a total of 10 of each so 20 bands with 6 rows in each band so 120 times around :eek (I have 8 bands to go or a total of 48 times around more.) :whew Now this will cover my bed all the way to the floor with extra at the top which I will cover the pillows with like a bed spread.

So I guess if you use a G hook the with would be the same as mine. Hope that helps you out.

Sherri

Dear Free2be

Well I am making a square granny afghan right now for my queen size bed and I am using a G hook and making it in (Purple and White) 6 rows of each over and over and I will need a total of 10 of each so 20 bands with 6 rows in each band so 120 times around :eek (I have 8 bands to go or a total of 48 times around more.) :whew Now this will cover my bed all the way to the floor with extra at the top which I will cover the pillows with like a bed spread.

So I guess if you use a G hook the with would be the same as mine. Hope that helps you out.

Sherri

I just calculated the remaining rows and I it looks like I have 50 more to go. Note to self next time calclate only after it looks like you are 90% done:lol

Archived