Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am finally going to join:cheer

What do yall think about doing the entire thing in one yarn? I got 6 skeins of Homespun fiesta today and it looks so colorful. Would a one color granny look bad? and has anyone ever used fiesta?

Erin,

I love the way you explain how to crochet something, even a lefty like me can understand your instructions! I've got to try your rectangle

pattern.

Linda :hook

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/

I'm a little ambidexterous (but more right-handed than left) I tried to just keep everything simple and hoped that I wouldnt confuse the lefties. I figured the pictures would at least give the lefties some idea how the afghan should look when you're doing it right...err...correctly.

Wendy, you can do this in just one colour but you really need to consider the Boredom Factor :tired in this afghan.

Just going round and round in different colours can get tedious. Think about doing that same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over in the exact same yarn/colour.

I'm not saying don't do it or even that it wouldn't be beautiful. I'm just concerned about your sanity. no really... :wlol

Wendy

Although I have not use Fiesta Homespun, but I am currently working on one that is done in Watercolor homespun (I have used 5 skeins so far and I will be putting a border of two skeins of a cream color)

I like Homespun used because of the subtle color changes in their yarn.:manyheart

I look forward to seeing your ghan in the future

Wendy, you can do it all in one color but I agree with Darski the boredom factor will come into it. Mine has three colors and it still gets boring after awhile.

Do all the lefties here crochet lefthanded. Im lefthanded but was taught to crochet righthanded.

Do all the lefties here crochet lefthanded. Im lefthanded but was taught to crochet righthanded.

-----------

Aussie, I'm a lefty who crochets lefthanded. I can't imagine trying to crochet right handed. But, I cannot cut (with scissors) with my left hand. When I was in school, they only had right handed scissors, so that's how I learned to use scissors. I have the kind that can be used either righty or lefty, and I almost cut myself with them when I put them in my left hand.

Hi guys! I decided to go with only the fiesta yarn and do a border of another color when I'm done. If you havent done anything with this yarn, you really should. It is absolutely beautiful. It is so colorful it looks like I am changing yarns anyway.

Wendy, you can do it all in one color but I agree with Darski the boredom factor will come into it. Mine has three colors and it still gets boring after awhile.

I am a lefty. I can not even imagine using my right hand to crochet.

I used Homespun, in three shades of purple. I don't remember what the color names are, though... It's a large lap-ghan size - the picture above is of the ghan laying on my queen-sized bed cross-ways, so you can get an idea of its size. It's hefty, so I didn't want to make it any bigger. :)

Archived