Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry if this has already been asked/discussed. But how much yarn is it taking to make one of these? In yards/feet or ounces/grams. I want to buy enough of the same dye lot to finish. Does anyone know? Thanks.

JulieKay - Yes I am going to do another big granny. I love this pattern and I can go fairly quickly with it (thank goodness!)

I am using Red Heart in the colors "Aran Fleck", "Burgundy" and "Coffee".

He wanted some sort of gold color in there, but Michaels didn't have anything appealing to me.

I have a day off today. My "chores" are done, I have a pot of French onion soup simmering in the slow cooker for dinner, and hopefully I can get in a few good hours of crochet before Hubby gets home today!

I think I might even try to work on his afghan a bit when he's here, with my neapolitan granny sitting over the top of it so he thinks I'm working on that one! ;)

Kmarcene

I guess it'd depend on how big you want it as to how much yarn it'd take. This is just a guess, but I'd say about 40 ounces would make a lap-sized throw, but it'd maybe take 60 to do a large one big enough for a twin bed maybe ?

I have made 2, but don't even recall how much yarn I ended up buying and using for each of them .

I'd wait til you get more feedback though before making your yarn purchase if you wanna know exact amounts .

Someone else may have more exact totals, as these are just guess-timates .

Christine,

It sounds like you have a plan for how to work on your husband's afghan without him seeing it. Good for you ! I hope you can do it .

Keep us informed of the progress. Your colors sound very pretty .

Selanda

I already posted about your afghan in the other thread, but will also post here-- it's nice work ! How big did it end up turning out ? It looks pretty big from the photo !

Thanks Julie. I am not sure how big it is. I will have to have the people at work measure it and I will let you know but it is pretty large. :hook

I have never done a CAL before, and this is my first post. I have already started a star shaped (well it is supposed to be a star anyway) granny afghan for my son, and was wondering if I could join in with the rest of you?

Welcome Nessie.

Hi everyone. Now that I have finished my mums blanket and the mystery cal I can concentrate more on the granny ghan. I know I will be here forever doing this one. The next one I will be using at least a H hook and not a E hook anymore.

Welcome Nessie :)

What colors are you gonna use ?

Thank you all for the welcome. I am usung 2 strands of red heart super saver in black and blue. (his choice) using an N hook. I am going to try to work on it some more today. Had to take a break. I don't know if it is me, but I get tired of looking at the same thing for too long.

Welcome, Lawauna

I don't guess it's ever too late to join into one of these CAL's, as long as there is anyone else left still working on it, and I think there are still several right now, so you'll have lots of company.

What colors are you going with ?

I saw this thread and followed the original link to Erin's site and started my own. I've not crocheted long but this is wonderful! I'm using leftover Caron Simply Soft that I got for an afghan I knitted for my niece. Here is a pic of my afghan

grannyrec3.jpg

I"m going to rip out the last few rows and add more of the white, then I'm going back down, lavender, green, pink, etc.

Archived