Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

Hi ladies

I made 2 of these already, but think I will jump in with number 3 --- I will probably be the last one done on the planet, since I have lots of other CAL's going and very little free time right now, but I have a pile of the monet variegated that I thought would make a nice rectangle granny - these are nice to do when watching tv -- you don't have to pay close attention to it . :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up to round 38 of 50. Going slowly, and I'm out of black yarn:blush , but after I finish my swap squares this weekend, I'll be able to work and finish this possibly even this month. :yes

This is the first time I've posted a pic. I hope it works....

IMG_0005.jpg

I still have 5 rows to go, lol. Hopefully I will finish it soon so I can start another one. I used Mainstay white, varigated pink, and purple.

OK. I am officially joining this CAL. My son wanted me to make him a ripple after seeing mine. Then he saw me looking at all the pretty giant granny squares and changed his mind. So now I am making him a rectangle granny afghan. I'm on row 10 and I will post a picture as soon as he sees it and I know he likes it. I would hate to post a pic, then have to frog the entire thing if he doesn't like it. He picked out the colors, but I did a little modification of the colors because they just didn't work :wink

My son saw the rectangle granny I'm making for him and he loves it. I changed the color scheme he had picked out. The original colors were the verigated and blue. But the blue just wasn't looking right, it just got lost in the verigated. So I changed it to white, and he likes it much better.

th_rectgranny3.jpg

clickable

I didn't get it laid out as nicely as I wanted to, but I was fighting the lighting. The sun was setting, and I wanted to get the pic taken before I lost all the natural light.

Yes, it is Banana Berry. My DS has been wanting me to make him something with this color, since I haven't made him anything in a very long time. Every time he comes home from college, he asks me what I'm making for him. Last weekend we went and got the yarn that he wanted.

My DD saw I was making a rectangle granny for him, and now she wants one too :eek . So I have started her one too. I will go between the two of them. That will cut down on the boredom that will eventually set in the bigger they get. I am using a slightly different pattern for hers, along with a different type of yarn. I will try to get a pic posted tomorrow of hers.

Very nice, Dreams. Very colorful. My granny rectangle will be RH Cherry Red, Soft White and a dark blue-all from my stash. So I don't have to go shopping after all. I hoped to start it this week, but I still have to work on two baby afghans and my sister asked me to knit a scarf for her to give to a co-worker. Yikes!

These are my most favorite things in the whole world to make!!!!! I really hope you'll all be around when I finish up with the commitments I have now so I can join in.

I've made these with an I, J and K hook. I'll try to post pics when I actually have the time to join.

Oh - so many projects, so little time and only 2 hands! :)

I like granny squares, I just dread putting them all together. That's why I like the giant granny so much. Since I have 2 in the making, I'm sure I will be here for awhile. And my DS hinted that his girlfriend would like one for her dorm room, too. I will have to get these 2 done first before I start on hers.

I'm just glad our weather is finally changing and getting warmer. The cold was killing my hands and especially my wrist, since it is still on the mend. I picked a bad time of the year to crack my wrist :( It's been slow going these past few weeks, but hopefully I will be back to normal speed soon :whew

This is the first time I've posted a pic. I hope it works....

IMG_0005.jpg

I still have 5 rows to go, lol. Hopefully I will finish it soon so I can start another one. I used Mainstay white, varigated pink, and purple.

Julexia, that is so pretty! Great job.

I decided to post a pic of my DD's rectangle afghan. It is now bigger, since I had lots of time to crochet when I took her to the emergency room earlier this evening. I thought it was best to work on hers and not her brother's. She went skiing yesterday and broke her thumb. She is now in a splint halfway up her arm and is unable to move her thumb at all. It is her right thumb, and yes, she is right handed. The count is now 3 broken bones. She has broken both wrists and now her thumb. At least she spreads it out and doesn't break stuff back to back :lol

th_hillysrectgranny1.jpg

clickable

Hi guys! I finally got really started on mine 2 weeks ago. I am so slow. I am using Homespun Fiesta. The colors are so pretty! When I bought the yarn I only got 6 skeins. What in the world was I thinking lol. I am on my 5th skein now and it barely covers my knees lol.

I am making it for my husband who is 6'2". I will be crocheting for a while lol

I just wanted to say I am still in this CAL:hook

:welcome, wendyRN! Homespun Fiesta sounds great! I imagine that's going to be a very snuggly granny afghan. :yes

And as for hubby's--I keep putting off making mine an afghan, lol--he is 6'4" AND has this weirdy tactile thingy about soft stuff (he can't touch it). So I'm thinking of making him one in rug yarn :rofl:lol

Hello everyone! Welcome to all the new people!

I have a pic of my finished baby giant granny on my yahoo360 click the link below and let me know what you think.

------------

How cute - especially the matching booties and hats!

Selanda, I am using Caron Simply Soft. The colors are chocolate, watermelon (brite) and new white. She loves pink and brown, and I threw in the white. She loves how it is turning out. I just wish it was done, cause I know she'd love to be using it right now since she is spending most of her time laying down with her arm propped up on pillows.

This pattern is FANTASTIC and exactly what I was looking for!! I have a niece on the way and I'm so excited to finally have someone to crochet stuff for!!! :) (No kids here for a few more years!)

I'm going to start this as soon as I finish my current baby afghan!

I found a really pretty baby multicolor yarn, and I think for the solids I'll do light green and light pink, and maybe some white?

Yay!!!

Archived