Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished mine! I started in February and thought I would have plenty of time to get it done. Well, I did have plenty of time, but I got sidetracked by eco-friendly market bags (thanks to Darski), and then it got too hot to have this big afghan on my lap...you get the idea. The graduation party was on July 8, and I finished at 11:45 pm on the 7th.:lol I have a picture on a disposable camera, so when the roll is finished and if/when I learn to post pics, I shall return. Meanwhile, keep up the good work. I'll look in to check on your progress.

Terry

I finished this afghan recently, thought I would share.

You all have completed some gorgeous afghans! :manyheart

DSCF2242.jpg

Candy

Your giant granny afghan is so pretty, I really like it & the edges also, I know for sure you won't get cold this winter!!!

Here I finally finished my afghan for my MIL for x-mas this year

P6170060.jpg

P6170061.jpg

Your rec. granny afghan is very nice, you did a very good job on it!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still working on mine, but I got a lot of work done while we were driving to Cooperstown last weekend. :) It's about halfway complete...

47b7d624b3127cceb8858a56075800000026100Aat27hk4cNmLA

• 2 weeks later...

I love all the afghans here. I have one that has been a wip for the last 4 years. I recently picked it up again and I'm putting at least 2 rows on it each nite. My problem is the newer yarn I bought is a shade darker then the original. The lable says the same color- skipper blue. Oh well, since it's not for anyone in particular it dosen't matter to me. But I think once I say I'm finished with it my son will claim it. :lol Is anyone else still working on thiers?

I am still working on mine. I have about 4 more rounds to go.

I was just wondering, how big are you making yours? And how many rounds are you doing? I just want it big enough to cover us.

Beautiful color choices!:clap I know I haven't been participating, but I've been lurking-your afghans are all turning out so pretty!

I'm still working on mine, but I got a lot of work done while we were driving to Cooperstown last weekend. :) It's about halfway complete...

47b7d624b3127cceb8858a56075800000026100Aat27hk4cNmLA

Pat,

I am doing the rectangle granny this time. It is pretty big when I finish it will have about 54 or 55 rounds. I hope that helps.

Mine is the square one. I think if I had done the rectangle it would've been very close to the size I wanted. But when I started this one I didn't know there was a pattern for the rectangle. And the yarn I bought last year says the same color but it's a shade darker than the one I started with. But I think I'll still use it. Maybe just use it as a solid band around untill I use up most of the skiens I bought then do a aran/blue border around it. It should be big enough for my son to use. :)

Mine is the square one. I think if I had done the rectangle it would've been very close to the size I wanted. But when I started this one I didn't know there was a pattern for the rectangle. And the yarn I bought last year says the same color but it's a shade darker than the one I started with. But I think I'll still use it. Maybe just use it as a solid band around untill I use up most of the skiens I bought then do a aran/blue border around it. It should be big enough for my son to use. :)

Pat, I have done several square one. Check out my 360 blog to see some of them. I did a square about the same size of the one I am doing now on my blog it is the beige and brick red one. I hope that helps.

Also that sounds like a good plan to work with the color difference.

Beautiful color choices!:clap I know I haven't been participating, but I've been lurking-your afghans are all turning out so pretty!

Thank you!! :)

I just got back from vacation and am working on my border and finishing now. I hope to post my completed afghan in a few days.

I got a bag of beautiful yarn balls from a LYS while I was away and am going to make a granny scarf out of it. Then I hope to start up on another granny blanket. I'm addicted to grannies!! :)

Did I see someone say something about a rectangle granny?! Can someone post a picture so I can see what that would look like? Maybe that will be my next granny!! :) Thanks!! :)

Pat, I have done several square one. Check out my 360 blog to see some of them. I did a square about the same size of the one I am doing now on my blog it is the beige and brick red one. I hope that helps.

Also that sounds like a good plan to work with the color difference.

I went to your blog but I couldn't find any of your pictures. But thanks for the help. I was just looking at how many skiens of the other color I have and I think its 5 3.5 oz. skiens. Once I'm finished with the 2nd row of aran I'll start on the solid blue color and just see how far I can get with what I have. Maybe, depending on how it looks and how big it is, I might add something else to it. Maybe a border just to stretch it just a little more. As soon as my son finds my camera in his room I'll take a picture of it so far to show you.:)

I never knew what a magic ball was until I learned about it on this site. Guess what, I realized that that's what I have actually been doing with my scraps all along. When I have scraps about 18" long or more, but not big enough for a full granny sq., I tie them all together in no specific order. Then I just start making grannies and keep it going until it's a decent size, then through an organization, I belong to, it gets donated to the Linus project. I just thought that it was such a waste to throw out all those pieces and have made sever afghans this way. I've made quite a few over the years and within the past few months I've completed 2 of them and just started my third.

Hi everybody! Is it too late to join in on this? I'm also in the misc. afghan cal, but I have to have millions of projects going at one time or I get bored and never finish anything. But I just started two huge grannies this weekend. One is with Homespun in a pretty yellow color and the other I'm doing two strands of rh super saver; dark brown and aran. They're both working up pretty quickly. I can't post pictures yet though cause I only have the internet at work and it's kinda difficult here:(

By the way, I tried a few different patterns with the homespun and none of them really looked right. So I just opted for the granny. If anyone has any nice patterns for homespun, the link would be greatly appreciated!!!!

that is beautiful. I used the same color minus the black and my sister loved it. I am sure that who ever recieved that one was equally in love

Thats a bad picture, that is actually a plum color. I still have the blanket, haven't found anyone to give it to yet and I am kind of fond of it, lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,:cheer

I hope everyone is doing well

These giant grannies, are truely magical, they are fast to make, easy, & a whole lot of fun:yay

I want to start another one, I'll start it, this weekend, & work on it next week, the colors are in our other bedroom, on the bed, with all the other skeins of yarn...LOL

I just want to make sure that I don't run our of yarn:hook

I made one of these a few months back as a baby afghan and I LOVE Erin's pattern, its great!

DSC02772.jpg

DSC02773.jpg

Hi Lov2Crochet

I really like your granny, you did a great job on it!! Erin's pattern is the one I've always used:clap

Archived