Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I went out Sunday and bought some Bernat Softee Chunky to start my blanket with. I could hardly wait for my B/F to leave for work so I could get it started. I just wish I could locate my camera so I could take a picture to show everyone so far what is done. I'm 18 rows into it and right now it measures 42"x22" and I figure I still have a VERY long way to go (he's 6'4":eek) Anyways, I'll just keep pluggin' along on it whenever I can get him out of the house and hopefully it will be done for Christmas along with the rest of my WIP's!!!

P.S.-Julie- I'm using orange, white and dark green for the Miami Hurricanes

Would it be alright if I just did a small black and white granny blanket for my cat? I am so overwelmed with WIPS not only with crochet but for work. I am sewing Indian Travel Pouches AND beading them PLUS I learned how to make dream catchers. My cat is just going to have to settle for a black and white granny lapghan, if it counts.

So I went out Sunday and bought some Bernat Softee Chunky to start my blanket with. I could hardly wait for my B/F to leave for work so I could get it started. I just wish I could locate my camera so I could take a picture to show everyone so far what is done. I'm 18 rows into it and right now it measures 42"x22" and I figure I still have a VERY long way to go (he's 6'4":eek) Anyways, I'll just keep pluggin' along on it whenever I can get him out of the house and hopefully it will be done for Christmas along with the rest of my WIP's!!!

P.S.-Julie- I'm using orange, white and dark green for the Miami Hurricanes

------------

Hi TeeDee, I just saw this post and I had to jump in and say Go Canes (I'm originally from Miami, and graduated from UM back in the day)! (Yes, it's a tough year to be a Hurricane fan, but I never give up the faith.) I'm sure he'll love the blanket you're making for him.

Would it be alright if I just did a small black and white granny blanket for my cat? I am so overwelmed with WIPS not only with crochet but for work. I am sewing Indian Travel Pouches AND beading them PLUS I learned how to make dream catchers. My cat is just going to have to settle for a black and white granny lapghan, if it counts.

-----------

I'm sure your kitties would love to have their own blankie! Not that they don't already make everything in your home their blankie, if they're anything like my cats! :lol

So how big would a granny have to be to be giant to a cat? :cat

I certainly think this should count. :hook:hug

:hook Hello Everyone

Sorry I haven't been here, I'm trying to get everything ready, & the granny finished, we are going to arizona for thanksgiving, so I've been kind of busy.. anyway, if anyone would like to take the buttons I made, they are on page 55, I'll post a pic of the granny. just as soon as I get the rest of the edge finished!! soon I hope:yes

So how big would a granny have to be to be giant to a cat? :cat

I certainly think this should count. :hook:hug

Kaleigh, my kitty, thinks that everything that I crochet is hers and she can recognize shapes. If she had her way, it would fit my bed. What am I saying "my bed" sheesh it "HERS". The queen size bed that Kaleigh shares with me, there that is more like it:lol . Thanks for the confirmation. I definitely will get the pictures in on Monday.

Hi Ho Ladies

Just a note to say I have started a new one of these and need to get it finished quickly . It's for my son in law who just got shipped to Iraq -- my daughter said Christmas packages should be sent out by Dec 1st in order that they arrive in time ,so I've got some mighty speedy crocheting to do ,or it's only gonna be the size of a hankie by then.

Luckily, this is a fast pattern ! :hook

Good Evening Ladies:clap

I finished the blue granny:yes :manyheart:cheer , and I am a happy camper!! we found out the other day that we are driving to arizona to see our sons, daughter-in-laws, & our grandchildren for thanksgiving:yes :yay:clap:cheer it has been so very long, & I told our oldest son, please don't tell me to quit crying if I start!!! & he said "oh mom that's ok, I know"!!!!!DeansBlueGrannyFinished001.jpg

All of your grannies are so pretty, you're doing a beautiful job on them, & keep up the good work!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving!!! and please be safe

oh yes, I almost forgot:yes , my permanent home for my blog is blogger, I can get more done, & navigate around so much better, & I've already switched over to the beta, & I have no regrets!!

I love those colours. They could be useful in my PS in the quilt afghan area.

That is a super giant granny and have a wonderful time.

Cry all over everybody - moms are allowed to do that kind of stuff. :cry

Carol....your afghan is beautiful...Each one turns out prettier and prettier. I am so happy your going to go see your family.. you go ahead and :drive down there and :cry and :cry all you want to. Then have all the fun you can. :ttalkHAPPY THANKSGIVING . :tdance

:pilgrim

Carol - your ghan is beautiful, I love the colors in it. :yay Have a great thanksgiving with your family.

I did a bit of my ghan today. I am using a 3.5mm(E) hook and its just taking forever. Remind me to put my 3.5mm(E) hook away after this one and start using a 5mm(H) plus.

What size hook is everyone else using?

:To All of You lovely ladies :day we will have plenty of:tdance :ttalk you make me feel so good, I thank you very much here are some :2hug :ghug just for you!!!!!

I haven't been to arizona in about 20 yrs. also, we are going to be grandparents again :c9 around next June:yay Danny our oldest son & Lori, our daughter in law, are so happy, we will be staying there, & my hubby always drives very safe, here are some :flower for all of you!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families

First, I give total credit to a gal further back in the thread (and darn it, I can't find the right post) for adding black with the sage. Really makes it pop (and spreads out my ever smaller batch of sage green). My poor afghan is all stretched out of shape, but it will go back after it's washed. I'm at round 20. My Dad is already hinting for it but says it's not big enough yet (yeah, no kidding Dad). It is my current TV project now (too big for take-a-long).

Stephanie

granny20rounds.jpg

Archived