Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

Olga, what a great job! Lots of hard work, but it looks great! I noted that they appear to be the same colors as the one I just started yesterday! Are you keeping it, or is it a gift?

Here's mine so far. I've worked on it while waiting at 2 appointments so far. I'm using an H hook. The yarn is leftovers from 2 projects. I hope that I have enough of the green (I have LOADS of odd-lot whites) to make this big enough. The greens are TLC in celery and med. thyme. This does get big fast, but the rounds take longer and longer! I have 3 Netflix movies that arrived for the weekend...I'll get some work done on this then!

Stephanie

grannypart1.jpg

[edited to add]: Another poster mentioned that she had trouble with curling. I had no trouble with it using the greens (TLC) but I was getting curling with the Red Heart white. It's a stiffer yarn than the other as well as a slightly different gauge. It went away with the new round of green. So, I'm thinking that the curling problem you are having is related to your yarn. Lay your afghan down flat and see if maybe using one less dc somewhere will eliminate excess (or adding one extra) in a row.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olga - WOW... that is amazing. I love it.:yay:cheer

I will have to do some of mine in between doing the around the world quilt.:yes

Its Saturday morning here everyone. I really have to do some housework, the place is a mess, so will do that quickly so I can get on with my crocheting. I have never done so much crocheting until I joined Crochetville.

Its certainly gives you inspiration to keep going and to talk to others about it.:)

Stephanie

Love your colors ! Very pretty .

Wendy- good morning -- give the floors a quick sweep , dust like I do ( run your hand along stuff, then wipe it on your pants ) ,then WA-LA !

You can crochet . :D

AHEM ...... Announcement from Evil One to Tabby :

I now have MYSELF in about the same boat as you, old loyal friend to the end . I currently have 4 afghans staring me in the face . NONE are yet BIG enough to even CALL them afghans . ( More like washcloths)

SO ...... I won't join another just yet either til I get a couple of these moving along . DEAL .... or NO DEAL ???????

( Just hurry up, because it's gonna be hard for me to stick with this deal .):D:lol:D

Thank you all very much for your sweet comments....Stephanie...I love your greens....and they do look very much like mine...

Julie.. I don't know how much I used...I just know I kept adding and adding till it got that big. And I still have 2 skiens left...so...I have to think what will I do next!

Thank you ..:hook

Oh yeah...and Im keeping it .:hook

Wendy, I love your 'ghan! Great job! (I know I always say that, but I DO mean it!). I love purple..all shades of it.

I can see that your color arrangement would have been a better choice for my 'ghan also given the limited amount of green I have. On the plus side though, I can't find the receipt for the skein of unused Red Heart Sage, so if they won't exchange, at least I have a use for it!

Stephanie

Who is thinking about yet another CAL, but needs to finish her WIPs. :ohdear:goodorbad Decisions, decisions. Worse yet, I found more patterns at Maggie's Crochet to buy.

Uh Oh Tab

Now I'm starting to get worried -- you are a LOT farther along than me on a lot of yours. Looks like I'd better get my rear in gear so I can catch up ~~~

Here is an ode to you, my friend ::manyheart

Tabby and me met here in the 'ville

And who knew back then she'd be such a pill .

She is funny and ornery all rolled into one

We keep joining all these CAL's, racing to see who can get done .

You see, there's where the problem comes in, my friend

Grannies and Monets .... where will it all end ?

Something tells me we've only just begun

There's hundreds more patterns, and they'll all be fun !

The color choices seem to never end

There's always a new combo just around the bend.

Look ! There's a green and a pink and a blue

Geez, what's a yarn junkie supposed to do ?

I have yarn in bags and boxes, yarn on my bed

So much yarn in my closet, it falls on my head .

I come in to the ville and what do I see

But another CAL made JUST FOR ME ......

How to resist them, you say ?

Maybe the power will go out today .

If my electric is out, then the internet won't work,

So I'm unable to come in here even to lurk

But there's all that yarn scattered all over the place

Partly started,partly finished afghans looking me in my face .

And who do I see when I come back in here ?

My good friend Tabby, who is always near .

She SAYS she won't sign up for one more of these

But something tells me she WILL if I say PLEASE .

Now is where the REAL fun will start

Since we are both overloaded with projects.... but LOOK ! There's more YARN IN MY CART !!!

Something tells me, as soon as we can

We'll have a NEW pattern ,yarn and hook in hand .

Remember, we made afghans, dishcloths, scarves,purses and more

But I'll bet some more of that doggone YARN will follow us in the door .

When I am old(er) I don't want to be in the Red HAT Bunch

Hanging out with Mabel and Freda and going to lunch .

I still wanna be here with THIS gang ,you see

You're all so much more fun , THIS is where I wanna be . :D

Julie , Julie , Julie....what shall we do with you..?? always tempting ....always MAKING us follow you....and as alway...your terrific poems....lol...Julie Your a trip! Your the best.

Stephanie - we must have posted at the same time. your ghan looks great I love the colors. If you run out you can put either different greens with it or go with red.:cheer

Julie - you are just amazing.:yay you are a poet and you didnt know it. I really liked your poem. How do you come up with these.

Thanks guys ---

Wendy, I don't know, sometimes a thought just hits me and I rattle off a poem. Once I was driving ( on the way to buy more YARN -- who woulda thunk it... ) and a poem just started rattling off in my head. I actually had to stop the car, get out some scrap paper and write it down so I wouldn't forget it . Usually if the first line comes to me, the rest just kinda falls into place .

And Tab--- No, I won't be signing up for MORE of these til I do finish at least one or two . I know I've said this so many times, but I REALLY don't like having lots of different things going at once because the pressure gets to me when there's too many things here waiting to be done .

These CAL's are just IMPOSSIBLE for me to resist though .

THERE is where the dilemma comes in .

I am also lucky (?) enough that my husband really doesn't care how much yarn I drag in here . As long as the bills are paid, he could care less what I do with the rest of the money .( Besides, he knows me too well. If he ever WOULD tell me NO MORE YARN .. I'd probably take all the money I had in the house and buy yarn with it .)

Need gas ? Sorry. no money .

Out of milk ... Sorry

No bread ? Sorry ...

But boy, do we have YARN !!! :lol

Good luck on your crochet time Tabby. I am going to get Cam today for awhile so I won't have much spare time, but it's ok, I havent gotten to see him hardly at all this week, so it'll be nice to visit with him .

I ended up putting my big granny away for today, til I get the points finished on my PS -- I want to TRY to have them done today so I can take a photo, but may not have time to work on it til later this afternoon or tonight .

Talk later ! :)

Olga, that is beautiful. I love the colors you used. I'm doing one in rose, brown, and white.

Thank you so much Lindan...your colors sound really pretty.Make sure you post a picture..I can't wait to see it .:hook

So I just stumbled onto this CAL and realized that it would make the perfect christmas gift for my B/F!!! I hope I can still join (this is my first CAL and I'm not certain if there are rules to these things:think) and hopefully I could have it done for the holiday. Has anyone done one with an athletics team type of theme?? I was thinking of doing it in the colors of his team and maybe with a chunky yarn. Any thoughts or opinions on that would be very helpful. I'm so excited I want to go buy the yarn immediately!!

Archived