Would you make this?

I think it's totally cute and I wish I could pull off that kind of look.

I think it's mis-modled though. It's more of a going out to a club kind of thing, over a tank top. It does look kind of dopey over a long sleeved T

Holly

That was my reaction too. I could see it over a plain black long slinky dress to go to a gallery opening or a club... not over jeans! I think it's kind of cool, but I love really avant-garde looking stuff. But, no... I wouldn't wear it on my fluffy self :)

Joan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To quote President Lincoln, more or less, who said this to an acquaintance when asked for an opinion after reading the man's novel:

"For the people who like that sort of thing, that is just the sort of thing those people would like."

To quote President Lincoln, more or less, who said this to an acquaintance when asked for an opinion after reading the man's novel:

"For the people who like that sort of thing, that is just the sort of thing those people would like."

Excellent quote!

:cheer I just had a vision of getting caught up in every door handle or knob in sight.

:cheer I remember an apron, I had, with a pocket and I was forever getting the pocket hooked up in the knob on my board which slides out of my kitchen bench. I stopped wearing aprons becaues of it.

:cheer That Poncho would certainly have you stopping in your tracks, quite often in a day.

:think Very cute but hardly practical.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

:rofl:rofl:rofl

So True!!!

Actually, though, it would be cute to wear to an art festival!

Living in this small town, I dont think people here could handle that... :eek So no I don't think it would be something I could or would ever wear... Sure not my style.:eek

I think it's mis-modled though. It's more of a going out to a club kind of thing, over a tank top. It does look kind of dopey over a long sleeved T

Holly

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it. On the right person, in the right situation, it would look great. Alas, I am not that person. ;)

It looks unfinished. I think if it had a little more shaping and was made in a glittery yarn or thread, it would look cute over the right little black dress. I probably wouldn't wear it, though. I am sort of beyond, let's just say, the little black dress stage of my life.

Ok, as I was flipping through the new Interweave Knits Crochet I happened upon an ad for Goddess Yarns. Now really, if I wanted to sell yarn, I don't know that I would use this as my calling card.

Click here

Is it just me? Would you make this? I'm not trying to knock it, honestly. I mean, I know we all have different tastes in things but I can't see anyone wearing something like this... Is it just me???

I think it's called "free style" or "scrumble" crochet. It looks to lacy to be usefull. If you made it more like a vest it might be o.k.

:cheer I am having another dip into this pot.

:think Others have mentioned wearing it to a Night Club. I have now got this picture of a girl, using it as a pick-up line.

:cheer A line of men she has picked up by getting their watches hooked through the loops.

:blush As long as she realises they are there BEFORE she goes into the Little Girls Room.

:eek Can anyone else see this picture?

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Call me weird or whatever, but I actually like it. I think it's a very trendy poncho and would definately wear it. I think made in a solid color as it's shown, worn over a black slip dress, it would look fabulous. I would definately make it and wear it. And so ya know, although I feel like I'm in my late twenties, 50 is around the corner for me.

Never in a million years! Just not me. I like softer styles I guess

Lynn

Archived