Would you make this?

Ok, as I was flipping through the new Interweave Knits Crochet I happened upon an ad for Goddess Yarns. Now really, if I wanted to sell yarn, I don't know that I would use this as my calling card.

Click here

Is it just me? Would you make this? I'm not trying to knock it, honestly. I mean, I know we all have different tastes in things but I can't see anyone wearing something like this... Is it just me???

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's cute, but looks kind of bad on the model. I think there are places where it might be cool looking, but that's just not it...

I do like the idea though

Actually the my friend who I'm teaching to crochet, looked through my mag saw that poncho and LOVES it. I'm going to help her design one for herself :hook

One would wear it as a fashion statement rather than as something functional, ie, to cover up or keep warm. I could picture this being worn at an art gallery opening or to the theater in the summer.

I wouldn't make it or wear it myself. I'm too much of a clutz and I would snag it on everything, or it would slip off. And the price is too steep.

I think it's totally cute and I wish I could pull off that kind of look.

I think it's mis-modled though. It's more of a going out to a club kind of thing, over a tank top. It does look kind of dopey over a long sleeved T

Holly

uhhhh . .that's too funny Donna. I was looking at that magazine at my daughter's house just the other day and I opened to that page and pretty much said the same thing to my daughter.

I don't know if any of the rest of you do this, but I always have at least one skein which was purchased for something that never got made and I end up using it to "sample" patterns or stitches. I don't frog the experiments, I just start the next one a few feet away from the last one and I end up with several yards of half made squares, baby blanket swatches, stitch samples, etc. attached to each other. Well, that's what this poncho looks like to me, like she was learning to make squares and circles and when she ran out of yarn, she wrapped it around herself and said, "Look! I made a poncho!"

:cheer I just had a vision of getting caught up in every door handle or knob in sight.

:cheer I remember an apron, I had, with a pocket and I was forever getting the pocket hooked up in the knob on my board which slides out of my kitchen bench. I stopped wearing aprons becaues of it.

:cheer That Poncho would certainly have you stopping in your tracks, quite often in a day.

:think Very cute but hardly practical.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

I wouldn't wear it but I agree with Holly,

I think it's mis-modled though. It's more of a going out to a club kind of thing, over a tank top. It does look kind of dopey over a long sleeved T

Holly

It would look great on a young woman in a club with a floaty skirt and a tank top!:)

I think it's kinda trendy, and would look ok on the right person for the right outing. I am not that outspoken of a person, and don't know if I could handle the attention that would come from wearing it. You would have to be a pretty confident person to make it work. It's not that bad though

Who made that? Andy Worhol? :lol NO, I would not wear that. In fact I couldn't gaze at it too long, cause it hurt my eyes. :devil That'll definitely make the "what NOT to crochet" list!

Archived