Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

I wanted to post the CAL buttons for this CAL, I just thought that maybe there is someone that would like to use one on their blog!!!

gcalblogbutton.jpg

grannyalongbutton2346789.jpg

grannycalbutt.jpg

Please save them to your hard drive!!

Very nice CAL banners! I wish I knew how to work on my blog to make it good but my dysfunctional ADD Habits forbids me to organize a great blog:sweat :help

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone,

I have just posted a picture of a baby giant granny square I just finished and an AKA inspired giant granny afghan. Please go to my blog shown below and get it out and let me know what you think.

Selanda, your afghans are gorgeous! :clap

I have a rectangle granny ghan that is almost done...it's been almost done since last fall. :blush I don't know why I stopped working on it, but I'm going to pull it out this week and finish it! I'll try to post a picture tomorrow of where I'm at on it now.

It was originally going to be a queen size for my best friend's bed, then she bought a KING sized bed. :eek Maybe that's why I got discouraged and put it away. Any hoo, it's coming out tonight! :yes

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Giant Granny game and have a couple of questions. I have made one out of recycled sweaters and just left the multi-colored sweater yarn tied together, no thinking of how the stripes would come out. However, if one were to be a bit more thoughtful in the process - How do you decide how many stripes to make? how wide to make them? how much yarn you'll need? Thanks in advance for advice.

Here is the rectangle granny I've not worked on since I guess November. It's almost queen size:

th_RectangleGranny043007.jpg

(Clickable)

I was making it for my friend's queen size bed, then she bought a king size! I think I'm going to do a few more rounds - until it covers the top of a queen size bed, and then give it to her for their couch. They also bought a beautiful brown leather couch, and these colors will look gorgeous on it. And it will be large enough for her and her hubby to cuddle under. Probably both of the kids too!:lol

Harmonise, I think mostly people just wing it! I have used about 8 skeins of Homespun so far, I think. I still have the wrappers so I'll double check when I get home. As for how many rounds of each, I just picked three and went with that. It just depends on what look you want. Some people use up their stash and just do one round of each color. Just whatever looks good to you! There are no rules!:hook

Thank you! :manyheart

I haven't worked on it yet...I wanted to last night, but it was in the 80's here and I just couldn't bring myself to sit under it! It was warm in the house, but not warm enough to justify turning on the A/C yet, so I guess I'll have to wait unitl it really gets hot to work on it! :lol

Thank you! :hook I copied the colors from one I had seen posted when I first joined the 'ville, and I never get tired of them. I think I bought out AC Moore of those two colors when it was on sale last year. :lol

I think you're right about being big enough. Maybe I'll just put a couple rounds of dc on it as a border and send it on its way. It's going to cost a fortune to mail it as it is! :eek

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Giant Granny game and have a couple of questions. I have made one out of recycled sweaters and just left the multi-colored sweater yarn tied together, no thinking of how the stripes would come out. However, if one were to be a bit more thoughtful in the process - How do you decide how many stripes to make? how wide to make them? how much yarn you'll need? Thanks in advance for advice.

Here is my pic:

P3100026.jpg

I started off with one row and with each color change I added a row so it went like this one orange, two green, three orange and so on. This pic is so outdated my granny ghan is about twice that size by now but you get the idea some people just wing it some people decide before hand. The one I made for my son (which is on here somewhere) I think it was 3 blue, 1 green, 3 light blue then 1 green again.

I mostly lurke in the background. All your afgans are pretty ladies. You all inspired me to make afgans for my grandkids for christmas (which I havent crochet anything since my kids were babies.. so had to get the hang of it again) I made a baby size square granny out of cameo with buff trim and a larger square granny for his bigger brother from same colors of yarn . (Thier rooms are done in camo) For thier sister I made a rectangle granny out of waterfall,orchid,dreflt blue,misty green and lt yellow just have to finsh edge on it. Still have another afgan to make for another grandson then grandkids will be took care of for Christmas. I had never heard of the rectangle granny til saw one posted it . They work up pretty quickly. Thier moms are hinting for ones now.

Here is my updated progress on my granny:

P5090095.jpg

I have 10 rows of Sage, 11 rows of Mango and 12 rows of Sage left so I am not that far from being done. this is for my MIL. I think she has a queen size bed and the pic is on a full so if it doesn't fit she can use it for her couch if she wants.

• 1 month later...

I just finished one up for my mom, but she already squirreled it away. Next time I go to her house I'll snap one.

I just saw this and started mine. I don't know what I"m going to use it for...but I really liked the pattern and I need to use up my purple-ish yarn. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I started a giant granny square three months ago and it has been sitting in the corner of my living room ever since. I need motivation and I think a CAL is just what I need! :) Are people still making their's or did anyone come in late like me?

My afghan is black, purple, teal and a variegated. This will be my second giant granny square. I love the look, the color combos you can use and how fast they come along.

I finished this afghan recently, thought I would share.

You all have completed some gorgeous afghans! :manyheart

DSCF2242.jpg

Candy that is a beautiful afghan. Would you mind telling me where you got that pattern?

Thanks brennae!

I didn't use a pattern :blush I just started crocheting a granny square one day, :hook and never stopped! It "grew" into this afghan. I started it with a couple of pounders I had laying around. I finally stopped because it got too big to work with. This is on a queen bed, I think it would easily cover a king sized bed.

It's waiting to be gifted........I haven't decided who to give it to yet.:manyheart

Archived