Doily addiction

MimiFL

Three more doilies to show. :hook

This one I got from a French magazine. They use different abbreviations, but fortunately, the graph uses pretty much the same symbols I'm used to (I do love graphical patterns). I love this design, and it really wasn't very hard to do. My only problem was miscounting and having to frog and redo. It was even a breeze to block (because there are a lot of stitches, it didn't need much blocking to begin with). That one's about 13.5".

elegant_doily_ebay.jpg

This next one is called "Crown Jewels". It comes from the Vanna White binder I have (but since the binder is a "best of" collection, it must come from somewhere else originally). I had to totally revamp the last row to make it a different color without it affecting the design. It's about 11".

crown_jewels2.jpg

Finally, Loves me, Loves me not from Decorative Crochet magazine (i.e. also graphical). I love this pattern. It works up beautifully. Only downside is it was a pain to block. So many "spokes" - 16 in all. Argh. Came out to about 16".

loves_me_not_doily_ebay.jpg

Wow, Mimi, what absolutely gorgeous work! They are stunning.

I'd be so proud if I'd made any of them, but the French one I especially like because it's so unusual. Please could you say which French magazine it came from? I'd love to try to get a copy.

Smiles,

Nightowl, the first one is from Diana Idées Mailles (roughly translates as 'Stitch Ideas'). I bought it on a trip to France in 2001. At the time, I wasn't even into doilies but it looked interesting. I'm sure glad I brought that one home with me! :hook

They are sooooo beautiful!! You do amazing work!! I too love doilys, but HATE with a passion the graphic paterns, I swear, I can never get them right....

GREAT JOB!!:clap

Archived